Menu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by celes View Post
    Niamh, Maeve, Cian, Cillian & Seamus are my favourites from your list! I know a Niamh, Cian and a Seamus and once people have an understanding of the name it's not so hard to remember them! Maeve seems to be super in right now so I don't think it's too far out there that you'd constantly get mispronunciations of it. Or, as an alternative, you could use the Neve, Killian, or Kian spellings to avoid that altogether. They do look a lot softer with the original spellings though... Over all, I think if you really love them, you should use them!
    thanks for your opinion! I love Maeve but I fear it’s going to be too popular in the future when I would actually get the chance to use it I much prefer the original spellings as the alternatives look a little harsh to me!
    annabelle | teenberry | dog mom to cassie

planning ahead:

genevieve ophelia | maeve rosalind | ines victoria | elizabeth june | madeleine tessa | elodie pearl | amelia violette

sebastian leo | philip tobias | august james | clark alexander | harrison samuel | asa maxwell | seamus john | cillian arthur | quentin thomas | reid ellis

Quote Originally Posted by eireann View Post
    Do you live in the UK? I think they're all hard to wear outside of the UK, however Niamh, Maeve, Cian and Cillian are either well known (Niamh) or easy to pronounce, so I think they're safe. Saoirse, Caoimhe, Roisin (I see your worry, but they don't sound alike so the fact they look alike might be OK), Seamus and Eoin aren't phonetic by any means so might be considered unusable if you're not living in the UK. It just depends on where you live, although I can't really picture a name so obviously Irish on someone who has no Irish in them.
    No I don’t live in the UK and I see your point, from what I know my family is decended from Ireland and I live in an area where most people have come from Ireland so I don’t think using them would be such a huge issue! But someday I would love to live in the UK (Ireland preferably) so maybe using them wouldn’t be too unusual?

planning ahead:

genevieve ophelia | maeve rosalind | ines victoria | elizabeth june | madeleine tessa | elodie pearl | amelia violette

sebastian leo | philip tobias | august james | clark alexander | harrison samuel | asa maxwell | seamus john | cillian arthur | quentin thomas | reid ellis

Quote Originally Posted by josephinedagnall View Post
    I'm not American, so I don't know how the names would be received there, but all of the above would be perfectly usable in the UK - although I would be surprised to meet an Eoin or Caoimhe who wasn't Irish. I think Niamh, Maeve, Cian, and Seamus would be the most usable in America.
    Thank you for your opinion!

planning ahead:

I love Maeve with a nickname of Mae. :-)

I'm from the US, in an area with lots of individuals of Irish heritage, and also have a liking for many of the same names.

Since you arent afraid of spelling, Aoife might be a good option. Similar sound to Eva, (Efa).

Is Moira too out dated for you?

:-)
    Greta Christie (9/2018)

Maybe one of these someday...

Caspian | Taggart | Thorbjorn | Hawkeye | Thorin | Marshall | Tadhg

Svea | Maeve | Moira | Tove/Tova | Euphemia "Effie" | Elin | Ebba | Freja | Mildred "Millie" | Ingrid | Mae