Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wally for a little lady?

So maybe this is crazy, but I just LOVE sound of the name Wally. I know we attach it to boys usually, but if you just say it in your head, eyes closed... hmm.

I see another poster was looking to arrive at the nickname Wellie, which made me think of Wally!

There’s Molly, Polly, Holly...? Why not Wally?!

Honest opinions please! <3

Maybe it's because I'm not a big fan of Wally in general (where I am it's a word used sometimes to describe someone being silly or foolish) and thus not the best judge, but I'm not sure on it.
    As a nickname I think i could get behind it though
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

NB 'most hated' names...
    Paisley Nevaeh|Everleigh Kadence|London Poppy|Riley Peyton
    Cherish Emilie|Ireland Kinsley|Sloane Elliette|Emerson Katie
    Addison Crystal|Kelly Reign|Lulu Patricia|Charlie Snowe

More names!

Makes me think of the phrase "wally-eyed" and of the Wall-E movie. So maybe not by itself, but I could see it being used as a nickname for Wallace or Wallis, which have been used as female names before. Since their both vintage and masculine they feel ahead of trend.
    rachel - teenberry

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

I don't love it by itself- But as a previous poster said I'm not a fan of the name for either gender, however I think it could work nicely as a nickname if you brainstormed a full name. It reminds me of the Wall-E movie, again, like someone else said.
    names; they are so sweet; such an important sound that may be understood in any language. ♡ teenberry, 16 ♡

léonie eve / violet june / augusta lily ♡
    caspian joel / vincent matthias / robin augustus ♡

quick namebank: ivy, dahlia, anais, lucia, lily, rosemary, arwen, juliet, karsia, madalynn, marcella, drew, perseus, elijah, theo, callum, casper, robin, finn, tobias;

Makes me think of Wallis Simpson who went by Wally. Logically, with Polly, Molly, Sally, Lily, etc, Wally should work on it's own but I still prefer it as a nickname for Wallis.
    Proud Mama to Brynn Elizabeth (3/2014)
    and Beatrix Dawn (10/2018). Searching for the perfect name for our 3rd and final child (2/2020).

Let the narrowing down begin...

·Sabrina·Cecelia·Daphne·Phoebe·Thora·Matilda ·Clara·Sybil·Sylvia·Agatha·Josephine· Astrid· Iris·Jane·Alice·Wendy·Miriam· Caroline·Zelda·

·Calvin·Jude·August·Miles·Gideon·Frederick· Nathaniel·Gabriel·Simon·Arthur· Rupert/Robert·Elliot·Beckett·Charles·Edmund· Malcolm·Harrison·Wesley·