Delphie Claire
    Elma Josephine

Dustin James
    Grady Theodore
    Edwin Cain
    Reggie Maxwell
    Lennox Peter
    Remy Graham

I like Hawthorne (though I'm not as keen on Hawk) and Asa, and think Beau makes for a great middle. Wilder & Hawthorne sound particularly great as a brother-duo.

TTC 2017
    Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

I love Grady Grey

I am currently considering naming my son Hawthorne (possibly spelled Hawthorn, not sure yet) so I obviously very much like that name. I like that there are other nickname possibilities (e.g. Thor) and although it is unusual to be used as a name, it feels familiar.

Asa is a very different name when contrasted with Hawthorne - I think of Hawthorne (and especially the nickname Hawk) as somewhat masculine and almost tough - where as Asa is very soft and more gender-neutral in my mind. But that is just me. Both are lovely for different reasons.

Of the three, I like Grady the least personally.

Good luck
    Mom to Cedar 杉 and Evren 宇宙

I love Grady! I would pick Grady Townes from your options.

e&a
    FC 12/21/2017
    RO EDD 01/10/2020

Innes Pine. Emil Shepherd. Ivo Maximilien.

Quote Originally Posted by wandsworth View Post
    River has not "gone girl" nor was it ever a boy's name. It has always been unisex. So tired of these outdated attitudes.
    My intention is never to offend. I had looked up the SSA data and see it's rising 2x as fast for girls vs boys. I do agree it has a soft sound and I actually love it for both, but with this child I am hoping to not pick a unisex name.

Before reading the whole post, my first thought was Hawthorne! I think it instantly makes me think literary and whimsical/nature. I also think it goes really well with your other kids names!

Grady is also really cool! I quite like it.

The suggestion Hawthorne Grady is really nice, imo. Otherwise I'd say Hawthorne Gray or Hawthorne Townes.
    Joan | Felicity | Winifred | Elizabeth | Mae | Alice | Dorothy | Bernadette | Eleanor

William | Conrad | Leonard | Lionel | Barnaby | Isaac | Hugh | Grover | Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by michellem View Post
    Hi there.

Your kids' names are darling!

Here are my thoughts for #3:

Hawthorne "Hawk"-This normally wouldn't be my style, but the nn that barely makes sense thing is right up my alley! It's just sort of a strong imagery; maybe a lot to live up to.

Asa "Ace"-I love it! Such a great name. It sounds like a baseball player or a cool artist. Asa is very down to earth. It's simple yet unique, & does have a bit of a Southern feel. I like Ace too. Ace can be a nn for most any 'A' name in my opinion.

Grady "Gray"-I think that Grady is kind of cute. I generally try to avoid repeating initials, but maybe it's not a deal breaker for you. It's a little more trendy sounding, just because it's so close to Brady & Brady. Grady is way better for some reason, but not my favorite from your list.

Asa Hawthorne or Asa River get my vote.

Hope this helps.
    I had to read over your response twice because I loved your insight so much! Thank you!

I agree on Hawthorne, which is actually why I've been holding back a bit from using it - though my hubby and daughter love it most. I wonder if it's too....grand? I don't know! I love the sound but just do think over it and am torn. I'll have to see how I feel once I meet him. Maybe a middle is safer somehow...while still allowing me to use it.

The double initial thing is not ideal for me, but also not a deal breaker per say. I always remind myself that the kids will have their own lives and will not always be grouped together and this will matter less and less as they age. That being said, Grady is sort of a vehicle to get to Gray so I don't have my heart set on it anyhow!

I think I'm with you and Asa Hawthorne feels wonderful if my hubby comes around to using Asa as a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by river_dweller View Post
    Before reading the whole post, my first thought was Hawthorne! I think it instantly makes me think literary and whimsical/nature. I also think it goes really well with your other kids names!

Grady is also really cool! I quite like it.

The suggestion Hawthorne Grady is really nice, imo. Otherwise I'd say Hawthorne Gray or Hawthorne Townes.
    I feel like Hawthorne fits in too - especially with the literary tie. I agree with you and like Hawthorne Gray as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by lubru View Post
    I am currently considering naming my son Hawthorne (possibly spelled Hawthorn, not sure yet) so I obviously very much like that name. I like that there are other nickname possibilities (e.g. Thor) and although it is unusual to be used as a name, it feels familiar.

Asa is a very different name when contrasted with Hawthorne - I think of Hawthorne (and especially the nickname Hawk) as somewhat masculine and almost tough - where as Asa is very soft and more gender-neutral in my mind. But that is just me. Both are lovely for different reasons.

Of the three, I like Grady the least personally.

Good luck
    Oh my goodness I gasped when I saw your signature - we had Hawthorne Cove picked out as a top a couple months back!! Too funny! Similar styles for sure.