Menu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Indulge me/help me expand my lists!

Haven't posted one of these threads in a while, if ever, but I'm always in search of new names that fit my style and could possibly go on my list. I'm not expecting and won't be for quite a long time, so when I try and discuss names with my SO he's never interested.

I'd describe my style as mostly unusual names with an ethereal/otherworldly feel, that sound like they could belong in a fantasy novel but also work in real life. Connections to mythology are a plus, and I love names of Celtic and Scandinavian origin as well. Prefer names with a long history, but am trying to be open to more recent creations too. I don't mind some classics, but most of them feel quite boring to me. Not a fan of surnames as first names or most Biblical names/names with overtly Christian meanings (with some exceptions).

My top 10 for each gender at the moment are:

Freya
    Elowen
    Ceridwen
    Annora
    Arwen
    Ingrid
    Linnea
    Cordelia
    Cerys
    Morwenna

Tristan
    Arthur
    Alasdair
    Alaric
    Emrys
    Oisin/Ossian (pronounced uh-sheen)
    Soren
    Stellan
    Leif
    Felix
    Odin
    Rose, 23, gamer, cat lady, lover of imaginary worlds

Freya Ceridwen, Elowen Katarina, Arwen Elyse, Ingrid Annora, Hazel Gwyneira, Meriel Felicity
    Tristan Leif, Arthur Oisín, Alasdair Odin, Stellan Felix, Jasper Leonidas, Soren Valter

{my full lists}

Last edited by greyblue; June 6th, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

NB 'most hated' names...
    Paisley Nevaeh|Everleigh Kadence|London Poppy|Riley Peyton
    Cherish Emilie|Ireland Kinsley|Sloane Elliette|Emerson Katie
    Addison Crystal|Kelly Reign|Lulu Patricia|Charlie Snowe

More names!

Emmeline Theodora Alice - Genevieve Xanthia Haley - Josephine Georgia Wilder -
    Sophia Sibella Marjory

Vaden Ethan Valor - Julian James Atlas - Desmond Holton Marshall - August Rainer Jacoby

Adela - Apolline - Indra - Lauriene - Leocadia - Sedona - Theophane - Verity - Vivian - Zephyrine

Amadeus - Felix - Jonathan - Leonidas - Sheppard - Whitaker - Winslow - Zephyr

Crushes
    Rhett - Oscar - Vincent - Summit - Clarence - Amos - Matthias - Reid - Bell - Roman - Hurst

Honor/Family names

Some suggestions so far are already on my lists - I particularly love Endellion, Olwen, Delyth, Aderyn, Lyra, Iona, Guinevere, Morgana and Isolde (but not with a brother named Tristan); Rhydian, Alaric, Magnus, Cormac, Evander, Thorin.

I like Gethin a lot! That's one I forgot about but it is really handsome. And I won't say which one, @greyblue, but one of your boy suggestions is my surname... and while I'm changing it to SO's when we get married, I'm not a fan of the whole passing down your maiden name tradition. Sylvan and Aramis are nice in theory, but I'm worried the former might be seen as too girly/effeminate and the latter being the name of a cologne puts me off.

Caspian and Bronwen get suggested to me often too, but I don't like the Narnia books at all, and Bronwen/Bronwyn was used a fair bit here... for my parents' generation so I have trouble picturing it on a baby.
    Rose, 23, gamer, cat lady, lover of imaginary worlds

Freya Ceridwen, Elowen Katarina, Arwen Elyse, Ingrid Annora, Hazel Gwyneira, Meriel Felicity
    Tristan Leif, Arthur Oisín, Alasdair Odin, Stellan Felix, Jasper Leonidas, Soren Valter

{my full lists}

Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere Azalea, Eleanor Davita, Greta Adeline

Favorite boys: Colm Phineas, Julian Albert, Ewan David