Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

After years, our one and only is here...

Peregrine Thalia Morgan

We'd been TTC since summer 2016 with a few losses before getting to this point, so we had a long time to mull over a long list, a short list, and a final three. It was very stressful to choose, since we only want one but we love names! At the end, it was between Peregrine and Andromeda, but when testing them both out, Peregrine was the one that felt "right" to both of us. Both of our top choices were long, but our surname is very short, so it feels balanced instead of unwieldy.

Peregrine is traditionally masculine (as is my mother's name, my aunt's name, and my grandmother's name), but it's uncommon enough in the US that no one has questioned its use for our daughter. We've been trying out different nicknames--Pippin, Pippa, Perry, Prin, Rin--but will let her choose what suits her when she's older. We love the name for its actual meaning (traveller or pilgrim), though I don't mind the falcon association as I'm something of a bird lover. Thalia was one of our runner-ups, a nod to my husband's Greek heritage and my mythology interests. Alongside Peregrine, we like the idea of one who inspires joy wherever she travels. The second middle name, Morgan, is also mythological but also honoring our shared Welsh ancestry as well as a late family member of the same name.

Our birth announcement summarized it this way:

Peregrine [PAIR-uh-grin], Latin, "traveller" or "pilgrim"
    Thalia [TAH-lee-ah], Greek, "flourishing", muse of comedy
    Morgan [MOR-gan], Welsh, "sea-born" or "sea-chief"

Peregrine shares a name with four early saints and the first child born
    in Plymouth Colony. May she inspire joy wherever she travels.

Congratulations! Peregrine Thalia Morgan is beautiful!
    Lucia Clemency ۰ Harriet Morgana ۰ Lydia Genevieve
    Alexander Florin ۰ Dorian Beowulf ۰ Hugo Amadeus

Eald Englisc:
    Annis ۰ Ardith ۰ Cwen ۰ Elvia ۰ Nelda
    Lucan ۰ Oswald ۰ Feran ۰ Godwin ۰ Lufian

Congratulations! Her name is lovely!
    .H.
    .Winnie-bug & Wy-man & Cece-bean.

Corinne Theodora : Corinne Starlight
    Griffin Levi : Griffin Ira : Griffin Everley Scout
    Noor Adelina Kai
    Victorien Sky : Violet Odessa Maeve
    Valkyrie Lucia : Lucia Valkyrie
    Let all that you do be done in love
    1 Corinthians 16:14

Such an incredible, individual name with so much personal meaning. Warmest congratulations on her safe arrival!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Congratulations! What a strong, meaningful name! I love all the nickname options!
    Mickie
    mama to elise

Congratulations on your little one, and on choosing such a unique and meaningful name!
    Caspian Forest ✨ Rowan Taliesin ✨ Oberon Fen ✨ Albion Oak ✨ Emrys Valerian ✨ Tristan Nightingale ✨ Endymion North

Lavender Alice ✨ Nimue Cypress ✨ Willow Avalon ✨ Eve Wisteria ✨ Ophelia Meadow ✨ Morwenna Oceane ✨ Cosima Rose ✨ Juliet Snow ✨ Pandora Lily ✨ Sylvie Belladonna

Considering:
    Peregrine Tyr ✨ Gideon / Gwyn Baelfire ✨ Solomon Fable ✨ August Faramir ✨ Cove Melchior ✨ Alistair Hawthorne ✨ Balthasar / Pellinor Wolf ✨ Rook Leopold

Absolutely stunning name choice! Congratulations!!
    Now posting as @thelittlefairywren!
    ...felt the need for a fresh user...

Congratulations.......Best wishes to you all.

I LOVE her name.

Congrats!! I normally prefer Peregrine for a boy but I adore your combo so much. Peregrine Thalia Morgan sounds badass and so meaningful.
    Luna.

Cherished top 10:
    Seraphina, Evangeline, Isabelle, Aurelia, Valentina, Violetta, Rosalind, Vanessa, Catalina, Helena
    Leon, Felix, Gabriel, Magnus, Caspian, Edmund, Cedric, James, Gideon, Francis

Latest crush:
    Leif Ansel | Lucie Angharad

Gorgeous! And big congrats from another mum with a surprising journey to motherhood.
    Replying to posts to say what you made of the help should be standard NB etiquette - please reply! 🤓