Menu

Last names/surnames for my protagonists

Hello! I have been working on an original story for some time, since the late eighth grade. I have created five or six protagonists. I'd like a list of new surnames for all of them. I found the previous surnames to be rather cringeworthy.
    Last edited by dayjs; June 18th, 2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Original Characters Names':
    Delilah|Claire|Kaitlyn|Andrew|Paul

They all have the same ln like siblings?

Ryder
    Moore
    Jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by summs View Post
    They all have the same ln like siblings?

Ryder
    Moore
    Jarvis
    Nah, my main characters aren't siblings. The protagonists are all close friends.
    Last edited by dayjs; June 24th, 2019 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilliankaitlynn View Post
    Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by dayjs; June 10th, 2019 at 09:03 PM.

I think I will break the list down, one character at a time to make sure I can get as specific as possible.

Delilah - Her family name(s) must contain "bird", "cross", or "feather"; can be hyphenated if there are two family names.
    Claire - Claire's last names should include "bright" or "star". If there are two last names, then there may be a hyphen (same as Delilah above)
    Kaitlyn - Electric themed surnames.
    Andrew - His last names can have a winter theme.
    Paul - Paul's family name has to have a wood or tree theme.
    Last edited by dayjs; June 18th, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

1) Wren, Quill, Byrd, Featherstone (although the name's meaning has nothing to do with feathers or birds), Adler (means "eagle" in German)

2) How about Bright or Brightman? Maybe a bit on the nose but it's all I can come up with.

3) Watson is the obvious one that comes to mind. Edison, as in Thomas Edison, or even Tesla after Nikola Tesla

4) Winter(s), Wynter, Winterson, Frost,

5) Greenwood, Greenman, Xylander (made up of Greek elements xylon (wood, forest) and andros (man) meaning “wood man” or “man of the forest”), Holtzman, Forrest, Atwood

All depends from the characters. You can choose different kind of names like Gregor or Zoye. I am bad in writing stories, I have some ideas of my f novels, some characters. I can suggest something to my friends. I college I often use help of some sevices review with them i look up on https://paidpaper.net/papersowl-com-review/
    Last edited by rengi33; June 14th, 2019 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weaverblue View Post
    1) Wren, Quill, Byrd, Featherstone (although the name's meaning has nothing to do with feathers or birds), Adler (means "eagle" in German)

2) How about Bright or Brightman? Maybe a bit on the nose but it's all I can come up with.

3) Watson is the obvious one that comes to mind. Edison, as in Thomas Edison, or even Tesla after Nikola Tesla

4) Winter(s), Wynter, Winterson, Frost,

5) Greenwood, Greenman, Xylander (made up of Greek elements xylon (wood, forest) and andros (man) meaning “wood man” or “man of the forest”), Holtzman, Forrest, Atwood
    Thank you so much for the names!
    Last edited by dayjs; June 16th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rengi33 View Post
    All depends on the characters. You can choose a different kind of names like Gregor or Zoye.
    Thanks! I was inspired by anime/manga and cartoons where the protagonists' last names had a meaning,
    Last edited by dayjs; June 19th, 2019 at 03:44 PM.