Menu

Red face Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Unexpected Pick

I don't know if any of you keep up with 19 Kids and Counting/Counting On (it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine - so many babies and sibsets to keep the name nerd in me interested!) but if you don't, then you might not know that Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and her husband Ben have a new daughter: Ivy Jane.

I'm pleasantly surprised at this one - her sons are called Spurgeon Elliott and Henry Wilberforce so I was expecting a more unusual pick, but no snark here - I think Ivy Jane is a lovely, sweet and simple name.

Conrad Gabriel ✥ August Leif ✥ Gideon Pascal ✥ Ambrose Dimitri ✥ Tobias Rowan ✥ Calvin Raphael
    ⇝⇜
    Saskia Maeve ✥ Paloma Violet ✥ Vivian Margot ✥ Bryony Madrigal ✥ Ottilie Freya ✥ Ivy Madelief

How About: Ancient European Chic - Oslac ✥ Thormot ✥ Othin ✥ Iselie ✥ Amelaith ✥ Ellisif

~ Never been expecting, but always been collecting ~

Me too! I was pleasantly surprised to find out her name was Ivy Jane! It's such a cute, simple, feminine name. I love it!
    teenberry | 16 | usa

Ladies
    aviva jane . tigerlily louisa . rowan skye . brontë amelia . zoella maisie . oakley nora . piper charlotte . alice simone . brynn victoria . abigail marie
    Gentlemen
    alexander william . felix george . nathaniel benjamin . lucas scott . markus leo . maxwell james . edison luke . phineas matthew . james robert . jack foster

@livia my biggest guilty pleasure TV show is Counting On lol! Much like you all the names etc are partly what keeps me interested.

I was also very surprised and very pleasantly at that at this new name. So fun and fresh, and not biblical which I would have assumed, or more out there compared to her brother's names.

I'm really excited for October/November when there will be 4 more names!
    Astrid. Beatrix. Gemma. Flora. Freya. Ivy. Margot. Matilda. Maxine. Ramona. Thora.

August. Arlo. Bram. Brooks. Darcy. Everett. Ezra. Kit. Maxwell. Silas. Sumner.

I like it a lot.

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

Ivy Jane is adorable, though unexpected when you consider her boys' names. I actually really like this name a lot!
    ✰girls✰
    imogen may. clover brynn. zoe faith. eloise violet. sunny caroline.
    piper georgia. olive gabrielle. juliana louise. cecelia noelle “cece”.

✰boys✰
    elliott jude. rowan gabriel. leo flynn. wilder grey. jace maverick. everest john.
    archer phillip “archie”. kennen reese. brecken lee. theo james. sebastian theo “seb”.

They released a video, talking about her name. For those who didn't see it, they basically said that they liked the names and how they flowed together. Apparently, Jane was a nod to Lady Jane Grey.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel