Menu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyson??

Tyson??

Thoughts, opinions and ideas on Tyson? What race/ ethnicity would you assume he was if any? What kind of vibe does it give you? What kind of imagery does it give you? As for Tyson Chicken and Mike Tyson- I actually like the nugget association and think Nugget would be a cute pet name/ inside joke, and I'm not too worried about Mike Tyson, (but should I be?) just means I cant use Michael in the middle to honor my dad lol. Any and all feedback welcome, and so are suggestions if you have any.

TIA!!!
    American☆Namenerd

•Boys•
    Ezra Griffin•Tyson Arrow•Declan Wolf
    Axel Talon •Wyatt Bear•Ryker Stone
    Silas Thorn•Baxter Hawk

•Girls•
    Stella Quest•Zoey Sonnet•Britta Fable
    Skyler Forest•Teagan Story•Delta Vesper
    Thea Sparrow•Celeste Poem•Tessa Dove

I love the nickname Ty, though Tyson as a full name feels a bit 2000's to me for some reason.
    But it could 100% still work with all the other trendy -son names right now! Especially if he went by Ty, which feels quite fresh to me because of Kai.
    There's a Percy Jackson character with the name, and that's pretty much my only association. I don't think of any specific race or nationality when I hear it.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

I hate to say it, but for me, this name is still inextricable from Mike Tyson. I would have concerns about using it for that reason, due to the rape conviction and the whole ear-biting thing. If I had to pick a race/ethnicity most closely associated with this name, it would be Black, again because of Mike Tyson.

I hate to give negative feedback on your favorite choice, so I tried to find some alternatives - maybe Brycen, Bison, Dyson, Dawson, Lawson, Macsen, Tyrone, Tyreese, Tobin, or Tiber?
    Last edited by lavenderwitch; May 15th, 2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Caspian Forest ✨ Rowan Taliesin ✨ Oberon Fen ✨ Albion Oak ✨ Emrys Valerian ✨ Tristan Nightingale ✨ Endymion North

Lavender Alice ✨ Nimue Cypress ✨ Willow Avalon ✨ Eve Wisteria ✨ Ophelia Meadow ✨ Morwenna Oceane ✨ Cosima Rose ✨ Juliet Snow ✨ Pandora Lily ✨ Sylvie Belladonna

Considering:
    Peregrine Tyr ✨ Gideon / Gwyn Baelfire ✨ Solomon Fable ✨ August Faramir ✨ Cove Melchior ✨ Alistair Hawthorne ✨ Balthasar / Pellinor Wolf ✨ Rook Leopold

@lavenderwitch thank you so much for your feedback! I would much rather know now than use it and end up regretting it. I have gotten very rude and racist comments about Tyson from people IRL ("its not like you are gonna have BLACK kids lolol why would you give your poor baby a GHETTO name?!") and wanted to get some added perspective. Thank you for your suggestions! I do have Bryce on my list, I like Dyson a lot but worry about the vaccum cleaner connection, and as much as I like Ty names, I think the only one i could get away with is Tyler lol. Kind of a bummer cause it's such a neat sound and I think the meaning of "firebrand" is pretty cool.
    American☆Namenerd

•Boys•
    Silas Thorn•Baxter Hawk

•Girls•

@emmievis I actually first found the name from that character! He is one of my favorites. I do tend to like kind of "would have been trendy in the early 2000s" names lol
    American☆Namenerd

•Boys•
    Silas Thorn•Baxter Hawk

•Girls•