Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laela?

Laela?

What do you think about the name Laela? It means "night" in arabic. It can also mean " a field of flowers". I don't know why but I just don't like the traditional spellings Laila/Layla.

I like the sound of it, but not that spelling. I much prefer Laila or Layla.

I think someone also could be confused with how it’s pronounced. I know I thought it was pronounced differently when I saw the title before I read your post.

Again, I really like the name though.

Hmm. I have conflicting feelings about this one. I don’t usually like spelling that deviate from the original name, but Laela already has several acceptable spellings, so a little girl with that name would have to spell her name out to people anyways. I think it could work. It’s very cute and sweet!
    Bravery Isobel • Fox Matilda • Glow Charlotte • Larkspur Willa • Haven Jo • Fae Amaryllis • Bright Annabelle • Lux Josephine • Bloom Evangeline • Finch Lucille • Magnolia Sunday • Boheme Truth

Soul Maxwell • Aslan Thomas • Shepherd Atticus • Revere Noah • Brave Peter • Bear Emerson • Legend Eli • Knight Caspian • Sage Henry • Cricket Hugo • Ever Montgomery • Pax Indigo

I kind of like the spelling, actually! It might cause a lot of confusion down the line, but I do think it’s pretty. No matter how you spell it though, it’s a lovely name.
    Haley / twenty-three / stuck in the 80s

Heather / Erin / Kelly / Mary
    Kristen / Lindsey / Courtney / Natalie
    Allison / Dana / Katrina / Kristy
    Desiree / Chelsea / Whitney / Kelsey

Clayton / Garret / Tyson / Jamie
    Brock / Morgan / Nathan / Mitchell
    Brendan / Addison / Travis / Ryan
    Chase / Trevor / Hadley / Cameron

She would have to spell it out for everyone her whole life, although there are so many kr8tiv spelling variations for Layla that she would probably have to spell it for everyone anyway. From a teachers perspective, it would make me sigh a little, although the pronunciation is still intuitive with this spelling. Between Layla, Leela, Leila, Lila, Alaya and all the other pronunciations and spellings I think correcting people would get very tiresome very quickly.
    Amberican☆Namenerd

•Boys•
    Ezra Griffin•Tyson Arrow•Jesse Wolf
    Axel Talon•Wyatt Bear

•Girls•
    Stella Quest•Zoe Sonnet•Britta Fable
    Teagan Story•Delta Celeste