Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Mona?

I've been thinking about the name Mona Susannah Inez, I like that it's Irish and the meaning connects it to my name (my middle name also mean noble) and it's got historical connection. The only possible problem is the "moan" first syllable.

Do you think the first syllables would actually be a problem and if you do do you have any ideas?
    Helena Rosalind Joan | Alice Genevieve Eliza | Rosemary Abigail Macha
    Dolores Johanna Sadhbh | Iris Estella Constance | Mona Susannah Inez

Lena, Alice, Rosie, Lora, Iris & Mona

Oisín Thomas Jude | Joseph Robert Francis | Ruairí Evander MacBride
    James Amargein Sumner | Caílte Elias Fitzgerald | Theodore Alden Tadhg

Oisín, Bobby, Ruairí, Jem, Kit & Teddy

I have to admit that the sound of the first syllable makes the name unusable, at least for me.

Here's a list of names that also mean "noble":

https://nameberry.com/list/683/names-that-mean-noble?all=1
    Mom of Kiersten Elizabeth, aka Kit

*Alexandria*Bryony*Cecelia*Deirdre*Emiliana*France sca*Holly*Isa*Jemima*Kyra*Larissa*Phoebe*Renée*Sa brina*Silvie*Tamsin*Willow*Wren*

*Alasdair*Archer*Brendan*Colin*Dominic*Evan*Holden *James (nn Jamie)*Ian*Karl*Theodore*

I love the look of it but unfortunately I feel like some rude kids would turn it the wrong way
    annie | teenberry | lover of names | dog mom to cassie

names i’ve been loving:

Maeve Rosalind - Genevieve Ophelia - Ada Catherine - Ines Victoria - Phoebe Elizabeth & Isabelle Patricia

Leo Sebastian - Philip Tobias - August James - Clark Alexander - Harrison James & Corbin Matthew

my current crushes: Lavinia Scarlett and Sylvie Juliette

I think it’s stylish in a clunky-retro sort of way, and personally I don’t mind the sound, although I much prefer Nona because you avoid that “moan” syllable.

I have to admit, the likely nickname Mona is what ultimately put us off using Ramona for our baby girl, because it’s so Marmite and I don’t love it enough to be able to deal with the haters! But I would admire it on someone else’s child.

I think Mona Susannah Inez is a great combo — funky, spunky and retro-classic.
    ♀ J. M. + ♂ K. V. + ♀ A. H.

Flora Beatrix • Nell Cosima • Tess Apolline • Zosia Primrose
    Asa • Caspar • Florin • Ivo • Jem • Lupin • Rafe • Sasha • Tor

My best friend’s name is Mona! She pronounces it Muna tho. I like the moon-nah pronunciation better than “moan”. You can always use Muna, Mina, or Una.
    Vote on my names:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9870842

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐿𝑒𝓂 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝒿𝒶𝒽

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 ❤️

ⓕⓤⓣⓤⓡⓔ ⓑⓐⓑⓔⓢ
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒾 𝐸𝓏𝓇𝒶, 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝒹𝑒, 𝐵𝑒𝓃-𝒜𝓂𝒾, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓃, 𝒢𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃 𝑅𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓃𝒶, 𝒩𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝓃𝓃𝑜𝓃, 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇💕