Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welcome Sylvie and Susannah

Our fraternal twin girls Sylvie Elisabeth and Susannah Sparrow were born on April 28th.

Susannah Sparrow- We chose the name Susannah for a couple of reasons. First, it was to honor my grandmother whose middle name is Sue. Second, it’s a biblical girls name that you don’t hear very often. I considered so many middle names, but in the end I felt that her middle was Sparrow, a name that was on my guilty pleasure list for a long time, when we found out that she was growth restricted. There are many verses in the Bible about God caring for even sparrows, even the smallest creatures, and it was our prayer that he would care for her as well. “His Eye is on the Sparrow” is a special song we sing to her. We plan to use the nickname Zuzu along with Susannah in its full form.

Sylvie Elisabeth- The inspiration for Sylvie’s name came from doing genealogy research on my husband’s side of the family. He had an ancestor named Sylvain who immigrated from Belgium. I thought Sylvain was an intriguing name, and I liked the female form Sylvie too. Elisabeth is another name with family connections on my husband’s side, and I wanted all of our girls names to have family connections and biblical connections. I went with the Elisabeth spelling because Elisabeth Elliot is a hero of mine. We plan to use the nickname Zibby along with Sylvie.

Choosing twin names can be tricky, but I’m happy with our girls names. Many people would avoid choosing the same first initial for twins, but I shared an initial with my sisters and I always considered it to be a positive connection. We didn’t know we were expecting twins until we had already chosen and announced Susannah’s first name. I went through my list of other top names and Sylvie was really the one that stuck out to me. Both girls for their names very well!

Such beautiful names! Congratulations on your babies!
    🌼 Bell 🌼
    Mommy to four and counting

Lily & Cora
    Hugo & Abel

It's a BOY!
    Wren Theodore |Wren Christopher | Wren Sebastian
    Otis Jasper | Otis Barnaby | Otis Lysander
    Theo Caspar | Theo Frederick | Theo Sebastian

A girl would have been: Jane Lavender

So gorgeous! Sylvie and Susannah are two of my favourite names, and I love the nicknames Zibby and Zuzu too — fun! Their full names are just lovely and full of meaning. Congratulations on your twins!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

I love their names and how intentional you were in choosing them. And their nicknames! Gorgeous! Congratulations
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

Congratulations! Sylvie and Susannah sound so precious together
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Danica + Sarina + Margarita "Marga" + Evander + Jude + Emiliano
    GP Crushes: Fantine + Despina + Keturah + Milas + Bertram + Rogelio

Congratulations! Your little girls have beautiful names. Sylvie Elisabeth and Susannah Sparrow sound great together. I adore the nicknames Zuzu and Zibby. My best wishes for you and your family!
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

Congratulations! Susannah Sparrow and Sylvie Elisabeth are gorgeous and I love the nature connection in Susannah's name.

Welcome to the world gorgeous girlies

Congratulations! What lovely names you chose for them
    FC 12/21/2017
    RO EDD 01/10/2020

Such beautiful names!! Great job! Congratulations!!
    Proud Mom
    Lucille Beatrice
    Lennon Wallace
    Truman James

Check out my blog at www.hiveof5.blogspot.com.

Very precious! Congrats!
    Little Miss's
    ♥ Sienna ♥ Everly ♥ Clara ♥
    ♥ Annalise ♥ Kinsley ♥ Aria ♥ Eleni ♥ Hollie ♥
    ♥ Elowen ♥ Charlotte ♥ Lydia ♥ Emerson ♥ Athena ♥

Little Mr's
    ♥ Ramsey ♥ Harrison ♥ Nolan ♥
    ♥ Lester ♥ Atlas ♥ Elwood ♥ Mason ♥ Miles ♥
    ♥ Reid ♥ Wilder ♥ Chester ♥ Finnegan ♥ Hudson♥