Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_darling View Post
    Alexander Philip Charles

I think Meghan and Harry will be drawn to the meaning of Alexander, and I don't believe the name is currently is use in the extended royal family. Philip and Charles for obvious reasons. Though it should be noted that Charles is also one of Harry's middle names and is the name of Diana's brother.

I'm secretly hoping they don't use Theodore, but I think there is a chance they'll choose it as a nod to Meghan's mother.
    How come you don't want them to use Theodore? I see that it's in your signature, so you must like it.

I think they might do Alexander, but it is one of Prince George's middle names, so I'm not sure.
    Alice Sybil, Violet Georgiana, Lydia Isobel,
    Eloise Marguerite, Jane Philippa
    Andrew Edmund, Charles Leopold, Thomas Laurence,
    George Wilfred, Edward Isidore

Quote Originally Posted by rosecoloredlady View Post
    How come you don't want them to use Theodore?.

I love the name Theodore. However, the royal family tend to set trends and Theodore is already popular and rising. Since there is a good chance I may use the name within the next year, I'd prefer that it not explode in use. It's a particular concern for me as my child will already be burdened with an exceedingly common surname.
    Expecting December 2019

Alexandra, Allegra, Blair, Grace, Isobel, Madeline, Rosamund

Elliott, Everett, Malachi, Nathaniel, Theodore

I'm really hoping for Alexander!
    | teenberry | 19 | slightly obsessed with names |

| elliott grey | holden rhys | bridger lucas | everett lane | soren alexander | griffin heath | seamus drew | macaulay todd |

| sage anneliese | arden mae | emryn violet | margot claire | ellison jane | victoria kate | lillian briar | june magnolia |

This is completely my opinion, but on regular ol' folks like you and I, I love names like Arthur, George, James, Edward. They seem traditional and classic of course. Fresh even, with all the kre8tive names going on now a days. On members of the BRF, they just sound....tired, dusty, old and lacking originality.

So I'm hoping they steer clear of the ultra traditional/royal names for a first name and find a happy medium between that and a "modern" baby name. They've done their fair share of "bucking" tradition and making it clear that they're doing things their way, in their own time. It would be incredible for them to solidify that with a name bridging the gap between the stuffy formality (if you will) of Harry's family and the laid back, California breeze of Meghan.

So, long story short: I know it's a popular pick, but this has been my guess since November! I'm sticking with Theodore. I'm sure Spencer, Charles, Philip and/or Dorian will make an appearance in the middle name slots.

(And just for shock value picks, I'd be ecstatic to see Gabriel, Winston, or Jameson!)

Edited to add: My OFFICIAL guess is Theodore Philip Spencer.
    Last edited by arial; May 7th, 2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added official guess :)

26. enfp. ravenclaw. USA.

blair | ivy | naomi | piper
    quinn | raven | shiloh | tatum | thea
    willa | wren | zara | zoe

+
    abram | barrett | brooks | ford
    griffin | heath | hugo | jameson | luca
    ronan | sage | shepherd | wilder

My guess is Spencer Dorian Henderson. Honors both Harry and Meghan’s mothers, while Henderson is for Harry since it means Henry’s son.
    Maggie - 21 - Florida
    Girls - Beatrix Carolyn, Cordelia Genevieve, Poet Meadow, Willow ___
    Boys - Bodhi Alden Pearce, Lennon Ridge, Hugo Alasdair Rhys
    ~Maia, Sunny, Alani, Lilith, Meraki, Lynlee, Hazel, Daisy, Devon~
    ~Art, Ezra, Dylan, Orion, Weston, Ian, Noah, Augustus, Ellis ~

So far, it seems that the most popular first names are Theodore and Alexander, and the most popular middle names are Spencer and Philip. I'm surprised at how much agreement there is.
    Alice Sybil, Violet Georgiana, Lydia Isobel,
    Eloise Marguerite, Jane Philippa
    Andrew Edmund, Charles Leopold, Thomas Laurence,
    George Wilfred, Edward Isidore

Mummy to Sebastian Henry Arlo (September 2017) & Jasper Hugo Frederick (April 2019)

Arlo - Arthur - Elijah - Ezra - Henry - Jasper - Sebastian - Theodore - William

Alice - Clara - Cordelia - Luna - Phoebe - Primrose - Thea

I wish something like Alexander Dorian Francis or Alexander Dorian Spencer, althought Dorian Alexander ____ is a lovely combo.
    ~ My reckless boys ~

Jack Amadeus Winter · Tom Archimedes Gale · Nico Balthazar Jude
    Gideon Barnaby Theo · David Tamerlane Birch · Caspar Endymion Leo
    Peter Alastair Lorcan · Amos Oriol Aspen · Hugo Archibald Rain
    Simon Ignatius Roan

My guess would be Theodore Spencer Charles, or Frederick Spencer Charles, though I’d love to see Spencer up front.
    Last edited by leafsgirl44; May 7th, 2019 at 07:07 AM.
    ღ haley - twenty-three - early childhood education student ღ
    tallulah - daisie - sophie - billie - florence
    elsie - chloe - harriet - amelie - louisa
    honey - nellie - millie - ffion - mollie
    pixie - lillie - evie - poppy - lucie
    more favourites.