Menu

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    @mrsyork: Welcome and congratulations!! The anxiety is so real with rainbow pregnancies but I do hope you are able to breathe and enjoy each little moment

@raptreverie: Thank you that's so exciting that baby is starting to make itself known! Lol. Maternity shopping sort of intimidates me, for some reason, so I'm not ready for it either! Also, don't feel bad for not having told a lot of people yet. Your reasons are completely valid and things just don't always work out the way we want them to. I'm sure everyone will be excited for you guys no matter what! Congratulations on your little one's birthday and on your anniversary!!

@vec1013: Awe, I love their reactions to finding out <3 that's absolutely the sweetest thing ever. What kind of screening are you talking about? Sorry, this is our first so I don't know what everything means. I go in tomorrow for my first official appointment, which the nurse said would largely be an examination, PAP, and so on. At my intake appointment, they did standard blood work and we ended up doing the genetic testing. We've had two miscarriages, so even though the test wasn't covered by insurance, we wanted to know if not only baby was at risk for anything like that but also if I am a carrier for something that could've contributed to our previous losses. We felt it was worth it. With your friends who are pursuing IVF, just be sensitive and allow them time to process the news.

With the Ramzi Method, I just looked it up. If I understand how they make their predictions correctly, then the Method would've been correct for me. We are having a boy (according to the genetic test) and he was hanging out in the lower right portion of my uterus, at the 8 week ultrasound. I guess that lines up with a boy, according to Ramzi.
    -------------------

No new updates here. First official OB appointment is tomorrow, so that's exciting, I guess. I'm dreading the ol' PAP. As far as symptoms, I have a lot of nausea and headaches, plus really bad backaches. Can't wait to see the little guy in a few more weeks!
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@namergirl3 - It really was the sweetest thing. They are both excited but my oldest is so so excited!! He keeps asking questions and wanting to know more. He knows that we will find out the gender right around Halloween. So he keeps asking how far away that is. I told him it was a few months away and he was so disappointed this morning. Or clinic offers the nuchal translucency screening. Which is an ultrasound and some blood work. I just checks for chromosomal abnormalities and disorders. I think we have decided that we aren't going to do it this time. It has to be done between 11 and 13 weeks. I think the only reason we chose to do it last time was to have another ultrasound. Ultimately it wouldn't change anything at all and quite honestly I don't have time to be dealing with calling insurance and making another appt and all that jazz. I am exhausted enough as it is. I can completely understand where you are coming from though on your end. Our babysitter's daughter is due in October and she had 3 miscarriages prior so she did all of the genetic testing to make sure all was well with this baby. I would totally have done that in your situation as well. Peace of mind is huge!! Yep so my two boys they were both hanging out in the upper right hand side at their ultrasounds. This baby is hanging out in the lower left. I am so eager to find out. Friends of ours are expecting their second due in December and they aren't finding out the gender. I can't imagine not knowing...I am such a planner I need to know ahead of time or else I would drive myself crazy
    Good luck at your first appt. It really isn't too bad. Just a PAP and check, listen to the heartbeat and allow you to ask any questions you may have and talk about other things that will be happening in the future. I am right there with you with the nausea and headaches plus I am sleeping like garbage and I am exhausted all the time!!

@vec1013: Awe, that's cute! Are you guys planning on revealing it any certain way? It'll be really interesting to see if Ramzi is right for you with this baby, since he or she is in a different place than your boys! And oh, okay! I haven't heard of that type of screening! I wonder if it is widely offered... anyhow, I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with that headache. Thank you for the tips on the appointment. It wasn't too bad at all!
    ----------------
    So yeah, the appointment was pretty quick and seemed to go well. The doctor said the exam went really well and the PAP took just a couple of minutes, thankfully! He did bring out that little machine to find the baby's heartbeat, which was a pleasant surprise! Baby Boy decided to be difficult and hide, so every moment it took to find him made my heart sink with worry. Still, we finally got to hear him and his heartbeat is at 150 bpm. All appears to be well we go back in 4 weeks for another checkup then will get to schedule the anatomy scan!
    Alyssa

@namergirl3 - With our first we did a gender reveal party, with our second we had the anatomy scan a few days before Christmas so we have the ultrasound tech wrap an outfit for the correct gender and we opened it on Christmas morning. I think this time we are going to have the ultrasound tech put the color glow stick for the gender either pink or blue in a paper bag. One for each of our boys. Then will have them crack them open in the bag and open them to reveal the gender. Then to reveal on facebook I am planning to carve a pumpkin for baby and put the lit up glow sticks inside and take a picture revealing the gender. Nothing crazy but I like finding out at the same time as our kids so I don't want to know in the room. I'm not sure if it is widely offered...things very so much from place to place. But I feel really good about not getting done or stressing about it.
    Glad your PAP was quick and easy and you got to hear your baby boy's heartbeat!! It really is one of the best sounds in the world!!

--------------------

So I got the report from my ultrasound a few weeks ago in my online account. But it appears that I have a small cm size corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary and a small amount of free fluid in the pelvic cul-de-sac. The tech didn't say anything about this at the ultrasound at all. She said everything looked good. After some research it sounds like the corpus luteum cyst is referred to as the pregnancy cyst and produces progesterone and normally goes away around 9 weeks. I don't believe I ever had one with either of my other pregnancies. The fluid I can't really find any info on it. Anyone else have anything like this? I am trying not to worry about it because the tech wasn't concerned at all and the info I found online made it sound normal but I am a little freaked out.

Congrats to all new mummies to be!

Mrsyork7 it's so fab when you start to feel movements. I really like Svea from your signature, we are struggling to find something that goes well with the others!

I'm 17+2 today. Headaches still a major issue, still think mostly from dehydration though I remember lots of headaches around 17 weeks in last pregnancies so that could be certain hormones dissipating now and after they dwindle to none so fingers crossed!

I am showing a fair bit as my stomach muscles are non existent these days plus bloating means I look more like 27 weeks than 17. Feeling a few movements too which is lovely though my midwife reassured me they don't expect a pattern of movement until 25 weeks.

I had an appointment this week and bloods have all come back normal levels for iron etc. Heard baby's heartbeat and given a measurement chart for later. I don't see her again u until 28 weeks! But perhaps it's reassuring that I'm considered lowish risk.
    I do have a 20 week scan and doctor appointment at the hospital though in 3 weeks and will have to go through the gtt test again at 26 weeks, even though it was ok last time and I didn't have it.

I am trying to restrain myself and not but much but it's hard with so many cute things around. I did order a new carseat though as our infant one is 10 years old and may not be as safe now. Excited to get that this week!
    Rebecca Maria

(Britberry) Mummy to
    * Alyssa * Francesca * Thea * Zander (Fox) *

Asher ~ Oz ~ Gabriel ~ Quinn ~ Zephan ~ Caspian ~ Kit
    Aria ~ Aurelia ~ Beatrix ~ Arianwen ~ Raia ~ Romona ~ Quinn

@vec1013: Ooh, I love your thoughts so far! The glowstick idea is really clever. With the cyst, I don't really have any experience with that (the tech did find a small fibroid somewhat near the baby but the doctor said things like that are common and not usually a cause for concern). Hopefully it goes away by your next ultrasound!

@beccalm: 17 weeks already?! Time flies! That's so exciting that you are feeling movements! It sounds like there are a lot of positives for you...that's so great <3

---------
    Finally reached the 2nd trimester this weekend! The little one is still keeping up with same symptoms but I'm hoping my doctor is right and they'll get better soon. Anyhow, not much else going on other than that. Something we've been talking about lately is a theme for the baby's room. We'll most likely paint it but that's as far as we've thought so far. We weren't going to "do" anything special for the room at all- I personally think themes can be a way to spend extra money- but everyone is asking us about it. I feel like we should do something, I guess. Nothing leaps out...and I kind of get stressed about it sometimes. Oh well. Certainly not a huge worry lol.
    Alyssa

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with all of you! I enjoy reading all of your updates.

@vec - I'd venture that it's not serious since no one talked to you about it. Sometimes doctors make notes like that for themselves to monitor, I've found. However, could you call the office to get some reassurance? I feel like that would be totally warranted and could put your mind at ease!

Things are going along here. Time is starting to feel like it's ticking a bit faster now! I had a lot of goals I wanted to accomplish before baby, but I'm making pretty much zero progress on most of them that they're feeling a whole lot more lofty now. I'm trying to keep pressure off of myself, but I also need to start getting a bit more disciplined!

My belly is definitely getting bigger and finding clothes that feel comfortable is becoming even more of a challenge. I was so glad when I remembered the rubber band trick for closing my pants, but it's still not the most comfortable thing. I'm very petite and showed on the earlier side even during my last pregnancy, when I was very fit. I am decidedly not fit right now, haha (I laugh with a bit of pain - I really wish I had more energy to exercise!!!), and I'm sure my ab muscles are all just looser in general from being pregnant once before. It's cute though, my 2-year old keeps saying, "mama's belly getting bigger, bigger, bigger!" He'll also sometimes notice it and say, "baby in mama's belly." I don't know how much he really gets, but he likes talking about it from time to time.

I have another appointment later this week but am not sure if we'll be getting an ultrasound or not.
    If we do, we'll likely find out the sex. I'm both excited but nervous. We found out last time at around 13 weeks, when the ultrasound tech told us that she was confident it was a boy during our nuchal scan. We had a very early nuchal scan this time around and all the doctor said was that she couldn't tell yet. I think because we found out so early last time, our family keeps asking what it will be, and this has been kind of annoying me. We didn't plan on telling anyone the sex last time, but it turned out that my husband and I are terrible at keeping those kinds of secrets. I don't mind telling this time around, but I know everyone wants us to have a girl and it just feels like a lot of pressure. I don't want to hear everyone's disappointment if it's a boy. This is probably also partially because I'd prefer a girl too. My husband is dead set on two babies only, so this is my last chance to have a daughter. I love having a son and would love to have another though, so I'd truly be excited either way - just differently. Oh, and I also think naming a girl would be a bit easier for us!
    Mama to I. M. (2017)
    Expecting #2 January 2020

Considering
    Eulalie • Chiara • Cornelia (Nell) • Cordelia • Clara • in search

Personal musings
    ♀ Eulalie Catherine • Ianthe Catalina • Cordelia Tulip • Beatrix Renata • Zinnia Solene • Cecily Morgana • Imogen Anaïs
    ♂ Casper Nathanael • Crispin Adair • Silvan Thomas • Euan Remy • Emeric Orson • Soren Alastair

I did message my doc about the notes on the ultrasound. He responded back that both are very normal findings and nothing to be concerned about. So that really eased my mind!!

@namergirl3- Yay for second trimester and hopefully your symptoms diminish soon. As far as baby's room, you don't have to do a theme if you don't want. Maybe just stick to a certain color scheme or something along those lines. We did a "jungle" theme for both of our boys. But it isn't overbearing and in your face. We have tans, browns and sage greens. Some stuffed animals and jungle animal sheets and a couple pictures on the walls but it is really simple. Plus they grow out of themes so quickly that I would invest too much into it. My two year old is still in the jungle room and is sleeping in a fire truck toddler bed so nothing is coordinated. After Christmas he will move in to his brother's room as there is a bunk bed in there. They will share that room (it is fire truck themed but again very simply). Then baby will have the jungle room.

@raptreverie- Your 2 year old sounds just like mine. He is always talking about mommy's baby. And touching my belly. I know where you are coming from with gender disappointment. With our second, everyone kept saying I hope it is a girl. And when we found out it was a boy I was a little disappointed at first because I thought maybe I would never have a daughter. But honestly I love having two boys. I can't imagine it any other way now. They are the best of friends they share everything. They have similar interests and play so well together. I absolutely love the bond that they have and it is something I always wish I had growing up. I have one brother that is nearly 5 years younger than me. I really do hope that you get the gender that you want. And just know if it is another boy that it is ok to feel sad for a little bit and mourn the daughter you may never have if you decide you aren't having any more kids. But just know from a mom of two boys it is seriously the best and the way you are feeling leading up to finding out the gender is completely normal. I get comments all the time about this baby. "Oh I hope you have a girl this time." "Did you do it right so it is a girl" "I hope you don't have another boy" and honestly yes would I love a girl...I would but I would also love a boy. I know boys and I am completely ok with just being a boy mom. And one thing is for sure....boys will always love their mamas!!

Hi all! It's been a while since I popped in so figured I'd say hi and check in I'm happy to see so many more people expecting - congratulations!!

Everything is good on our front, we're 19 weeks today and most symptoms (other than fatigue) have left which is a nice change of pace. We just had our anatomy scan and all appears well which was a relief - we also got to confirm gender and are expecting a little girl!
    Expecting our little girl January 2020 👶

Ramona Winter
    Luella Pearl ♥ Colette Ruth ♥ Eliza Florence ♥ Maeve [?]

Considering ...

Lucy ♥ Camilla ♥ Stella ♥ Ruby ♥ Ivy

@raptreverie: Glad to hear things are going pretty well for you! I hear ya on not feeling so productive but we're growing little humans, so it's okay to an extent. Fingers crossed your appointment goes well and that baby looks healthy! No matter what happens with the sex of the baby, he or she sure seems to have a lot of love coming its way I think it is pretty normal to have gender disappointment.

@vec1013: That is such awesome news!! Glad it is nothing to worry about! Thank you! We still aren't sure what we will do with the baby's room but we definitely feel less stressed about it now.

@ashrowla01: Hello! Wow, nearly half done already! Congratulations on your little girl!

Not a whole lot going on in this thread, which is kind of a good thing, in a way. I hope everyone continues to go well. Things are a bit of a struggle over here at this point. I've dealt with anxiety and depression nearly my whole life but it has gotten especially bad lately (the anxiety, not really the depression). Other than my doctor's appointment earlier this month, I haven't left the house. I either lose sleep or sleep all the time. I spend all night looking out windows, afraid of the shadows in the dark. I feel really alone. I'm definitely going to bring this up to my doctor at my next appointment. I just didn't expect this but I've talked to other women who said their anxiety got worse during pregnancy...who knew...
    Alyssa