Menu

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    I've been away for some months because I both got married and moved and that's not an easy feat with a toddler and in a city that I'm still a foreigner in. I am now officially 5 months along in this pregnancy and we've decided to keep baby's sex a surprise, which is making me anxious when it comes to naming. I had so much trouble already naming my daughter and her name turned out so perfect and meaningful that it puts a certain pressure to naming the second. And then there's the fact that I named Eliza all by myself because her dad wasn't in the picture, but this baby's dad is most certainly in the picture and he's very, very opinionated.

I'm officially showing and am adoring the amount of movements and little kicks I've been feeling. Right now I'm full of energy and have been eating and sleeping well, exercising in the mornings even. I hope it stays that way all through the dreary Irish winter!
    ☂️ Lizzy | 24 | Bookworm | Eliza Hero's Mommy ☂️

For Lilo's brother or sister...

Rose Hermione | Emily Marigold | Poppy Emilia | Emilia Luna
    Henry Felix | Emmett Jasper | Emmett Leo | Orion James

@marisarose: Ouch, that sounds horrible! I hope that pain goes away soon! Glad to hear the little one is unharmed!

@lemondrops: Congratulations on your marriage and all of these other life changes <3 I'm sure you guys will find a name just as perfect as Eliza's...there's still time

------------------------
    Not much of an update over here. I'm at bit over 24 weeks now and the baby has been doing okay. I can't wait to feel actual strong movements because I spend a lot of time second-guessing if I feel him or not. Still, I feel a lot better lately, except for extreme back pain/tailbone pain. It gets somewhat debilitating most days... at least I have a doctor's appointment next week.
    Last edited by namergirl3; October 22nd, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Had our anatomy scan yesterday. Baby is growing right on track and healthy as can be. Moving all around and making it difficult for them to get good shots of the heart. Eventually when the doctor came in baby flipped over and they got the shots of the heart that were needed. We didn't want to find out the gender in the room but at home with our boys. We had them put two cans of silly string (blue or pink) into a gift bag for us to spray when my husband got home from work yesterday. I had the day off and the anticipation about did me in. Well it turns out we are having a little girl. I am still in shock and don't quite believe it is true. I cried and about fell over when the boys sprayed the silly string. We did a jack-o-lantern smoke bomb later last night for my in-laws and for our facebook reveal. It doesn't really seem real right now and I almost don't believe it but I do have picture evidence proving that baby is in fact a girl. Now we just have to pick a name....anyone want to chime in with name help? Big brothers are Finnian Christopher and Declan Floyd. Middle name for little girl will be Erin (my middle name).

@vec1013: Yay, congratulations on your little girl!! For names, do you still have some you are considering or have you just scrapped them? I still think Scarlett is pretty! You have a bit of an Irish thing going on there so I think names like Delaney or Molly would be fitting, as well!

-----------
    We had our 25 week appointment this week. The doctor measured my abdomen and listened to the baby's heartbeat. He said all still looks and sounds great. I have to have labs done a few weeks, including the sugar test, so there's that. Still feeling good although baby's movements aren't feeling so great sometimes! DH is still desperately trying to feel them...I feel bad he can't yet!
    Alyssa

@namergirl3- We have a few we like but none of them seem to fit or seem right. Scarlett is the only one we actually have some sort of feeling like it is right. We do have an Irish thing going...not entirely on purpose just loved the names. If this baby would have been a boy his name would have been Everett Michael so no Irish name this time. She is getting an Irish middle so at least part of it will match the boys. We know too many Delaney's and Molly was the name of my husband's childhood dog. So that would be a little weird!! I am going with the mind set that she is a Scarlett nn Lettie or Letty and trying it out to see if it is fitting.

Glad all is going well with your pregnancy. I never found the glucose test all that bad. I'm sorry your husband hasnt been able to feel baby yet. I know with my first it was so late in the game before he could feel my son. It was like as soon as my husband would put his hand on my belly he would stop moving. That time will come soon and your husband will be so excited!!

@mariarose - That sounds so scary - I hope you're feeling better and am so glad that baby is fine!

@lemondrops - Congratulations on your marriage and move! It sounds like you have a very nice routine going on - it sounds wonderful!

@vec - Congrats on your girl! Names are also doing us in too...thought having a girl would make it easier, but no - it is way harder! I love the nn Lettie, by the way

@namegirl - Glad things are good with baby. Do I remember you saying you have an anterior placenta? That could explain why it's harder for your husband to feel kicks. I found out recently that my placenta is on my front right side this time, and kicks in that area definitely feel dulled (not on my left though, oof, haha!).

Things have been busy for me. Our big trip back to the US didn't go quite as planned. We were then affected by the fires in CA - our families didn't have continuous power and my MIL was even temporarily evacuated. Since most of our stuff was at my MIL's house, we didn't have time to sort through everything and ended up forgetting a lot of stuff there that we'll now have to buy duplicates of We also weren't able to do much shopping with the power outages, so a lot of the preparation I was hoping to do while there didn't get done. Everyone is ok though, and that's the most important thing of course.

We're still recovering from the 9 hour time change. The 2-year old is struggling a bit, but I think he's actually having more trouble readjusting to a routine than the time change. He had soooo much fun with his grandparents and aunts/uncles despite all the chaos.

In other news, I finally switched doctors and am so, so happy I did! My old doctor did not keep good medical records, so the new one ended up doing a new ultrasound so that she could have at least some data on me. Baby's face was squished up against her placenta, so we couldn't get a good view of what she looks like. However, everything was measuring well, and I got the strongest confirmation yet that she is in fact an anatomical she! I'm going back in next week for my glucose test, which will be done a bit late. It sounds like the doctor will have me doing the full tolerance test instead of just the screening, so I'm not really looking forward to it.

How is everyone feeling? I'm close to 29 weeks now and am beginning to feel the uncomfortableness of the third trimester sink in far stronger than last time. I haven't had the energy to take care of myself as well, so I'm sure that has lots to do with it. Stressing over names sure isn't helping either!!!
    Mama to I. M. (2017)
    Expecting #2 (a girl!) January 2020

still in naming search

♂ backup: Caspar Nathanael

Personal musings: Eulalie Catherine • Ianthe Catalina • Cordelia Tulip • Beatrix Renata • Zinnia Solene • Cecily Morgana • Imogen Anaïs

@vec1013: Oh, gotcha! Sorry about that. Lettie is an adorable nn, by the way! And yeah, this baby does the same when DH puts his hand on my stomach! lol

@raptreverie: Yes, I do have an anterior placenta! The doctor did mention that it could make feeling him from the outside difficult but I guess I thought it would change as things got further along.
    Oh man, I heard about those fires! Those have to be so terrifying and destructive... I'm glad you guys are okay!! A few days have passed since your comment, so hopefully you guys have been adjusting to being back home alright. Good for you for switching doctors! Sounds like this one is more thorough than the last one. It does suck that you have to do the full tolerance test :/ fingers crossed that you pass!

We're doing okay over here! I'm 27 weeks now and am feeling pretty good! I'm still having aches and pains but my doctor gave me the ok to use a heating pad (not super hot though) on my back for brief periods of time, so that helps.
    I am starting to get nervous about baby's arrival again. Our local weatherman released his predictions for winter, in our area, and said that we can expect lots of snow and extreme cold right around when the baby is due. I know it is just a prediction but still... we thankfully live close to the hospital but I do worry. I also now feel bad that we got a convertible carseat and not one of those infant seats, where he could be bundled and covered *facepalm*
    Alyssa