Menu

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    @medfordkung: Hey!! Welcome back! I'd been wondering how you were doing! Can't believe your little one is already so big! I definitely wish you all the best with an adoption or with TTC!

@kbee: Thank you!! It can be so hard to settle on names, for sure!

@meyera: I'm so, so sorry </3 my heart is breaking for you guys. Praying for comfort and healing. Take care of yourself <3

@lemondrops: Welcome! Yikes, that nausea sounds terrible I hope it clears up for you very soon!

Small update here: I had my OB intake appointment today. It went pretty well. They did a urine sample, then a medical history session. They took their normal blood work plus a couple of vials for the genetic testing. We should get baby's results back in about 7 days and mine in 14, though they won't call me about mine unless I turn out to be a carrier for something.

They also adjusted my due date to February 10th, which is just 2 days behind what my app was saying, so that seems accurate. I was hoping to get to see the baby but the nurse told me they'll only do another at 18 weeks (the anatomy scan). It's hard not to wonder if all is alright with the baby or not... but we'll cross each bridge when we come to it. Anyhow, I will see the doctor for the first time when I'm 13 weeks.
    Last edited by namergirl3; July 18th, 2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Hello everyone, not been around for a few weeks as it's been a tough time but I'm feeling a little better now.

@meyara so sorry for your loss, take care and be gentle on yourself

@yuma congratulations on your news, another boy will be fab

I'm now 14+3 and feeling a bit better. After being so concerned early on about my lack of nausea it hit hard from 6/7 weeks, though a dip at 9 weeks had me booking a reassurance scan privately and all looked ok. Had our dating scan 2 weeks ago and official due date is 17th Jan which is pretty accurate timing wise.
    We have declined genetic testing for several reasons but some things can be picked up at our 20 week scan if there was something and I've always felt it's not infallible. Our second daughter has mosaic ds and is fab. Funnily enough she was not diagnosed until she was almost 6 after various different tests so I wonder if anything prenatally would have seen it. I am older now (37 as opposed to 27 when pg with her) so it may be more likely but I'm not too worried about ds, in many ways it's not the worst condition but the best.

I'm really excited to be pregnant at the same time as my sil, she is due 3/4 days after me.

Also pleased that dh is discussing names a little bit, he's often refused to talk about it until much later. We are liking Oz for a boy and Beatrix for a girl though it breaks the pattern a bit haha!
    Rebecca Maria

(Britberry) Mummy to
    * Alyssa * Francesca * Thea * Zander (Fox) *

Asher ~ Oz ~ Gabriel ~ Quinn ~ Zephan ~ Caspian ~ Kit
    Aria ~ Aurelia ~ Beatrix ~ Arianwen ~ Raia ~ Romona ~ Quinn

Oh currently getting a lot of headaches but it's likely dehydration as I struggle to drink enough. Nausea has abated but still around some days, low blood pressure as usual so I get dizzy quite a lot and have to sit/lie down otherwise bleurgh

The kids all know now and are so excited especially Fox who is 4, he can't wait it's so cute!
    Rebecca Maria

(Britberry) Mummy to
    * Alyssa * Francesca * Thea * Zander (Fox) *

Asher ~ Oz ~ Gabriel ~ Quinn ~ Zephan ~ Caspian ~ Kit
    Aria ~ Aurelia ~ Beatrix ~ Arianwen ~ Raia ~ Romona ~ Quinn

Hey Ladies, it's been years since i've been on NB, but i'm happy to be back, and finally able to join a "Babies Due" forum. According to my app I am 4weeks 4days today, and EDD is March 28th. My first appointment isn't until August 21st though. How is everyone getting appointments so early?! I was working with my OB and got pregnant on my 2nd round of Clomid (1st round at a dose of 100).

I'm happy this forum is here, reading through everyone's posts, I never realized cramping was a "symptom" and have been experiencing this for the past week. When I asked the nurse about it she seemed dismissive and just said to take Tylenol extra strength as needed. The pain hasnt come to that, but it is unnerving. The only other "symptom" is a lack of appetite, but i'm plus size so this maybe a perk for me.

I can't wait to get to know you ladies better, and to track our progress together (although I seem to be due later than everyone else, another perk I suppose, I get to learn what to expect and what questions to go to my doctor with )
    Married, TwentyNine, Baby #1 Due March2020

Deschanel • Charlotte • Octavia • Cordelia
    Michael • Devereaux • Augustus • Thorin

@beccalm: Glad you are feeling better overall! Those symptoms sound rough! That's also really exciting to have a SIL to go through this with...close in age cousins are fun to have, too! I really love the names you are considering and don't think Beatrix is too unexpected with the others

@patriciatm: Welcome and congratulations!! Lol, my appointment feels like it will be so late! I had an ultrasound at around 8 weeks, because of irregular cycles and my bloodwork being slightly off. First OB appointment turned out to just be an intake one and my first actual baby appointment will be August 6th, when I'll be 13 or so weeks. It makes time drag, for sure! On the cramping note, I had previously heard of implantation cramping but didn't know that cramps could be a sign/symptom until I had it and got a positive test! It can be unnerving but knowing that it isn't exactly uncommon is a bit of comfort, at least.

Sooooooo....we got the baby's results back today! They found over 8% of fetal fraction (DNA?) which is apparently pretty good. Low risk on all that they tested for, which is a relief because some of those conditions broke my heart to read about! And....it looks like we are having a little BOY!! I don't think I'll quite believe it until the anatomy scan or until he is born but we are so thrilled to be having a son! We would've been grateful for either but both of us were secretly hoping for a boy.

Now we get to tell family, then eventually post to social media (which thankfully contains more extended family and friends we don't get to see a lot, so they'll get to know too). It's a bit stressful because we don't want to deal with the nosiness and expectations of relatives, but are excited to share our joy with the rest of the lot.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Update : I'm currently exactly 8 weeks pregnant and morning sicknesses are very much there! I'm not getting much sleep at all right now, even though I'm always tired... Also, since all I do is throw up, I've actually lost weight since I got pregnant. I just hope things go back to normal soon. My first ultrasound is in 2 days and I'm really excited!

@namergirl3 : OMG yay! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for baby boy to be born

Hey all! I have been checking in periodically in the hopes that I would be joining this group and it happened! I got my BFP a week ago, but it has been very faint so I have been waiting and testing every few days. Today the line was strong enough to give me confidence! Based on my LMP my due date would be March 22nd, but I have had irregular and long cycles since getting it back postpartum, so based on predicted ovulation I believe my due date will be more like March 30 or 31st. So I am definitely bringing up the rear in this group!!

I have a 10-month old son named Enzi and am both very excited and very nervous about this pregnancy/baby. We planned to try for just my June/July cycle and then to wait if it didn't happen due to my work schedule and the rainy season here and its effect on where we live. I really didn't expect it to happen and now I am super excited but also worried that we are crazy to have another one so soon and also worried about how it will affect my little man (worried about breastfeeding and also bonding/milestones/logistics with two so small). I am sure it will all work out and be great, but I think I started thinking about that before testing to help me feel better if it was a negative and now its making me doubt our decision now that it was positive!

So far I have had a definite increase in appetite, I feel like I am constantly hungry! A bit of nausea, I had a great/easy first pregnancy with virtually no morning sickness so hoping for something similar this time, but already feeling like I have more symptoms than I did at this point last time. My little man has also been super clingy and snuggly for the past two weeks, it is crazy how it seems like babies and pets seem to know before we do!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies over the next 9 months! I hope everyone is doing well!

Mama to Enzi... Sept 2018

OUR TOP CHOICES:
    James, Leona

Alyssa,
    Yay for getting good test results! And, how exciting to have a little boy!!
    Aussie Redhead - 26yrs
    Wifey to my Sunshine - 17.2.17
    TTC 2020/2021

.girls.
    Persephone Anouk Wren | Mercedes Aliyah Rose
    Kalliope Haven Grace | Saoirse Arwen Snow
    Endelyon Aurora Niamh | Xanthippe Raven Willow
    Apolline Violetta Rain

.boys.
    Othello Bentley Fox | Atlas Orion Boyd | Vincent Aurel Lark
    ...musing over Bowen, Oberon, Roman, Felix, Areion, Horatio...

.either.
    Peregrine Evander Quill | Peregrine Opal Jane

@Alyssa Congratulations on good results and a baby boy! I often read the other forums to see how people are doing but I've been following yours especially hoping there would be no issues. I hope that's not weird but I'm sure there are many others here rooting for you doing the same thing! We have some estranged family members (now, fewer when we had our first baby) and some of them just had no filter and were so critical: when's the wedding? You're naming him Finn? Where did you find THAT? It really upset and confused me when they didn't react the way I expected them to. So I would just be mindful of your expectations and remember who the difficult relatives are and that it has nothing to do with you and your baby. Basically consider the source of the comments. I wish I had have done this, I really let certain people get to me, and it took a lot of the fun out of telling people and enjoying my pregnancy overall. Since then I have learned my lesson! Your comments about your family always make me think of my own, so I just wanted to say that. Also, I love his name. I've never heard of Elim before and I love the flow with Nathaniel James.

@mamaenzi My first two are 18 months apart. It's not easy at first, going from one child to two was harder actually than going from two to three imo, but it all comes down to juggling and multitasking. You just need to find your rhythm and you'll figure it all out. It can be overwhelming but you just do your best to give each what they need. Sometimes one has to wait while you deal with the other, that's okay! Sometimes you put the older one in the playpen or highchair with a toy and you do what you need to do. Include them as much as possible with the baby, around 2/2.5 they become so much more independent and want to help, so involve them as your special helper. It's hard but you are (hopefully) giving them a friend for life as they'll grow up so close in age. Even when it's crazy here, I try to remember that the long term is pretty great. And if you're nervous or have doubts or reservations--that's okay. That's allowed! You're adding to your family and don't want your older child to miss out on anything because of the baby, but hopefully they'll love each other so much that it will be more of a benefit than anything. We're hoping to have one more close in age with our newest for the same reason. So it can be done, you can handle it, there's a learning curve sure, but you'll figure that all out and make it work for you and your family. Best of luck to you!
    Finn, Leo, and Kate <3

Elena Elizaveta Morgana | Mason Bartholomew Declan | Ara Elizaveta Morgana | Calder Bartholomew Declan

Mila | Kaia | Ariana | Isla | Anya | Lydia | Stella | Arabella | Fia | Olivia | Belle | Genevieve | Clara | Aurora | Guinevere | Violet

Oliver | Caspian | James | Theo | Callum | Dimitri | Victor | Hugo | Lincoln | William | Balthazar