Menu

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    @babynamesfactory: Awe, congratulations!!

@oh my darling: Congratulations!! Sounds like a great time for you guys to add another then btw, your children are all beautifully named!
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Hello all, congratulations to everyone here!

I'm shocked and elated to say that I'm here to join your ranks, at least so far. I took a positive pregnancy test yesterday and expect that I'm due around the end of January. My cycles are highly irregular, so it's difficult for me to say for sure, but I'm guessing I'm around 7 or 8 weeks along.

I already have one baby, Ivo, who will be two at the end of July. I had a really difficult time conceiving the first time - it took us two years, multiple rounds of fertility drugs, and a miscarriage (I have PCOS). So, I was absolutely stunned when I realized I might be pregnant without having been trying to conceive. I'm a planner to a fault, so right now I'm mostly stressed about having not been taking care of myself the way I would have liked and for not being aware for so long. I'm really looking forward to my doctor's appointment next week so that I can hear that everything is ok (I hope)! I had two ultrasounds by this point last pregnancy and had been taking so many vitamins, using special skincare, etc., so this is a very different experience. We also moved to a new country earlier this year, so I'll need to refresh myself on how they do things here and figure out where to go to get everything I'll need.

My husband is currently traveling, so I had to deliver the news via video chat - there was no way I could keep it to myself! We have a 6 hour time difference, and waiting for him to awake excruciating! Anyway, he was very excited, and that made me feel so, so good. We had originally talked about starting to TTC around May or June of this year, but things have been super complicated and stressful (see: international move), and we had decided to put it off. Life disagreed, I suppose!

I was so worried we would have trouble conceiving #2, and it all seems so silly now. I'm still in such (happy) shock. We knew this could happen but just so wholeheartedly didn't believe that it would.

Ok, sorry for such a long post
    Mama to I. M. (2017)
    Expecting #2 (a girl!) January 2020

still in naming search

♂ backup: Caspar Nathanael

Personal musings: Eulalie Catherine • Ianthe Catalina • Cordelia Tulip • Beatrix Renata • Zinnia Solene • Cecily Morgana • Imogen Anaïs

Congrats and welcome to @babynamefactory and @ohmydarling! @ohmydarling, I love your kids' names! We have Zelda on our list this time but I don't know if we're daring enough to use it

Booked my first midwife appointment for July 23 (I'll be 11 weeks), and I feel like it is going to be a nerve wracking wait! But each day I feel more and more awful, which feels like a good sign lol. I was a little disappointed because my last midwife team was amazing, but now one has retired and the other has moved closer to her family, so it will be all new faces. I'm sure it will be great, but Beatrix's birth was so perfect; I really had my heart set on the same team!

Well, I hope everyone continues to feel healthy and strong!
    Proud Mama to Brynn Elizabeth (3/2014)
    and Beatrix Dawn (10/2018). Searching for the perfect name for our 3rd and final child (2/2020).

Let the narrowing down begin...

·Sabrina·Cecelia·Daphne·Phoebe·Thora·Matilda ·Clara·Sybil·Sylvia·Agatha·Josephine· Astrid· Iris·Jane·Alice·Wendy·Miriam· Caroline·Zelda·

·Calvin·Jude·August·Miles·Gideon·Frederick· Nathaniel·Gabriel·Simon·Arthur· Rupert/Robert·Elliot·Beckett·Charles·Edmund· Malcolm·Harrison·Wesley·

@oh my darling congrats and welcome! I love your kids’ names! Zelda is an option for us and our daughter is Louisa who I often call Louie

@raptreverie congrats on baby #2! What a great surprise!

@primbutcher I have an appointment with my ob that day, too. Solidarity! I hope you like your new midwife team!

Still not really having any symptoms, sometimes I’ll get nausea after I eat but I just burp a few times and it goes away (haha tmi? Sorry). Other than that nothing here, I’m not even that tired yet. Hope you all are feeling well and enjoying pregnancy so far!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

@babynamesfactory, @oh my darling, @raptreverie- welcome & congratulations to all!

So, this is kind of a vent. I have been stressing out since my midwife appt Monday. I was supposed to be 9 + 6 but the midwife (who was not the one I usually see, I'm seeing same midwife as last pregnancy) said I am measuring at 8 + 2. Everything else was perfect, blood work, heart rate etc. She said not to worry but then changed my due date by ELEVEN days...which I know for sure isnt right, and I know my normal midwife wouldn't have done that considering my lmp AND previous ultrasound. The midwife I saw on Monday said not to worry and that even if I'm measuring behind where I should be that at this point they wouldn't consider it growth restriction. But I can't help but worry that this baby isn't growing properly. I have an appointment on the 28th with my regular midwife where they will do another scan and genetic testing (the person who scheduled our genetic testing made a mistake, I would have had to be 10w+ and was a day short of 10w come appt time). Has anyone here ever had a baby measure behind, and how did it go? I have read that they usually catch up in within a couple of weeks. I hope that's truein my case! Cross your fingers for me :-?

e&a
    FC 12/21/2017
    RO EDD 01/10/2020

Innes Pine. Emil Shepherd. Ivo Maximilien.

@raptreverie: Awe, what a sweet surprise! We conceived completely naturally, after TTC nearly 3.5 years, so I know what you mean when you say it was such a shock!

@primbutcher: I hope your new delivery team is just as good as your last one!

@meyera4: Funny that you say that (lack of symptoms) because I've been nervously experiencing the same thing! lol. You hear all these stories of horrid morning sickness or dizziness, but I had a bit of nausea last week and nothing at all this week! I guess it is better than being violently ill *shrugs*

@yuma: I don't have any experience with that, but I do hope they get that sorted out for you! I've heard so much is just an estimate, but that does seem like a big difference. Fingers crossed for you!!

Well, I'm around 5wks5days and feeling alright. The progesterone supplements are going fairly well, I suppose. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled with this development (out of the progesterone types, they gave me ones to insert vaginally...bleh) but we want to do all we can to make sure the baby sticks around. I'm really hoping that my progesterone levels rise enough by my next blood test so that we can schedule an ultrasound. My doctor does them around 8 weeks but I haven't been able to get on the schedule because they are waiting to see what the little Bean decides to do.
    Alyssa

Quote Originally Posted by namergirl3 View Post
    Well, I'm around 5wks5days and feeling alright. The progesterone supplements are going fairly well, I suppose. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled with this development (out of the progesterone types, they gave me ones to insert vaginally...bleh) but we want to do all we can to make sure the baby sticks around. I'm really hoping that my progesterone levels rise enough by my next blood test so that we can schedule an ultrasound. My doctor does them around 8 weeks but I haven't been able to get on the schedule because they are waiting to see what the little Bean decides to do.
    Thinking of you, girl. Hopefully the little peanut is a strong one! Every day is a day stronger and better!!
    Now posting as @thelittlefairywren!
    ...felt the need for a fresh user...

@namergirl3 I sympathize with you...I am on progesterone vaginal inserts too (after 7 weeks of prog. injections in the rear - oy!)...not fun!

@yuma, I don’t have any experience with babies measuring small, but I do think a lot of it is just estimates. Stay positive!

No updates here, hope you all are doing well!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

@mummacat: Thank you so much for the support <3

No real updates here either. I've been feeling a few twinges of nausea but that's it, really. Also, I know it is super early still, but has anyone started the more-serious name talk? I've been making lists for years but naming an actual baby is so different! We think we will stick with Elim or Isla but are rethinking middle names and are so stuck. Out of our whole TTC journey, I thought the naming part would be the easiest! lol
    Alyssa