Menu

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    @namergirl3- I am so sorry that you are struggling right now. I have never personally struggled with this but I do know that quite a few people do and pregnancy can make them worse. Especially if you were taking medication prior to becoming pregnant. Please talk to your doctor about this. When is your next appt? If it isn't for awhile I would make a call and maybe get seen earlier to get this addressed. I think there are some medications that are safe during pregnancy or they might be able to offer some advice as to what to do to lessen symptoms. Do you have a good support system? It is so important to talk about how you are feeling. Please take care of yourself and don't be afraid to reach out when you are feeling extra anxious.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. At one point it feels like it has been way longer but another can't believe that I am already 10 weeks. I am eager for my next appt which isn't until Sept 4th. But after that appt and if all is well we are planning to announce. I ready to have it announced and in the open because it is getting harder to hide my belly. Seeing as this is my third pregnancy I am showing already. Plus I hate keeping secrets. We have told our families and a few close friends we have a couple other people to tell yet and then the rest will find out with the social media announcement. I also need to tell my boss which I am kind of dreading. I know it will be fine but I always get so worked up before having to announce to my work. My husband says why don't we just announce already...but honestly I want to hear that heartbeat again. I haven't heard it in about a month and I need to hear it again to feel comfortable announcing.

@Alyssa I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I have Bipolar Disorder and some medications are safe to take during pregnancy. With my first, I went off the medication prior to becoming pregnant and stayed off it until halfway through my second pregnancy when my OB actually recommended I take something. With my third baby, even on medication, I really struggled. So much of anxiety and depression is chemical and your hormones really mess with that. Plus you feel you should be happy and excited but feeling down or agitated doesn't mean you aren't. And in your situation, with money and your job, things have been extra stressful on top of everything else. You worry about being a good mother, you worry about how your life will change, you worry. It can be a very lonely place. Please know that you aren't alone with this and if you can reach out to your husband or friends, support is always good. Let your doctor know as soon as possible. Or you can always send me a PM should you want to talk anonymously. It's something to get started on as soon as you can though, because post-partum has always been what I dealt with in pregnancy amped up a bit for those first few weeks. Lack of sleep, hormones, a screaming baby just magnify everything you're already feeling. So see what your doctor says regarding medication or therapy or whatever route you choose sooner rather than later. But know you are definitely not alone and especially if there is a history there, it tends to come up during pregnancy. Best wishes.
    Finn, Leo, and Kate <3

Declan Bartholomew Mason | Elara Morgana Elizaveta | Calder Bartholomew Mason

Mila | Kaia | Ariana | Isla | Anya | Lydia | Stella | Arabella | Fia | Belle | Genevieve | Clara | Aurora | Guinevere | Violet | Elaina

Oliver | Caspian | James | Theo | Callum | Dimitri | Victor | Hugo | Lincoln | William | Balthazar

@namergirl3
    I am so sorry your Anxiety is getting the best of you, I completely understand. I have struggled with anxiety and depression my whole life, I actually had a panic attack on the 12th (convinced myself I was having a miscarriage, luckily my midwife let me come into the clinic and get an ultrasound without an appointment, really helped, everything was perfectly fine.) It has gotten worse for me as well but I have found a couple of things that have helped ease the symptoms, 1. Prenatal Yoga, I am not usually a yoga fan but it is very calming. 2. Walking in nature and/or gardening (With gloves) my social anxiety is through the roof but just sitting alone in a patch of grass or under a tree or at the beach really helps me out. I really hope your doctor can help you figure out what you can do, not sure if your hospital or clinic does this but sometimes they are willing to take calls and work with you about issues before appointments, mental health is really important and they are usually there for you.

Congratulations to the new moms of the group!

I probably won't be on here that much since even this bit of minimal social interaction has been ramping up my anxiety, but I just wanted to update and check in on how you guys are doing.

I am almost in week 13 now, we did a panorama test and our little one is a low risk on everything which is very comforting. We found out we are having a little boy ^__^! We have decided to keep it a secret from the family until he is born but I had the go-ahead to at least use nameberry as an outlet since it is killing me not telling my mom.

Other than mental issues (especially feeling useless and guilty since I quit my job) I have been doing really good symptom-wise, although I do have to say this boy has me eating more cheeseburgers in a week than I usually do in a month!

Hope you all are doing good.

Kassandra Renae
    +
    Philip Thomas

=
    First baby due February 2020

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Names I love but cannot use -

| Felix | Liam | Reuben | Arlo | Desmond | Ender |
    | Ambrose | Jasper | Mason | Stanley | Oliver |

| Amelia | Willow | Matilda | Rosemary | Melody |
    | Persephone | Emmalina | Athena | Evelyn |

@vec1013: Thank you. My appointment is a little over a week away, I believe, so I can stick it out a bit longer. I definitely don't want to brush it under the rug or let it slide, so it will be addressed for sure. I don't have the greatest support system, at all, unfortunately :/
    That's so exciting you guys are starting to tell people. I hope it goes well when you talk to your boss!

@lilimorgana: Thank you! It's been a very long time since I've been on medication for the depression (never was properly treated for anxiety, though maybe they were hoping for a two birds one stone thing) but I'm not opposed to it. I do think it is all of the changes and the realization that I can't control anything happening, as bad as that sounds, that is causing this to rear its head. Definitely going to bring it up to the doctor.

@kassieb11: Thank you and those are great suggestions/ways of coping. I'm so glad all is looking well for you guys...congratulations on the baby boy!!

--------
    It's been a few days since I last commented on here and just wanted to give a small update. I'm feeling a lot better, in terms of anxiety, and feel more and more like I can breathe again. I even made it out of the house the other day, which was the first time in a long time, and DH and I have plans for the weekend. It really helped to change the scenery and to get to discuss this further with my husband. I'm hoping things continue to get better, especially once I get to talk to a professional about things.
    Baby-wise: still dealing with sickness and food aversions, but it is slowly getting better. Baby Boy is definitely growing...my stomach sticks out pretty noticeably these days. This is going by really fast!
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@beccalm Thank you! Congrats to you as well! We are now at 16+4 and I have started feeling movements. They are minimal still but it is so nice to feel. With my son, Boaz, I think I started feeling him around 17 weeks. It's hard to remember exactly, haha!
    I love Svea too! My husband isn't quite as in love with it as I am. We have narrowed it down, but we're waiting till the anatomy scan when we find out the gender to talk about it too much.

I love reading everybody's updates!

Mama to Boaz
    Future Dream Babies
    Wolfgang Arthur . Elowen Sybil . Aoife Odette . Amelie Imogen . Wilhelmina Maeve . Viggo Edmund . Liesel Morwenna . Leif Peregrine . Svea Agnes