Menu

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    @raptreverie: Congratulations on your little girl! I think you're far along enough to where a guess should be pretty accurate, right? It's understandable, what you're feeling about the news of the sex and what it spells for how your family could/might look. I do hope you are able to find time to breathe and enjoy these next few months. Maybe planning something like family-style maternity pictures or the baby's room could lend some excitement? As far as names, there's definitely still time to look around for something that can work for you both that you both love I'm not really familiar with German names but I love Clara from your signature.

Over here, I'm doing a lot better. My medical situation turned out to be really bad acid reflux, which hasn't been fun to deal with. Still, considering the amount of pain I was in, I'm thankful that this is all it is. I've had two further episodes of it, so have been playing around with my diet and living off of Tums...lol.

I really hope everyone else is doing great
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@raptreverie: I'm in a similar boat. DH and I decided that baby3 is our last. Both of our other kids have honorific style names that are also just their own. This time it feels like there is more pressure to have the "perfect" name since we know we aren't having any more. We'll find out on the 16th if baby is a boy or girl, but hubs is flat out refusing to discuss girl names (boy name has been chosen since baby2) until we know for sure. I'm hoping for another girl because the 2 youngest will be so close in age, but my DS11 is voting team boy. DD2 keeps saying "Baby Seeser" so we'll see who is right in about a week!
    Liam Anthony 7/18/08
    Rosaline Joy 7/11/17
    Patrick Robert due 1/21/20

We just had our anatomy scan yesterday and found out that baby is a boy! We are so excited to have two little boys together. It will be a blast. Baby looked perfectly healthy. As of right now, my placenta is partially covering my cervix. My doctor isn't concerned and all and said that 90% of the time it moves but we will keep an eye on it. Obviously it's a little nerve wracking but I'm trying to follow my doctor's lead and not be concerned until we have to be.

I had forgotten to add that my due date is 02/02/20. Coincidentally, this is my older sons birthday, so we shall see what happens!

Mama to Boaz
    Future Dream Babies
    Wolfgang Arthur . Elowen Sybil . Aoife Odette . Amelie Imogen . Wilhelmina Maeve . Viggo Edmund . Liesel Morwenna . Leif Peregrine . Svea Agnes

@mrsyork7: Ahh, congratulations!!! Fingers crossed that baby boy #2 continues growing healthy and strong and that the placenta moves to a less worrisome position!

------
    Pretty excited over here...I can't wait for our anatomy scan (this coming Tuesday morning!!). Part of me is nervous because there is just so much unknown right now. Like is he healthy? Is he growing as he should? Any extra fingers or toes? (okay, maybe not really but your mind goes all over the place lol). I'm excited to see how much he has grown and to see him looking like a tiny human, not a little blur.
    Alyssa

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I posted--I was taking a technology/social media break to get my life organized lol. Reading back through the last 2 month's posts I see a little sad news, a lot of happy news, and many new mamas, which is so great!

I felt compelled to jump back on here because last night I surprised my husband with the news: we're having a boy! I had had a private 3D scan and then colored the filling of my husband's birthday cake blue. We had both kind of been slightly hoping for a 3rd girl, but we're obviously thrilled! But now I'm stumped! I loved our top 3 choices for girls' (Matilda, Sylvia/Sylvie, and Ramona), but I'm just not excited about any of the boys names. So I told my husband I needed to get back online because I needed nameberry!

@raptreverie and @marisarose Yes! Feeling so much pressure to find the "perfect" name this time since it will be our last baby.

@mrsyork7 congrats on your 2nd boy! I was in a similar situation with my 2nd and my placenta did move up. How crazy about them possibly sharing the same birthday! My brother's birthday is 3 days before my due date and he really wants the baby to be born on his birthday.

@namergirl3 The anatomy scan is so great! The baby looks so much more like a baby than an alien lol!
    Proud Mama to Brynn Elizabeth (3/2014)
    and Beatrix Dawn (10/2018). Searching for the perfect name for our 3rd and final child (2/2020).

Let the narrowing down begin...

·Sabrina·Cecelia·Daphne·Phoebe·Thora·Matilda ·Clara·Sybil·Sylvia·Agatha·Josephine· Astrid· Iris·Jane·Alice·Wendy·Miriam· Caroline·Zelda·

·Calvin·Jude·August·Miles·Gideon·Frederick· Nathaniel·Gabriel·Simon·Arthur· Rupert/Robert·Elliot·Beckett·Charles·Edmund· Malcolm·Harrison·Wesley·

@mrsyork: Congratulations! Boys are so much fun and how nice that your little guy gets a little brother My little brother's birthday is 4 days after mine and my kids are only a week apart. It's great because I only do 1 big family party for both and as they get older they can each have a "friend" party.

@primbutcher: Congratulations on your boy!! (Seems like this is a very boy heavy group!) From your signature I'd like to vote for Beckett! Brynn, Beatrix, and Beckett look adorable together!
    Liam Anthony 7/18/08
    Rosaline Joy 7/11/17

Quick post:
    Had our anatomy scan and baby is a healthy, kicking, baby BOY!
    Won't lie, I'm sad to not be having another girl and I've spent the day "mourning" my little Katrina who will not be since this is our last baby, but I know in a few days I'll be thrilled to think about my sweet Patrick Robert.
    Liam Anthony 7/18/08
    Rosaline Joy 7/11/17

@namergirl3-I am so glad that you situation turned out to just be acid reflux. It doesn't sound fun at all but at least it is nothing worse. I hope your anatomy scan went well this morning!!

@mrsyork7- Congrats on another baby boy. I have two boys and it is amazing!! They are best friends and love each other so much!! I absolutely love it!! How many years apart will your boys be? Mine are 2 1/2 years apart and like I said they are thick as thieves. Also my birthday is 2/4 so yay for February babies!!

primbutcher- Congrats on finding out you are having a baby boy. It will be so fun to experience a boy after two girls!! I love being a boy mom!!

marisarose- Congrats on your baby boy!! I am sorry that you are mourning the other daughter you will never have. I remember that feeling very well when I found out my second was another boy I thought I might never have a daughter and maybe I won't. I might be mourning the daughter I will never have at the end of october. Your two youngest will still be close regardless of their gender!!

Update from me...I am 14 weeks today. I had my 12 week appointment a few weeks ago and they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler but brought a little handheld ultrasound machine to find baby. Found baby right away and got to see the heart beating away but wasn't able to hear it. My anatomy scan is scheduled for Oct 28th and I am so excited. I am so ready to know if we will be having another boy or having our first girl!! Hubby and I have had names set for quite awhile now but a wrench got thrown in because he said he likes the name Penelope. I was shocked at this because whenever I have brought up other girls names in the past he has always shot this one down but he actually got excited about this one. The other front runner is Scarlett. We have had this name picked since I was pregnant with my oldest 5 years ago. So what are your thoughts ladies...which name do you like best. My sons are Finnian Christopher and Declan Floyd...middle name for girl will be Erin (it is my middle name).

I love that more in this group are starting to find out what their babies are <3 that isn't to discount anyone going Team Green but it just kind of feels like a huge milestone! Also, whew, this sure is a boy-heavy group! lol

@vec1013: I'm SO happy they were able to find your little one's heartbeat, even if you weren't able to hear it! Hmm...both Penelope and Scarlett are beautiful! I personally prefer Scarlett more, though I'm not sure why. Tough decision though! Sometimes it can be hard for a partner to actually feel excited about a name so it's like ya want to give the name full consideration...at least that was how it was for DH and I! If Baby does turn out to be a girl maybe you can take both names to the hospital and choose then?
    -----------------------

The anatomy scan went really well today! The baby kind of scared me at first because he wasn't really moving too much. I think he was just waking up, though, because he was soon trying his best to hide from the tech and was even opening and closing his mouth a lot, like he was protesting...lol. It was amazing to see him! His little spine, his heart, some of his organs were so cute...he was even sucking his thumb! And he is definitely a he and wasn't shy about that! *eye roll* The tech doesn't interpret the results but she did say that everything was there, where it should've been and he is measuring right at a little over 19 weeks, so that's perfect.

Oh, she did confirm that I have an anterior placenta and also found out that he is breech right now. I know he has time to flip, for sure, but it was interesting to note.
    Alyssa

@namergirl3- Since Scarlett has been our girl name for so long he is having a really hard time considering another name but he does like Penelope too. I need to talk to him about it some more about it now that maybe he has had a week or so to think about it. Yea we could always take both names to the hospital but that just seems so foreign to me because with our boys we always had a definite name picked. But I guess we need to find out what the baby's gender is first and then we can go from there. I am so eager to find out. But since this is such a boy heavy group maybe I am destined to have another boy.
    So glad your anatomy scan went well and everything was measuring correctly and in the right places. That scan is so much fun and always makes it feel so much more real!!