Menu

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    @babynamesfactory: Awe, I'm sorry you aren't feeling so good! That's exciting you'll get to see the baby soon at least! And thanks, we're excited too!

@mamaenzi: Congratulations!!! Great to see you here! Two close in age can be rough at times, from what I've heard, but it doable! My mom planned to get pregnant with my older brother when my older sister was only 9 months old and she doesn't regret it at all; she just said you learn to adjust. Also, YES it is so weird how animals and small children can pick up on it!! Our cat has been snuggling up to me any chance she gets and I'm thinking it is because she can sense it.

@mummacat92: Awe, thank you!

@lilimorgana: Awe, thanks so much! I've definitely loved having support and advice from many of you on here over the years, so that means a lot! Thank you for the advice on the family thing, by the way. We started telling family and I'm already getting stressed. The reactions have been happy but our parents and some in-laws are already acting like children. They lived up to my expectations, sadly. I will never understand why grown adults will try to control other grown adults. I've had to use the phrase "we know you are excited and we appreciate that, however we have made and will continue to make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of our son and our family" way more than once and we started telling them only 24 hours ago! We know better than to tell them much about how we'd like to do things but for instance, my mom mentioned wanting to buy diapers. This was a nice gesture, especially since I will be losing my job in a few days. However, we have an entire stash of cloth diapers and I told her we planned to use those. I got an entire hours worth of criticism for that, followed by "why won't you let us help?!" Bleh.... Sorry for the mini rant lol. And thank you! Elim is a place name from the Bible and the backstory meant a lot to us when dealing with infertility. Nathaniel is after my grandpa Natalino, who passed away last year, and my BIL, who my husband is very close with. James is part of my husband's middle name. It's a bit of a long name altogether but we are pretty happy with it. Also, I love seeing your kids' names together in your signature! They go together so perfectly <3
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@Alyssa Thank you! I love that his name is so meaningful to you. It's a great mix of uncommon and traditional and flows beautifully. As for your family, you've got it exactly right: this is your life, your family, and your baby. Not theirs. They had their time when you and your husband were little to make all of these decisions and now it's your turn. If you want to cloth diaper, you go for it. If you plan to breastfeed, go for it. If you want to, I don't know, make your own baby food--that's your choice. As long as it's safe and the positives outweigh the negatives. The only thing I will say is be prepared that things often don't go to plan. We tried disposable diapers and wound up switching to cloth and then back to disposable because the disposable weren't fitting well and he was leaking all the time. Once he grew and filled out more the disposable were okay again so we did that. I planned to breastfeed and didn't produce enough with any of them, so formula it was. Basically just plan for your plans to need adjusting. And maybe you can include your family in other ways? They can get you some liners for your cloth diapers (you can always use more of those) or lots of baby laundry soap to wash them in (so much laundry!) or something else useful but potentially costly. Wipes and diaper cream, for instance. Those things add up too. But you're doing great. It can be so stressful though, and I remember the comments so well, so I just wanted to say something. But it sounds like you've got this!
    Finn, Leo, and Kate <3

Elena Ara Elizaveta | Mason Calder Declan

Freya Violet Arabella | Mila Aurora Guinevere | Fia Lillianna Rose | Morgana Olivia Genevieve
    Juliet Belle Sophia | Anya Isla Persephone | Stella Vivienne Zoe

Oliver Caspian James | Callum Nicholas Evander | August Victor Hugo
    Theo Bartholomew Lincoln | Dimitri Matthew Balthazar

Hello all, long time member but our first child! Due date is February 28th, my husband is hoping for a leap year baby haha!

Week 6-8 I felt insanely tired, nauseous, and had difficulty eating. I only threw up once, but can now no longer look at pasta the same. Nausea has abated somewhat since getting into week nine.

Hope you all are doing well and have healthy pregnancies! ^_^

Kassandra Renae
    +
    Philip Thomas

=
    First baby due February 2020

‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Names I love but cannot use -

| Felix | Liam | Reuben | Arlo | Desmond | Ender |
    | Ambrose | Jasper | Mason | Stanley | Oliver |

| Amelia | Willow | Matilda | Rosemary | Melody |
    | Persephone | Emmalina | Athena | Evelyn |

Quote Originally Posted by namergirl3 View Post
    We started telling family and I'm already getting stressed. The reactions have been happy but our parents and some in-laws are already acting like children. They lived up to my expectations, sadly. I will never understand why grown adults will try to control other grown adults. I've had to use the phrase "we know you are excited and we appreciate that, however we have made and will continue to make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of our son and our family" way more than once and we started telling them only 24 hours ago! We know better than to tell them much about how we'd like to do things but for instance, my mom mentioned wanting to buy diapers. This was a nice gesture, especially since I will be losing my job in a few days. However, we have an entire stash of cloth diapers and I told her we planned to use those. I got an entire hours worth of criticism for that, followed by "why won't you let us help?!" Bleh.... Sorry for the mini rant lol. And thank you! Elim is a place name from the Bible and the backstory meant a lot to us when dealing with infertility. Nathaniel is after my grandpa Natalino, who passed away last year, and my BIL, who my husband is very close with. James is part of my husband's middle name. It's a bit of a long name altogether but we are pretty happy with it. Also, I love seeing your kids' names together in your signature! They go together so perfectly <3
    I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much family drama already. That really sucks. Everyone should be able to enjoy this time... I don't know why family think they're entitled to these opinions. I'm sorry. Just stick to your guns and do it your way, girl. You'll feel better in the end knowing you did what you thought was best.

Also, I love your baby's name and your reason behind it. So handsome and meaningful!
    Now posting as @thelittlefairywren!
    ...felt the need for a fresh user...

@lilmorgana & @namergirl3 Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I know it will be fine and hopefully will be great for our little man to have a little friend! I actually am 19 months younger than my brother so we are following in my parents' footsteps. I am sure some of my worry, doubt and anxiety also stem from my pregnancy hormones as well!

Alyssa, I am sorry your family isn't being supportive! It sucks to be so excited after trying for so long and not have others respond in the way you want! Know that you have a lot of support from everyone here! We also cloth diaper our little one and we love it! We do usually keep one pack of disposables on hand for various reasons (sometimes we use when we are out, travel, backup) and we did use them while we were in the hospital as I ended up having a c-section with my first and we were in the hospital for 3 days and didn't want a load of diapers to deal with immediately when we got home/we didn't have enough newborn diapers for 3 days. It is great that she wants to help, and maybe you could let her buy like one pack of diapers in each size to use for backup situations or if you really don't want any disposables maybe you can guide her toward other products/items that you are hoping to use and that fit with your parenting style!

@kassieb11 welcome and glad to hear your morning sickness is lightening up a bit! A leap day baby could be fun! But also potentially logistically annoying! Baby will of course do as baby wants though!

Mama to Enzi... Sept 2018

OUR TOP CHOICES:
    James, Leona

@lilimorgana: Very true words. Thank you! I appreciate it! I'm trying to be relaxed in many areas when it comes to this pregnancy and baby. It turned out to be a huge blessing in disguise that we became the nearly the last of our friends to have kids; we got to see how things worked out for them, lol. I know everyone has their own preferences and wishes, but we got to see the downside of being too rigid in how things would go instead of being open to how you may have to adjust as you go along. Also, I did decide to try to be a bit more relaxed when it comes to relatives being pushy. I'm not about to allow them to dictate our lives but am trying things like suggesting my mom and I go to a local secondhand store to look for baby things at some point. So...progress, I guess.

@kassieb11: Welcome yay for feeling less crummy!! Congratulations on your little one, btw! I kind of fear this baby will go super late and be a leap baby, lol. It just seems so confusing! I read an article where a woman like 100-something but was I think 4 if you count leap years?

@mummacat92: Yeah, I agree! Sadly, some people never seem to grow out of their Terrible Twos *eyeroll* it says more about them more than anything, so I don't bother helping to prove them fools haha. And thank you so much! We put a lot of work (and tears!) into finding his name, so I love hearing positive responses to it

@mamaenzi: It does suck, but we kind of figured they'd be like this, so it wasn't much of a surprise. I'm nervous about cloth but joined a few very helpful FB groups, so I'm hoping we'll be able to get the hang of it. I really like the idea of keeping some disposables on hand, though! I suppose throwing a bone like that to my mother wouldn't be a bad idea...gives her something to do.

Not really too much going on over here. I think I'm starting to show but only slightly. I wasn't tiny before getting pregnant but I have a definite "super bloat" type thing going on now. Symptom-wise, I still have occasional nausea, which makes taking my prenatals difficult. I had to switch to gummies, but my doctor says that is perfectly fine. I've also been getting headaches a lot, strangely. Sore nipples, severe back pain, and so on. I just take it as he is growing and my body is helping him do so. Crazy to think I'll be 13 weeks this weekend!

Life-wise, I'm stressed. Some relatives are rearing their ugly heads but we've received tons of support from others. That helps. I'm also stressed because I will have to leave my job soon. I work in a factory and the heat, long hours, and tasks are getting to be too much. We can't afford it, though... I may hang in there a little bit longer and use my paychecks to pay down/off as much as possible, then quit. Originally, I wanted to hang on until at least October or so, but that seems unlikely now. Ugh. ALSO, can I just say I hate our insurance system (States)?! We'd be doing a lot better if we didn't have to pay so much out of pocket! We have insurance and a relatively low deductible, but we haven't reached it...so everything is out of pocket. It drives me NUTS. Every blood test, excluding the genetic screening, was nearly $200...and I've had 4 tests so far! Forgive the rant...I'm just frustrated...lol.

OH, and on a funny note, my MIL is very sure she knows what baby boy's name is: Noah! DH made me proud by telling her that we had a few ideas but weren't sure yet. However, MIL tried to go out and buy a personalized name plate with Noah on it. I had to laugh at that lol.
    Last edited by namergirl3; August 1st, 2019 at 06:59 AM.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@Alyssa

I agree - immature people aren't worth spending countless amounts of precious energy on.

You're welcome! It's so special when you find *the name*.

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed about work and finances. That's hard. I hope you can find some peace soon.
    Insurance is definitely annoying! (I think it's universal haha)

Ummm... who buys personalised items when the name hasn't been confirmed?? That's so funny!
    Now posting as @thelittlefairywren!
    ...felt the need for a fresh user...

Hi all! I am joining in this group! We are expecting our second little York Cub Feb 2nd, 2020! I am 14 weeks tomorrow and I am so excited to feel baby move. As many of you rainbow moms know, pregnancy after loss comes with all sorts of anxiety, but I am trying to take it day by day, minute by minute.
    Congrats to all! I'm excited to be here with you!

Mama to Boaz
    Future Dream Babies
    Wolfgang Arthur . Elowen Sybil . Aoife Odette . Amelie Imogen . Wilhelmina Maeve . Viggo Edmund . Liesel Morwenna . Leif Peregrine . Svea Agnes

Well, I'm quite behind! Briefly:

@beccalm - I'm glad you're feeling better now! I've also been having headaches (also probably dehydration despite all efforts...sigh). They can be so hard to push through!

@patriciatm - Congrats! My first was a Femara baby. I'm so happy that everything worked for you!

@mamaenzi - Welcome! I've been wondering whether the heightened early pregnancy symptoms I suffered were in part because of the added chaos of having a toddler running around (mine was much older than yours, around 19 months, when we conceived) - who knows!

@kassieb - Congrats! I hope you continue to feel better!

@namegirl - Your name choice is beautiful! I'm so glad everything is going well with the baby and am sorry to hear about the family woes. It sounds like you have good strategies to deal with them though and aren't letting it get to you! I am sorry to hear about your work situation though. That really is awful. The US definitely is far behind the times with their terrible health care system and lack of support for women in the workforce.

@mrsyork - Congrats! My first was a rainbow baby and those first few months were definitely a bit agonizing.

I'm having trouble believing that I'm so close to being 4 months pregnant already. I've been feeling my belly grow slowly over the past few weeks, but it really seems to have popped yesterday. I don't think I can pass for just looking a bit pudgy in my middle any longer. My breasts seemed to also have doubled in size. I'm bummed since all of my maternity clothes are packed up in a box in my MIL's garage a world away, so I'm forced to make do with tight bras and rewearing the same baggy/stretchy shirts over and over. I'll go shopping eventually but am just not ready for that yet!

I'm ashamed to say that we still haven't yet told many people about the baby. We want to do it via phone call rather than text, and the time difference makes it really tough to find time to talk. We're feeling very guilty about it though and plan to prioritize spreading the news this week. We've been very busy with visitors, work, and celebrations (my baby is now officially two ::sob:: and we just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary), so it's been rough finding time. I've also just been sooooo tired, and remaining functional past 8pm is a real struggle (not helped by the difficulty falling of asleep, of course).
    Mama to I. M. (2017)
    Expecting #2 (a girl!) January 2020

still in naming search

♂ backup: Caspar Nathanael

Personal musings: Eulalie Catherine • Ianthe Catalina • Cordelia Tulip • Beatrix Renata • Zinnia Solene • Cecily Morgana • Imogen Anaïs

It's been awhile since I have checked in. But I just caught up with everyone!! Congrats to the new ladies that joined!!
    I just got back from a week long vacation at my in-laws lake house with my MIL, FIL and two SILs. Just before we left for vacation I had my dating ultrasound and blood work. I thought I was 6w5d at the time of the ultrasound turns out i was only 6w2d. I must have implanted late. This actually puts my due date on St Patricks Day 3/17/20. But all looks good and I was able to see the heartbeat of 122. We told all of my in-laws that were with us on vacation as well as our two boys who are 4 and 2. My oldest was so excited he carried around the ultrasound picture all night and kept giving it kisses. Funny thing is that morning he said mom you have a baby in your belly. We hadn't even told them yet. He couldn't wait to tell his babysitter this morning. So I let him take an ultrasound picture with to show her. He is convinced it is a baby sister. My youngest doesn't really grasp it all yet but knows that there is a baby in my belly. He did the sweetest thing when we were out riding on the boat last week. He was sitting next to me and just reached over and put his hand on my belly and didn't move it. He absolutely loves babies and I think he is going to love being a big brother. We are trying to decide if we are going to do the first trimester screening. We didn't do it with my oldest because it wasn't covered by insurance but we did do it with my youngest because it was covered. I think I am leaning towards not having it done but I need to talk to my husband somemore. What did everyone else do? Did you or will you do the first trimester screening? My next appt is 9/4. This is be my first time seeing my doctor. After that appt I am planning to announce on social media because on 9/7 is my 10 year high school class reunion and I just want it out in the open so I don't have to make any excuses for not having a few drinks. We are planning to tell my parents and brother this weekend and a few close friends in the next few weeks. I am really nervous to tell one set of friends because they have been struggling to have a second child for nearly 4 years and are pursuing IVF early next year and in that time frame I have had another baby and am pregnant with another. I know they will be understanding and happy for us but I also know that it will hurt them and that is the last thing I want. Anyway...that's pretty much all that is new with me except for pretty much all day nausea. I haven't thrown up yet but literally I feel crummy all the time and even eating food doesn't make it better. With my youngest I had some nausea but I was able to keep it at bay with eating regularly. Also my husband is convinced this baby is a girl. We have two boys so a girl would be amazing but another boy would be just as amazing. Has anyone ever looked into the Ramzi Method of gender predictions?