Menu
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Reading your post the name I thought would fit best for both you and husband (and as a sister to Tessa) is Laura. Classic name with lots of history, not super popular right now but was popular in the 80s (though is not a name exclusively tied to that time).

Good luck!

Deciding on Tessa's name was an interesting story... we wrote down lists of favourites and compared, found out we had nothing in common. So we spent hours and hours and hours of coming up with every girls name we could think of to look for one we both liked, but the only ones we agreed on we ruled out because we knew *someone* with that name - friends, family, church members etc. Eventually my husband gave in to my favourite name as a first and his favourite as a second - Marie Rose. Two weeks before the due date he admitted that he still couldn't stand Marie, and we decided on Tessa, a name I had originally suggested, that we both liked, but had ruled out because of a little girl with the same name in our VERY small church. Hence Tessa. If I were naming her now, I think I would prefer to give her the full name Theresa, I feel like it is more mature, elegant and suited to an adult, but we are both happy enough with her name overall.

Thanks ladies for all of the helpful suggestions! I will look through these with Hubby to see if there are any names here we can agree on More suggestions are always welcome too haha!

Your style sounds very similar to mine! Tessa, Chloe, Amelia and Valerie were all on our short-list for our now 5 month old, and I'm hoping for Margaret as a middle name for a future girl.

Hubby's helpful input was Sarah (beautiful name, but seriously, the 80's have really worn it out!) and Alice.

You say you're not keen on ones that are too popular right now though, so you might want to re-think Chloe, Amelia, Emily, Sophie if that really bothers you? I think they're all in the top 10, at least in my country!

Some suggestions:
    Alice/Elise - kind of classic, but also fits with some of his suggestions like Ruth?
    Iris - flower name like Rose, but a bit cooler?
    Phoebe - could fit into the 80's but also the present, not over-popular, nice meaning?
    Zoe as alternative to Chloe?
    Sylvie - updated version of Sylvia... part classic, part old lady like Ruth, part modern? Though I think it's climbing on the charts.
    Georgia/Josie/Kate - bit 80's, still sound good, could go nicely with middle of Rose or Grace
    Josephine
    Violet
    Babe #1
    ~Robyn~

Possible future babes (some honour, all compromised with partner):
    Owen • Ralph • Patrick • Rowan • Tristan • Jeremy • Peter
    Ada • Kate • Tessa • Georgia • Valerie • Josie • Sylvie
    Charlotte (Charlie) • Chloe • Amelia • Elsie

Quote Originally Posted by kiriko View Post
    You say you're not keen on ones that are too popular right now though, so you might want to re-think Chloe, Amelia, Emily, Sophie if that really bothers you? I think they're all in the top 10, at least in my country!
    I know... They are names that I love the sound and feel of but may not pick them anyways for their popularity. If my husband also loved one of these names I would probably pick it despite the popularity, but my ideal name would stand out from the crowd just a little more... while still being an undeniable, familiar classic!