Menu

Advanced search option has disappeared?

I can't find the advanced search option from the home page any more. The normal 'search a name or phrase' box is still there on the menu bar. I haven't been on for a while but haven't changed anything in the way I access it. Has this function simply been removed? (It would be a pity because I used it quite a lot.)

Gwennan Lærke Juliet :: Edith Vervain :: Robin Cadfael Otis

Lucy Berengaria Violet :: Miriam Azalea :: Saskia Linnet :: Iris Léopoldine Lark

Finn Alasdair :: Odelia Rosemary :: Tess Hyacinth

Hi @morning_glory, apologies for the late reply!

Are you using the mobile or desktop version of the site?

If desktop, you should see the words "Advanced Search" in grey to the right of the main search bar.

If mobile, the Advanced Search function is now part of the main dropdown menu (represented by three stacked horizontal lines).

Hope that helps!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by morning_glory View Post
    I can't find the advanced search option from the home page any more. The normal 'search a name or phrase' box is still there on the menu bar. I haven't been on for a while but haven't changed anything in the way I access it. Has this function simply been removed? (It would be a pity because I used it quite a lot.)
    Try rotating your device vertically. I use as kindle, and I cannot see the advanced search option when viewing the screen horizontally. When vertical, you may be able to see the drop down menu represented by three horizontal bars. Advanced search is there.

I can see the advanced search button on both my laptop and my phone, but they take me to different screens. On my phone the link sends me to the tool where I can search for boy/girl names containing different letters or syllable counts (which is where I want to go when I click advanced search). But on my laptop the link sends me to a general page whit baby name lists and a search by letter tool. And in this case, the actual advanced search tool is nowhere to be found.
    * Favourites *
    Thea Adrienne - Agnes Adair - Alma Greer
    Nel Audra - Bram Percy

* Currently like *
    Hector - Frey - Walt - Gregor - Ingrid - Pia - Percy - Ian - Vera - Lyra - Hilde - Dorota - Joris - Milas -

* GP or does not sound good in Dutch *
    Adrian - Bramwell - Emrys - Pascoe - Alasdair - Barnabas - Prior - Pyotr
    Hesper - Greer - Solveig - Parnell - Junot - Tuppence - Endellion - Arianell

@rouverture How strange! I’ll flag it up with the site creators, thanks for the info.
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)