Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Crushes - Thoughts?

Lately, I've been intentionally thinking of and looking for names that I haven't really considered before - I feel like I needed a refresh from some of my old favorites. Below are a few names that have crossed my mind that I think I like, but I'm curious as to your opinions. Do you like/dislike any? Would you add any names? Do you know of similar names?

My "random crush" list currently is:

Arden
    Carden
    Emmett
    Greta
    Maven
    Reeves
    Zara
    taylor.

current crushes

girl firsts: ruby, georgia, maxine, margot, olive, thea, gemma
    girl middles: florence, josephine, gray, theodosia, jubliee, gloria, emmanuelle
    -
    boy firsts: maxwell, shepherd, cormac, callan, sullivan, julian, everett, kit
    boy middles: salvatore, david, daniel, wilder, dean, schaeffer, gabriel

Arden - I really like Arden -it has a magical and literary feel to it
    Carden - Interesting - kind of like a mix of classic Cara and modern Arden.
    Emmett - I prefer it on a boy, but I can imagine it working on a girl
    Greta - sweet, vintage and warm
    Maven - love the sounds of this - it sounds a little mystical and witchy but also fresh and sweet
    Reeves - I like the sounds
    Zara - I love Zara - I enjoy the princessy meaning with the harder sounds of the name

Some suggestions:
    Aspen
    Arcadia
    Seren
    Soren
    Kestrel
    Camber
    Arlowe
    Ayla
    Pearl
    Avalon
    Corinne
    Adair
    Farrah
    Jordy
    Barrett
    Kipling
    Carmen
    Wren
    Vita
    Tilda
    Freda
    Anya
    Gwenna
    Astrid
    Silver
    Collins
    Zelie
    Zillah
    Anora

(got carried away again, sorry)
    🌈Grace🌈
    For now...
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Aurelia Eve|Cornelia Opal|Felicity Piper|Elodie Saoirse
    Jovie Emmeline|Aoife Mirabel|Indie Florence|Cleo Emilia
    Edith Luella|Delilah Juno|Penelope Iris

More names!

Sweet, unique, and still unpopular:
    Greta
    Zara

Belongs to the boys, not girls:
    Arden
    Emmett

Maven - this is a noun, not a name

Reeves - the possessive is a mouthful..."that's Reeve-sez doll!" and it's a surname, not a girl's name

Carden - horribly made-up.

Arden- this is a solid name, tailored, strong, and while it's neutral I do prefer it for girls.

Carden- as I mentioned on your boy's list, there's a chance people will assume this is an invented/made up name even though it's an old English occupational name. I also find Arden more attractive sounding between the two very similar names.

Emmett: I'm all for neutral names and not necessarily being able to assume the gender of a sibset based off names, but considering all of your boy's picks definitely lean on the masculine side, picking a name like Emmett (or Carden, or Reeves) for a daughter would likely have people assuming she's a brother if you have any boy's down the line.

Maven- I think this is perfectly usable as a name, but that there as similar names that are more striking (like Maeve and Mavis.)

I love Greta, and actually think it compliments a lot of your boy picks nicely if you plan on having more kiddos (like Rawlins, Kit, and Reeves,) likewise I could see it working well in a sister set with Arden or Maven (or similar variations of either of those names.)

Zara- pretty but seems like the odd one out on your list, much like Gabriel is the odd o e out for your boys. And like Gabriel I'd say ti wither table this one or keep it as a possible middle with another name.

My favorites on your list currently are Greta and Arden.
    Last edited by brittanyanitarose; April 11th, 2019 at 01:28 PM.
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Isidore?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.

Arden- I love Arden so much, I think it’s a really strong and tailored choice for a girl. It’s unisex but I think it works better for a girl and if I didn’t have a cousin named Auden, I would have Arden high on my list

Carden- I don’t hate it but I much prefer Arden.

Emmett- much prefer it on a boy and I can’t really picture it on a girl

Greta- I have a negative association with this but there’s nothing wrong with it as a name. It’s sweet and uncommon

Maven- I really like the sound of this. It’s a more modern sounding alternative to Maeve

Reeves- I think the S on this is a little awkward but I like Reeve on a girl

Zara- I love Zara! She’s sweet and spunky. I picture a mischievous little princess

My favorites are Arden, Maven, and Zara.
    Last edited by sparkleninja18; April 11th, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

What? She actually has boy names in her signature?

Cassian Peter | Leo Matthias | Finley Matteo | Torin Elliot | Felix Archer
    Dawson Axel | Alden Silas | Flynn Apollo | Pax Donovan | Koa Sebastian
    Luca Emerson | Casper Elias | Evren Harley | Caius Graham | Myles Aurelian

💜