Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Five for review

Thankyou all for your thoughts and reviews. ♥

Re: Kielo -- I've never got onto the Star Wars train, so had to Google the character being associated -- Kylo, I assume? That'd be pronounced KYE-loh, right, and male? Also, the more I look at Kielo, the more I'm seeing 'kilo(gram)' which is unfortunate as it's such an interesting little thing. I'm also getting a very cool Japanese-type feel from it somehow, but sometimes, it can look a bit trendy too.

I'm loving Artula at the moment. There is a small town that my Mum and I stopped in once called Aratula, which had this brilliant little antique store and coffee shop all-in-one deal which we said in another life we'd own and run, so that's kind of a nice association I have. I love the idea as Artie/Arty as a nickname, too, art/creativity being of great importance to me.

Iluka is a gorgeous seaside town (suitably named for the Bunjalung word) a few hours from me of which I've visited, and adored, so there's another positive association for me there. Also, such a gorgeous sound!

Taika is an older love for me. The meaning is brilliant, I love it, but for me, Taika does look somewhat trendy and/or masculine, so it's never really shone enough for me to think on it more.

Keresen is a new find. The meaning is sweet, though I do keep finding myself thinking 'kerosene' & 'resin' when I see/say it.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

Reworking my combos...

I love them all except for Keresen, which I originally read as Kerosene. Artula is so beautiful I would add it to my list!
    sempervirens

sybil savory, agnes nettle, matilda thistle, cecilia lavender, esther rosemary, harriet hibiscus, dorothy laurel, beatrice chamomile, louise marjoram

wilbur sage, hector caraway, casimir mint, otto tarragon, ernest coriander, grover cyperus, orville evergreen

pet mama to sons marlow, scout, oliver & ezra

Thankyou for drawing attention to such an interesting list. I love Keresen. The sounds just really appeal to me. Among my longterm favourites are the Welsh Ceridwen and Cornish Kerensa, so I guess there are similarities.
    Artula is very nice, and could work as a female nod to Arthur. Good to see the 'ula' ending cropping up - other than singer Petula Clarke, or the occasional Fionnula, you don't see that ending much. I really like the Finnish names Taika and Kielo. Kielo reminded me of the Danish princess Josephine who has Ivalo in her middle names. Finnish names deserve another look I think! Kielo particularly appeals to me - there's always something a little bold and quirky about 'o' ending names.

@araminty -- Thanks. I, too, enjoy the -ula ending, though other than Tallula(h), I too very rarely see/hear them. Another (from the long list) I'm thinking on at the moment is Alula. Finnish names are indeed interesting, quirky little gems - Lumi is a favourite, and Pilvi, Tindra, Satu & Virva are some others on my long list.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

Reworking my combos...

Artula is very striking, though I could definitely see a lot of people pronouncing it arh-TOO-lah.

Keresen I actually have a little trouble with when I try to say it aloud, and as someone else said it's quite similar to Kerensa (which is the easier of the two to pronounce.)

Iluka is lovely and while some might initially think "ill-" instead of "eye" I think this one would be easy enough to correct people on.

Likewise Taika could face minor pronunciation troubles but would be pretty easily corrected.

Kielo feels the most intuitive to say aloud when looking at it, and is really lovely! There aren't too many -o ending names I really like but I find this one fantastic. And I love the meaning.

Favorites in order
    Kielo
    Artula
    Iluka
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Isidore?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.