Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nursery Themes!

Nursery Themes!

So I'm not pregnant or anything, but I've really gotten into thinking about nursery themes quite a bit lately. I graduated from high school a couple of years ago, and a lot of my friends and the girls I went to school with are pregnant and having babies, so the topic has started to pop up a lot. Personally, my nursery theme was Winnie the Pooh, which, looking back on it now, seems really cute and creative. My little brother's was either dinosaurs or cars (the actual vehicle, not the Disney franchise), I can't remember which.

I thought this could be a cool idea to talk about - what your own theme was, what your kids' themes were, something you wish you had done, or interesting schemes you came across. And if anyone happens to be expecting but having some trouble coming up with a theme, then maybe this could give them ideas!
    Last edited by redrobin; March 17th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
    robin | INTP | ravenclaw

elowen morgana pearl | echo lavender | coraline october
    lilith persephone snow | galilea rosebud | flora dawn
    lyra guinevere dove | yvaine lilac | astoria swan

leopold august grey | evander quill | cassian wolf
    isadore atlas wren | gideon finch | magnus fox
    henry orion winter | arthur sage | elias lark

My son's nursery is Winnie the Pooh-themed, too — mostly white, beige and grey with some hints of blue and yellow, plus loads of soft textures. He has some Pooh bedding and an IKEA cloud cushion that he adores. I love the way it turned out.

Nelly's theme is enchanted forest. Everything is green and brown and sparkly — fairy dust, you see. The room has a starry ceiling and hubby painted some animals and trees on the walls. Right now it is overflowing with toys, though, so you can't really see it, haha.
    Last edited by thefairophelia; March 18th, 2019 at 03:10 AM.
    Victoria "Vix"

♉︎Nell (2013)
    ♉︎Teddy (2018)
    ♊︎Maggie (2019)

According to my photos my nursery was red, blue and grey, no my parents didn't want a boy, my sister's was cream, pink and fallow, I would want my daughter to have a Aurora themed nursery, and a Cille one for my son ~
    Almila & Orkun Lemi
    Mariye Tuyara | Haris Ender | Iklil Halyan
    Tomris Esti | Balamir Orhan
    Ashbel | Bijou | Harley | Otis | Owlette
    🐾
    aunt to O.E | Quraniyoon Rafidhi

I have no idea what my nursery theme was. I don't think it was anything, the colours of our childhood bedrooms were never repainted and my older sister's was pink and mine was purple. And then my younger sister came along when I was 2 and I shared my room with her, and it stayed the same. I'm pretty sure my older sister had Winnie the Pooh when she was a baby (according to photos), but they moved out of that house when my mum was pregnant with me.

My older sister didn't have nursery themes for her children either, the eldest was a boy so it was blue bed sheets and cuddly toys but the walls were magnolia (boring, rented house), and then her youngest was a girl and it was the same, just pink bed sheets and cuddly toys (and the same magnolia walls). Now they're older and the boy has Mario Kart decor in his room with blue walls, and the girl has pink walls, glittery carpet and unicorn decor.

I guess it isn't a big thing for our family lol. I know a friend had an owl themed nursery for her baby and it was gorgeous! I like the idea of a Dumbo theme for my kid, this is gorgeous: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/61/2a/2f612a2cda4a97ed379daa479b2087e3.jpg thefairophelia's enchanted forest nursery sounds so magical, I love that idea! I also love the really popular nursery idea of having grey walls with painted on mountains, and then large frames with quotes and pictures. Kinda like this: https://patternsandprosecco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/McKenzieTownDr-3-1-1024x790.jpg

now using forum account eireann

I didn't have a nursery I co-slept with my parents due to health issues.

I want my future kids to have a Bambi themed nursery with a watercolor vibe to it. I also love the idea of a Swan themed nursery.

My nursery didn’t really have a theme. It had a rim around the room of the alphabet and another one of cats (I loved cats when I was little. Turns out I’m allergic to them).

I love the idea of a Lion King themed nursery.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

OGs
    Maeve Alaska | Rowan Eliza | Eleni Sofia
    Cassian Micah | Leo Matthias | Torin Elliot

💜

@thefairophelia, I LOVE the sound of that enchanted forest. Forget nursery, I'd have that as my actual room!

@pxxntxdrxsx, I feel like if I were to have kids, I'd definitely go with some kind of watercolor theme. Its my favorite medium to paint in, and I'm obsessed with watercolor paintings of flowers at the moment, so I stand behind that idea. Also, the theme of swans sounds wonderful!

@sparkleninja18, you can never go wrong with the Lion King!
    robin | INTP | ravenclaw

elowen morgana pearl | echo lavender | coraline october
    lilith persephone snow | galilea rosebud | flora dawn
    lyra guinevere dove | yvaine lilac | astoria swan

leopold august grey | evander quill | cassian wolf
    isadore atlas wren | gideon finch | magnus fox
    henry orion winter | arthur sage | elias lark

We didn't know the gender both times. For Dash we didn't really give him a nursery theme(we were moving within months of him being born) so we decorated the nursery with pale blues and personalized it a little more with a 'Dashel' decal and some boat decals after he was born and we knew he was a boy.

Same with Junia, really. We painted it yellow and did a bird theme then when we knew she was a girl we added some more 'girly' bird features.
    Dashel Rhodes 05.15.12
    Junia Eiffel 12.12.14
    Baby tres 07.22.19

Top combos right now
    Casper Bellamy & Verona Ripley

Other maybies: (our full list is a LOT longer)
    Indira, Vesper, Xanthe, Verona, Margot, Maeve, Eleri, Sienna, Elodie
    Stellan, Casper, Emmett, Abram, Felix, August, Caspian

My parents were told that they were having a boy via ultrasound, so they did the nursery up in light blue and white. Still worked okay with a girl though.

My son, John, had a teddy bear themed nursery with the colors green and brown.

My second son, Mason, had a pond themed nursery (primarily turtles) with the colors blue and green.

My twin sons, Scott & Gavin, had a puppy dog nursery that was brown and blue.

My daughter, Sophie, had a whimsical floral nursery that was primarily turquoise and white, but with pops of pink, green, purple, etc.

If I'm able to conceive again and it's a girl, she would share a room with her older sister, which means it would also be floral likely. If it's a boy, he would have his own room and I'm debating on a Dumbo theme (grey and blue), or an old-fashioned Winnie the Pooh theme (browns and yellows)

I lived in a flat as a baby so didn't have a nursery as such; though my little cousins had a minimalist white themed nursery with star and cloud decorations (my cousin chose their nursery when she didn't know what gender her first child would be [they both turned out to be boys], so she went with a gender neutral theme). It looks somewhat like this, without the pink. Her oldest son is five now though so has a room of his own, which is a star themed blue and white room. Her younger son is still a toddler so still has the nursery.

For my own children - far in the future - I'd love a similar nursery, in this sort of style.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Pia + Esmaralda + Rafaela + Taddeo + Manuel
    GP Crushes: Yara + Theodosia + Hesper + Vittorio + Fio