Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which name would you choose?

Hi all,
    These are my top boys names for a future son, which one would you suggest I choose?

Zakariah-
    has always been a favourite of mine as it's classic and beautiful meaning.
    Amare-
    I adore this spelling of the name Ammar which means devoted to God and pious. However do you think this spelling would cause confusion for the pronunciation Ah- mar?
    Salahan-
    love the meaning and flow
    Elias-
    Very classic and beauitful meaning
    Salahan-
    beautiful and good meaning
    Yuhannis-
    A lovely name
    Jishan-
    It has a good meaning I think it sounds lovely

Many thanks
    Last edited by sabahk; March 9th, 2019 at 07:13 AM.

I personally like Elias the best, but I think you should choose your favorite Zakariah, it’s a nice name

Zakariah -- A nice, spunky yet classy name.
    Amare -- I said this uh-MAH-ray, and still want to say it that way, honestly. If uh-MAHR is what you want, I think Ammar/Amar would be your best bet.
    Salahan -- I've not heard of Salahan and it makes me think 'surname', however, it has a nice enough look and sound to it.
    Elias -- a good, strong name. Different, yet familiar.
    Yuhannis -- I've not seen this variation, however, I'm assuming it's an Arabic form of John? It's unfamiliar so I suppose due to that looks a little awkward to me, however, I don't mind Johannes and the like, so it would work well enough.
    Jishan -- I've never seen this one, either, but like Salahan, it looks nice enough.

I am pretty unfamiliar with all of these really, bar Elias & Zakariah, which thus, would be my choices from your list. I prefer Elias, however, as you've always loved Zakariah, that would be my choice for you.
    Last edited by sunniva; March 9th, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

I love Elias!! I like Amare too but like pp, I think Ammar would be an easier spelling - plus Amare seems to have different origins, if that bothers you
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Ezra Apollo|Tristan Rafferty|Sholto Felix|Otto Elias

EFGH...
    Elara Juno|Frankie Mabel|Ginny Delilah|Heidi Elowen
    Elliott Harbour|Franklin Jonah|Gideon Reeves|Hareton Milo

More names!

I love Zakariah- the k in this spelling looks fresh but also feels kindness of archaic and I love it.
    I’m surprised by this but I like Salahan... I think because Sal is a very cute nickname, while Salahan sounds like this authoritative leader that a baby could grow into!