Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with sister name for Willa and Wren!

Hi all,

We are having our third and need a boy and girl name. We have twin girls, Willa Louise and Wren Elinore. We would prefer to not have another 'W.' I like shorter, pronounceable, recognizable but not super common names. Some that are on the short list are Piper, Sadie, Margot and Darby. Thoughts on these or other suggestions are so, so welcome! Thank you!

Willa Louise
    Wren Elinore

Piper/Sadie/Margot/Darby

Helen

Persephone Aurora Dove • Phoebe Silena Owl • Rosamund Eliana Rahab
    Elsa • Celia • Guinevere • Esme • Selene • Evangeline • Hadassah • Annabel • Yvaine • Vesper • Ophelia • Meg • Juliet • Pia
    Judah Leonidas • Remington Hezekiah • Thaddeus Newt • Taran Elias Psalm
    Gareth • Damon • Kalixto • Boaz • Jedidiah • Anakin • Fagan • Percival • Wilder • Azaiah • Ezekiel • Koda • Sparrow • Canaan

I like Margot best with Willa and Wren from your list.

Some other possibilities:

Willa, Wren, and

Avis
    Blythe
    Carys
    Claire
    Cleo
    Clover
    Edith
    Enid
    Esme
    Garnet
    Greer
    Hope
    Ivy
    Lois
    Lou
    Mae/May
    Nan
    Nora
    Ora
    Petra
    Phoebe
    Ruth
    Tess
    Thais
    Thea
    Thora
    Una
    Vera
    Vita
    Zora

Love your girls’ names! So sweet and spunky!

I adore the names on your short list. The only one I’m not thrilled about is Sadie. I feel it’s a little too trendy and “cute” but lacks interest. It just feels too generic next to Willa and Wren.

My favorites are Piper and Darby next to your girls’ names. They have a similar feel without being too matchy. Margot has always been on my short list so I definitely have a sweet spot for it. I think it could definitely fit in with Willa and Wren but I just think Piper and Darby go a little better. That being said, I love Margot as the middle name for either Piper or Darby!
    Mama to V!v!an + Nor@h

Esme Narcissa-Alice Athena-Blair Milana-Gwenyth Maia-Raina Josephine-Beatrix Ann--Annemarie James-June Octavia-Margot Hanna

Jasper Elias-Harvey James-Silas Patrick-Bodhi Sawyer-Ronan Eli-Drake Ennis-Miles Birch-Rafe Jameson-Drew Cedar

I like Piper or Sadie as I like their nature connection-y sounds. That said, Darby is the only name I think really doesn't fit. Darby sounds like Willa & Wren's brother - Willa and Wren are both feminine without being frilly, while Darby is quite unisex.

Between Piper & Sadie, I don't think you can go wrong, and I honestly don't know which one I prefer!

Eliza, Adeline, Felicity, Flora, Sophie, Beatrice, Rosalie, Harriet
    Charlie, Henry, Edwin, Felix, Lachlan, Leo, Wyatt,

Of the four on your short list, Piper looks and sound best with Willa & Wren to me. Piper is lovely.

A few other ideas: Cora, Harper, Maisie, Quinn, Sage, Briar, Eden, Poppy, Isla & Ruby.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

CURRENT INTERESTS
    Artemisia . Caspera . Orana . Adelaide . Ysella . Galateia . Araminta . Calypso . Idony . Otrera
    Juniper 'Pip' . Esra . Idris . Banjo . Caspian . Iluka . Sage . Tadhg . Wim . Bellamy

Piper and Margot would both be very nice choices with Willa and Wren! Another poster mentioned Lyra and I really like that with your daughters' names as well!

Others:
    Mavis
    Briar
    Gemma
    Ida
    Harper
    Mabel
    Paige
    Etta
    Sophie
    Maisie
    Eden
    Claire
    Molly
    Opal
    Simone
    Frida
    Nadine
    Sybil
    Last edited by brittanyanitarose; March 1st, 2019 at 01:21 AM.
    Archimedes "Archie" Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Sebastian?
    Dorian Alphonse?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Viridian, Cornelius, Peregrine.

Isadora Eponine? Cornelia Beatrice/Cornelia Odette? Octavia Marguerite?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Euphemia, Beatrix, Philippa.

Piper and margot are my favorite from your short list

Other ideas

Willa, Wren, & ______

Tamsin
    Jolie
    Freya
    Sloane
    Delia
    Marnie
    Kaia
    Tansy
    Poppy
    Amelie "Mila"
    Ivy
    Pearl
    Blythe
    Daphne
    Carys
    Zaida
    Vida
    Vaida/Veda
    Blaire
    Darcy
    Cecily
    Sylvie
    Elodie
    Last edited by wilkie8709; March 1st, 2019 at 01:40 AM.

Congrats! From your list, I think Piper is the best with your sibset. It's spunky and tailored, and I really like it.

Stella: I really like this for you. It's bright, lovely, and gives me the same vibe as Sadie with the classic feel of Margot.
    Olive: Like many of your other favorites, this is a nature name with many popular sounds but that itself isn't hugely popular.
    Juno: The sounds and spunk of Margot, with the modern feel of Wren.
    Lola: Very sweet and short, but also quite spunky. This also makes me think of Alma.
    Mabel: Easily pronounced and quite uncommon, but not "out-there." It has the "l" sound of many of your favorites, and is quite timeless.
    Ayla: Very intuitive pronunciation, definitely not as popular as the alternate spelling, and lots of bright, modern spunk. Seems like a more feminine version of Darby.
    Flora: Lovely, timeless nature name.
    Harlow: Easily pronounced, quite uncommon, but very stylish and modern. I also think of Quinn.
    Veda: Unusual, lively, simple to pronounce, and with a bold sound.
    Summer Baby Names

Augusta Clarimond Lily * Cordelia Merewen Pearl * Marguerite Lumen Rose * Calida Penrose Eyre * Lucienne Phaedra Helmi * Nell Avonlea Coral * Noemi Derya Oceane * Claire Coralie Larkspur * Ginevra Guinevere Ruby * Juno Electra Suvi * Julia Delphine Meri * Sorcha Morgan Peridot * Pearl Vera Rosalind * Helena Rosamund * Solana Maren * Sunniva Lux *

I like Piper the best from your list.
    Piper Margot would be a perfect combo!
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cecily Fearne
    Eadie Seraphina
    Delphie Claire
    Elma Josephine

Dustin James
    Grady Theodore
    Edwin Cain