Menu

Rate these names!!!

Rate these names! Please tell me why you do or don’t like them and if you have any suggestions! Last name Starts with b and rhymes with womb.

Davi Juniper (dah-vee)
    Berenice (behr-rah-nye-see) nn Berry
    Asa Ruth nn Ruthie
    Elula Valentine nn Lu (eh-loo-lah)
    Doveva nn Dovie (doh-vay-vuh)
    Gefen Ruth nn Ruthie
    Tzipporah Yael nn Tzippi
    Nomi Liesel
    Liesel Nomi
    Neta Millie (netta)
    Adi (ah-dee)
    Raphaela nn Rafi
    Neva Sabine (nee-vah)
    Noa Sabine
    Esther Sabine
    Hadassah nn Dassah (hah-dah-suh)
    Zisel Anouk (zees-le)
    Shlomit (sh-low-meet)
    Elijah Rose
    Vote on my names:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9870842

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 “𝐸𝓉𝓈𝓎”

ⓕⓤⓣⓤⓡⓔ ⓑⓐⓑⓔⓢ
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒾 𝐸𝓏𝓇𝒶, 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝒹𝑒, 𝐵𝑒𝓃-𝒜𝓂𝒾, 𝒯𝓏𝒾𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝒶𝒽 𝒴𝒶𝑒𝓁, 𝒢𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃 𝑅𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝒩𝑒𝓉𝒶 𝒮𝓎𝓁𝓋𝒾𝑒, 𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒, 𝒮𝒶𝒷𝒾𝓃𝑒, 𝒵𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓁 𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓊𝓀, 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇💕

Davi Juniper: I really adore Juniper: It's feminine and vintage, but it's so bright. I envision someone both spunky and sophisticated, who really enjoys nature. However, Davi's always been a difficult one for me. I tend to prefer Davina, and Davi seems a little bit nickname-ish to me. It's sort of like how I feel about Lily: Pretty, with a lovely meaning, but somehow a bit incomplete.
    Berenice nn Berry: I adore! Berenice is one of those old-lady names I wish wasn't perceived that way. It's gentle but can hold its own, and has some of the coolest nickname options out there. Berry is so lively and fun!
    Asa Ruth nn Ruthie: Beautiful name. Concise, but both of these names are packed full of meaning and weight. Ruthie is such a wonderful nickname, but would you consider changing the order of the names to make it a bit more intuitive? Ruth Asa is lovely too.
    Elula Valentine nn Lu (eh-loo-lah): Elula just isn't doing to for me here. It's a bit of a tongue twister, and when I asked my brother (who has a very mild speech impediment) to say it, he stumbled over the "l" sounds. However, Valentine is a wonderful, sweet middle.
    Doveva nn Dovie (doh-vay-vuh): YES! Doveva is so underrated and underused. It's lilting, elegant, and feminine, but it's also strong. All of your names have a certain strength to them that is hard to quantify but is truly stunning. I like Dovie, but I might prefer something like Veva or Eva.
    Gefen Ruth nn Ruthie: Once again, I love Ruth, and Gefen is really beginning to grow on me: Fierce and meaningful. However, I do foresee some pronunciation difficulties. (Gee vs. Jeh vs. Geh at the beginning.) If that doesn't bother you, then this is just about perfect!
    Tzipporah Yael nn Tzippi: This is one of my favorites on your list. Evocative, flowing, unique, and beautiful.
    Nomi Lies: I really like Lies, but I'm not huge on Nomi. It's very sweet, but for some reason feels like a nickname.
    Liesel Nomi : Liesel is so lovely! I love the literary association, and the serene yet strong vibe I get.
    Neta Millie (netta): I'm fairly neutral on this one. While neither name particularly stands out to me, I don't dislike either, and they flow ell.
    Adi (ah-dee): Ooh, I really like this! It's super ethereal and pretty.
    Raphaela nn Rafi: I don't understand why, but this one has always been a bit difficult for me. There's something clunky, perhaps?
    Neva Sabine (nee-vah): This is simply striking. Neva is evocative but simple, fits in with current naming trends but stands out due to its uniqueness, and has a nature meaning. Sabine is simply gorgeous, and in the age of Sabrina, I don't understand why it doesn't get more recognition.
    Noa Sabine: Once again, I adore Sabine, but Noa has always seemed more masculine to me, and I think the names are a bit of a stylistic mismatch.
    Esther Sabine: Esther is one of the best classics out there, and stunning paired with Sabine.
    Hadassah nn Dassah (hah-dah-suh): This has never been a favorite of mine. While I appreciate its historical and cultural context, the sound of the name itself is a bit clunky to me.
    Zisel Anouk (zees-le): While Zisel is alright, I prefer Liesel. However, Anouk is one of my favorites: Serene, unique, and distinctive.
    Shlomit (sh-low-meet): I think this would make a meaningful, distinctive, gorgeous choice for a daughter.
    Elijah Rose: While several names on your list seem like viable unisex options, I just can't envision Elijah on a girl. However, Rose is a favorite of mine, popularity be damned.
    Aine, 15. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
    -Stephen King

Adelpha Brontë Swanhild * Verity Saskia Blythe * Rosalind Junia Dorothy * Aurelia Solveig Firefly * Artemisia Sonnet Milan * Anouk Illyria Calliope* Dulcinea Guinevere Sarai * Gaia Beatrix Avalon * Olympia Cerys Pearl * Nell Bernadette Cecily * Titania Pavonine Astarte * Aglaia Thisbe Hyacinth * Ophelia Roxanne Mireille * Aviva Paloma Lazuli * Clementine Philomena Grey * Ambrosia Genevieve Wren

Honor names bolded

Davi Juniper (dah-vee): Are you intending this for a boy or a girl? It's not my cup of tea either way.

Berenice (behr-rah-nye-see) nn Berry: This one will be hard to pronounce.

Asa Ruth nn Ruthie I like Ruthie, but not Asa.

Elula Valentine nn Lu (eh-loo-lah): I like Valentine, but not Elula that much.

Doveva nn Dovie (doh-vay-vuh): Love this. Pretty full name, and adorable nickname.

Gefen Ruth nn Ruthie : I like Ruth Gefen better.

Tzipporah Yael nn Tzippi: Very biblical, personally very my taste. Yali is also a good nn.

Nomi Liesel: Pretty. Would you consider Naomi Liesel? The syllables may run smoother.

Liesel Nomi: I prefer the other way around.

Neta Millie (netta): Not into the combo. But how about Neta Sabine?

Adi (ah-dee): Like it a lot.

Raphaela nn Rafi: Not one of my favorites.

Neva Sabine (nee-vah): Pretty!

Noa Sabine: Really pretty!

Esther Sabine: I liked the "N" options with Sabine better than Esther.

Hadassah nn Dassah (hah-dah-suh): Pretty. You also have Dassi...

Zisel Anouk (zees-le): It flows nicely, and is very unexpected.

Shlomit (sh-low-meet): Pretty.

Elijah Rose: Are you intending Elijah for a girl (with middle Rose?) If yes, I'm not into it. Elijah is for boys.

Good Luck!!

Davi Juniper -- Lovely. I've always loved Davi, but as it wuld either get mispronounced as Davey, or a -d tacked on the end mistakenly here, I cannot consider it further. Juniper is gorgeous, and one of my own favourites.
    Elula Valentine -- A very romantic, whimsical little dear.
    Doveva -- This is gorgeous - always loved this name.
    Tzipporah Yael -- Another real beauty.
    Nomi Liesel -- I like it.
    Raphaela -- A lovely, spunky name which I like a lot (especially spelled this way)
    Noa Sabine -- I've said this before on your posts, but this is just gorgeous.
    Hadassah -- Lovely.
    Zisel Anouk -- Yes, the single S is much better, and as I said in that post, I love this combo.
    Adi -- Very sweet.

Berenice -- I find this one extremely dated and it doesn't appeal to me at all, particularly with this pronunciation.
    Gefen Ruth -- I'm not liking the look or sound of Gefen, though admittedly, it is a name I'm not at all familiar with, so that may definitely play part.
    Neta Millie -- I quite like Neta, though I don't think it pairs well with Millie. It's not too bad, but I do think a longer/non-nickname type name would work better - Neta Michal?
    Elijah Rose -- I can't seem to see Elijah on a girl myself, and honestly, to me, the Rose seems tacked on just to make it seem more feminine.
    Shlomit -- Again, as this is entirely unfamiliar, it doesn't look or sound the best to me, but I do like the meaning.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

Reworking my combos...

Thank you all! Your remarks were very helpful. Any more comments?
    Vote on my names:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9870842

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁

𝐼𝒻 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎:
    𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 “𝐸𝓉𝓈𝓎”

ⓕⓤⓣⓤⓡⓔ ⓑⓐⓑⓔⓢ
    𝐸𝒷𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓊𝑒𝓁, 𝒜𝓋𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒾 𝐸𝓏𝓇𝒶, 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝑒 𝒥𝓊𝒹𝑒, 𝐵𝑒𝓃-𝒜𝓂𝒾, 𝒯𝓏𝒾𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝒶𝒽 𝒴𝒶𝑒𝓁, 𝒢𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓃 𝑅𝓊𝓉𝒽, 𝒩𝑒𝓉𝒶 𝒮𝓎𝓁𝓋𝒾𝑒, 𝐸𝓈𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒, 𝒮𝒶𝒷𝒾𝓃𝑒, 𝒵𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓁 𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓊𝓀, 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇💕