Menu

Miscarriage and Bra Size Question

Hello all, firstly I want to say I am sorry if this question is upsetting but any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

A friend of mine recently lost a pregnancy at 9 weeks. Her breasts had already grown as a result of the pregnancy and, although she lost the pregnancy in the second week of January, they have not returned to their pre-pregnancy size. Does anyone know if this is common or if they will return to normal? The doctors didn't tell her anything about it, she's not in a place where she wants to be googling that information and I have tried for her but can't find anything beyond stopping any milk flowing, which is not the issue here.

Any information anyone has about this would be really helpful.
    Thank you!
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Marigold *Liora* | Lucas Avery *Ya'ir* | Eliza Beatrice *Yehudit* | Isaac Sebastian *Lavan*

Dearest, Darling
    Eira Solstice * Annabeth Willow * Ivy Claire * Orla Sarai * Cynthia Mairead *
    Cleo Adelaide * Freya Naomi * Mira Frances * Rhea Juliet * Siofra Beth *

Sweet, My Love
    * Simon Alexander * Oscar William * Simon Alexander * Everett Morgan
    * Spencer Milo * Benedict Lewis * Rory James * George Russell * Hugo Timothy

I haven't experienced this personally, but I do know that all women are different. If it's been nearly two months and they haven't changed, I would say they might be staying-at least for now. Xx
    Mumma to Owen Shepherd

Mae Adeline + Eliza Eve + Ivy/Iris Eleanor + Ada Evelyn[/I] + Everly Gwen + Ella Octavia

Leo Carson + Kai Jonah + Abel Benjamin + Jonah Matthew + Lawson Jude

I can’t say I have any real experience or expertise in this area, but like @grackym said every body is different, and I’ve read that hormonal levels can take anywhere from a couple to weeks to 10+ weeks to return to normal.
    WINRY ROSE - HAZEL BLISS - PRAIRIE ANNABELLE - SYLVIA PEARL- HOLIDAY JANE
    CHARLES ALEXANDER - GRESHAM HALE - ALDER JAMES- IRA MILLER - GRAHAM EDWARD

When I experienced this mine went back down to the size they were fairly soon if I recall correctly. I also had on and off bleeding for about 1.5 months and it took maybe 2 months to start having normal cycles again. I think hormone levels affect people differently and it's hard to predict what will happen in regards to her size.

I have had 2
    First was at 15ish weeks, cup size changed by 2 and took a while to go back down (2 months -ish)
    The next was at 7 weeks. My cup size increased but not too much and I feel like the cup size increase stayed...
    Hormones are very unpredictable and everybody is different.
    Last edited by lysia; April 23rd, 2019 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Grammar fix