Menu

Peter and Eugenie's baby sister

We welcomed our third child last month, a little sister for Peter and Eugenie.

After much ado, we named her Antonia Darling.

Antonia is a name we have loved for years - it's a family name for me and it also honours my husband's heritage. I love that it's both sweet and strong, playful yet smart. We actually considered it when I was pregnant with Eugenie, but when she was born, we knew Antonia just did not fit. This little girl, however, is an Antonia. Everyone who's met her thinks her name suits her to a T!

Darling is a very special name for us. Peter Pan is my husband's and my favourite childhood book, and I almost cried when I found this out at one of our first dates. Darling is also quite similar to my mother-in-law's maiden name.

Our nickname for her was going to be the oh-so-simple Annie, but we're also calling her Tony, Antoinette, Nia and Toto. Her brother's pet name for her is Toto Bean, which I think is too cute.

Other names on our list were Martha, Magda, Tilda, Ramona, Goldie and Sabrina, but Antonia trumps them all for us. We love the connection to Saint Anthony of Padua and Anton Chekhov, beside other things. Had she been a boy, her name would have been Robin.

Antonia is such a sweet and easy baby and everyone loves her. Thanks Nameberry for helping us choose her name!
    Peter + Eugenie + Baby due January 2019

Martha + Sabrina + Anaïs + Wendy + Tilda
    + Goldie + Magda + Antonia

Thomas + Robin + Magnus + Simon + George + Oscar + Basil + Linus

Perfect name! Congratulations!
    Proud Mom
    Lucille Beatrice
    Lennon Wallace
    Truman James

Check out my blog at www.hiveof5.blogspot.com.

How sweet! Congratulations!!
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Darling is my great grandma’s middle name and I plan to use it if I ever have a girl. Your daughter name is wonderful. Congratulations!

Congratulations! Antonia Darling is a wonderful name.
    alec jarvis + vincent ishmael + sidney balthazar +
    dylan cormorant + harry hawthorne

magdalena persis + amedea lumi + hedda thomasine +
    cressida lily + lola peregrine

Antonia Darling is beautiful! Congratulations!
    Wedding: 10/2019 TTC: Early 2020

Little Princesses:
    Viviana Louise, Aurora Adelyn, Juliet Annelise, Eleanor Rosalie, Madeline Emilia, Luna Amelie, Scarlett Genevieve

Little Princes:
    Hudson Eugene, Arlo Robert, Roland Benjamin, Theodore Sebastian "Theo", Gabriel Julian, Emmett Joseph, Atticus Brooks

Honor names in italics

Congratulations! Antonia Darling is a gorgeous name - straight from a vintage storybook and works fabulously with Peter and Eugenie - an amazing sibling set
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Danica + Sarina + Margarita "Marga" + Evander + Jude + Emiliano
    GP Crushes: Fantine + Despina + Keturah + Milas + Bertram + Rogelio

Antonia Darling is so sweet! Congratulations!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

When I read the name Antonia Darling, I completely melted! That is so gorgeous. What a fabulous connection for you and your husband. Peter Pan is magical.