Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

little brother and sister for Clover and Bronte

I need some help on a first and middle name for Clover Doe and Bronte Amour’s brother and sister I already have some ideas I’m just not completely sold on any of them

Onyx
    Everett
    Tokyo
    Brixton
    Sterling
    Everest
    Nixon

Indigo
    Moxie
    Quincy
    Storm
    Nirvana
    Kit
    Cloud

I am completely and totally OBSESSED with your sibset. Bronte is one of my favorite names ever, and I'm so happy to see it here! I also adore Doe. It's absolutely lovely. Suggestions for first or middle (limited to girls, because I'm afraid my insight is limited for boys):

Fauna: This name has the peaceful sound and a nature connection, like Clover, is very unique, and has some of the sounds of Cloud.
    Rune: One of the coolest, sleekest names out there, Rune has a certain mystique about it that I'm in love with. It's unisex, like Quincy, and tailored, like Kit.
    Calypso: This name is rhythmic, unique, and beautiful. It also has the "o" sound of your other daughter's names.
    Phaedra: Bronte is such a wonderful literary pick, so what about the equally strong, bold Phaedra? It appears in mythology and poetry, and has a great meaning.
    Hyacinth: This name is mythological and natural, with its most obvious connection being to the flower. I love its sweetness, it's brightness, and the "y" sound.
    Nyx: If you like Onyx for a boy, what about Nyx for a girl? It's the ultimate bold, badass name.
    Avalon: Flowing, glowing, and stunning, Avalon has a number of mythological connections and a peaceful yet strong vibe. Reminds me of Indigo and Nirvana.
    Lotus: This name checks all of the boxes: Unique, nature-related, peaceful, and with that "o" sound. It has so many gentle, gorgeous qualities and connotations. I love it.
    Araluen: Such a beautiful name. It has the "l" sound of many of your favorites, and is evocative, flowing, and multicultural.
    Crimson and Auburn: If you like Indigo, these two beautiful, stylish color names could be excellent considerations. Crimson combines the beginning sounds of Clover and Bronte.
    Cairo: I noticed Tokyo on your boys list, so what about this lovely city name for a girl? Lots of history and many of the sounds of Indigo.
    Sunniva: Gosh, what a striking name. It suits the unique, distinctive, and bright feel of many of your favorites. It has a beautiful meaning, and the myth connected to it is spectacular. Sunisa is another great option.
    Madrigal: Lyrical, poetic, and strong, Madrigal seems like a middle ground between Moxie and Cloud. Two other wonderful literary options are Sonnet and Fable.
    Eulalie: This name is very sweet, with lots of mystique, like Amour, the "l" from clover, and a quiet strength. Seems like a natural middle between Moxie and Nirvana.
    Myrtle: Very vintage, but when I sw Moxie, I immediately thought of this. Bold, unusual sounds, and lots of quirk, like many of your favorites. It's also a nature name.
    Whimsy: I immediately pegged your style as unusual and whimsical, and the latter term inspired this option. It's an ethereal word name, like Nirvana, and has many of the sounds of Quincy and Moxie.
    Cerys/Cerise:Regal, tailored, and stately, but with quirk and meaning aplenty.
    Solstice: One of my favorites for you. This is one of the brightest, boldest, and most evocative names around, both in sound and in meaning. It reminds me of Storm, and it subtly picks up the sounds of your daughter's names.
    Reverie: Maybe a long shot, as I have been unable to convince even the boldest of namers to consider this one, but it's worth a try because Reverie has such a beautiful sound. It is strong and distinctive, yet quiet and dreamy. Tailored, unisex Reeve, which reminds me of Kit, is another great choice.
    Solveig/Solvei: Strong, sunny, and beautiful, it has ties to the sky, which I really like for you.
    Io: If you like Indigo and the one-syllable Kit, what about this celestial, striking choice? Ione and Iona are other ideas.

Other ideas: Arden/Auden, Evita, Titania, Isolde, Anouk/Anoush, Manon (love this!), Saskia, Niamh, Xanthe, Angelou, Tamar, Dell, Eithne, Cybele/Sybil, Rhya, Feather, Prairie, Zen, Venice, Abilene, Blossom, Lilac.
    Hope this was helpful!
    Last edited by danakatherine; February 17th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Aine, 15. “If you have the words, there’s always a chance that you’ll find the way.”
    -Seamus Heaney
    Irish Signature (under construction)
    Sorcha Muriel Niamh * Dara Lennon Gael * Aithne Eilis Mare * Iona Meriel Vega * Larkin Tierney Sarai * Ceara Maeve * Nora Rosaleen * Elouera * Araluen

I quite like Quincy, Kit and Sterling. Cl0ver, Bronte, &

Verity
    Verona
    Amity
    Juno
    Phryne
    Neve
    Quilla
    Ember
    Azure
    Mallon
    River
    Evander
    Linus
    Marlowe
    Ulysses
    Hayes
    Vienna
    Calliope
    Foster
    Frost
    Shepherd
    Philemon
    Blaise
    Basil
    Peregrine
    Phoenix
    Larkin
    Redmond
    Valentine
    Lochlan
    Lyra
    Phineas
    Nia
    Last edited by erin beth; February 17th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

Hi there.

Clover and Bronte are beautiful. Here are my thoughts on your lists:

Onyx -This is cool, and it works.

Everett-This is a good strong name. Kind of a different style from Clover and Bronte, but not a deal breaker.

Tokyo-A little odd....

Brixton-No.

Sterling-I like this with your girls' names. Nice.

Everest-This is okay. You definitely think of the mount.

Nixon -No way.

Indigo-So pretty and unique. Works well.

Moxie-This would be hard to take seriously.

Quincy-Not for a girl.

Storm-Maybe for a big white dog, but not a human.

Nirvana -Way too much.

Kit-This is sort of a different style from Clover and Bronte, but it is so so cute. I prefer it as a nn. How about Katia nn Kit?

Cloud-A little out there, but I kind of like it for a boy actually. I would avoid repeating initials though, unless it's your absolute favorite.

Suggestions...

Boys:

Atlas

Espen

Esben

Felix

Soren

Girls:

Anais

Isolde

Lyra

Skye