Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top three names... which to choose?

Elsie Jade (after my favourite racehorse!) / Elsie Gwendolyn (after my beloved Nan)
    Georgina Sophie (though George is the number 1 boy choice)
    Lara Sophie

Last name has a double L sound and ends in an 'ee'

Elsie Gwendolyn is gorgeous

Little Laddies
    Asa Peregrine Jude
    Jasper Leo Augustin
    Bruno Sebastian Wilde
    Arthur Jules Hawthorn

Little Lassies
    Sylvie Ada Juniper
    Thea Marigold Noor
    June Eliza Primrose
    Etta Wildflower Jane

All about the last name for me:

If it’s two syllable, then Elsie possibly too cute

If it starts in an A (and possibly other vowels), Lara and Georgina might not sound great

If it starts in E, Elsie might not work

Then I’m not sure if the ending of Sophie goes with the -ee last name (if last name two syllable especially)

Elsie Gwendolyn flows best (depending on last name). But my personal fave is Lara Sophie then Georgina Sophie, but what about Georgina Gwen to honour your nan?
    Replying to posts to say what you made of the help should be standard NB etiquette - please reply! 🤓

I actually really like it! Thanks!

Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

Elsie Gwendolyn. For me, Nan will always trump a racehorse. Lol. I do love Elsie Jade, too.
    Son: Jac0b Milt0n
    Grandchildren: Shil0h, Nik0, Arch3r Shawn, and Jerich0 Giuseppe
    ~ 🏹 Archer, an angel that we held for 20 days 🏹 😇

Current favorites:
    Jensen, Althea, Alliyah, McKaili, Lilliana, Briar, Kiley, Madilyn, Athena
    Eli, Noah, Sebastian, Theo, McKia, Elio

Elsie Jade - the different number of syllables in each name makes it flow nicely. However, I do think Elsie is a name that will seem dated in 10-15 years. It's cute and will come and go in terms of popularity but it's not a 'classic.' Just my opinion, clearly.

Lara Sophie - I like the simple 'Lara' spelling - it seems modern and pairs nicely with the more elaborately spelled Sophie

The Gwendolyn one - I love Gwendolyn and it's very underused

I like that Elsie Gwendolyn honors a special person for you and it sounds nice. I also really like the simplicity and gentle sound of Lara Sophie. So, it's between those two for me.

Gaia . Atlas . Freyja . Emrys . Aviva . August . Juno . Freyr . Ariadne . Octavian . Sarai . Dawson . Nimue
    Ambrose . Sunniva . Aurelian . Artemisia . Hawthorne . Idony . Jesper . Leocadia . Peregrine . Amity . Wren
    Juniper . Ari . Adelaide . Tadhg . Ianthe . Jessamy . Galateia . Blythe . Noa . Malachy . Athena . Atticus

Three lovely prospects. Georgina is my personal favorite.
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

Ooh, Elsie Gwendolyn is stunning! It's definitely my favorite for you. Elsie is such a sweet, spritely first name, and Gwendolyn has such a meaningful connotation for you. It's also elegant and unique.
    Aine (she/her)

Esme Leocadia Lark *Kerensa Bloom * Juno Viveca * Vienna Soleil * Lyra Marisol * Junia Bellamy * Vega Sabine * Noor Leocadia * Bronte Olympia * Sarai Nicola * Anouk Theodosia * Geneva Lilias * Gaia Rosamund