Menu
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    To my ear, the nicknames work together, especially since the formal names are very distinctive and not all all matchy. Lola's really great with Gigi, too, if you are worried.
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

1st of all I wanted to say that all 3 of my kids I had "named" previous to finding out their gender. And 2 out of 3 times we changed it once we knew the gender and it felt more real, it suddenly becomes clear what things are important to pass on.
    I would definitely use Ann. Wouldn't use Grace, I know it's Ann 's definition but to me it makes it's significance more diluted. Plus every girl I meet this generation has the middle name Rose or Grace. Ann was so common a couple generations ago but now it's fresh.
    I think Willa Ann is really beautiful in its simplicity. So cute on a young girl, elegant on a woman.
    I also love the name Eloise and would never shorten it to Ellie. I don't think just because her sister goes by a nickname she has to. But I do also love the suggestion of Lulu. My daughter goes by Lulu. Gigi and Lulu are a bit cutesy together, yes. But, they are nicknames, nicknames are supposed to be fun and cutesy. I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker if you love Lulu. (Plus they may outgrow their nicknames. My daughter is almost 5 and is starting to prefer Lucille to Lulu already.)
    Proud Mom
    L.B.
    L.W.
    T.J.

Check out my blog at www.hiveof5.blogspot.com.

I really do like Willa Anne! It goes perfectly with Georgia, and both names feel vintage yet stylish. I don't think Eloise would automatically be shortened to Ellie, and there are plenty of other nickname options for Eloise besides that. (Lois, Elsie, Lou, Louise...) I also don't think that anyone's first instinct would be to give Eloise a nickname; it sounds great as is! One suggestion if you're concerned about the popularity of Eloise: Elodie! It's beautiful, it's sweet, it's feminine, and it's French. Elodie Anne is darling. Emmeline, Mabel, Imogen, Delilah/Delia, and Esther are similar-ish suggestions.
    Last edited by danakatherine; February 12th, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Aine, 15. Sharp-tongued, witty, driven goofball with an analytical mind. "We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." -Maya Angelou https://www.nami.org/#

Clementine Philomena Grey, Evangelia Marguerite Blythe, Delphine Rosalind Birdie, Illaria Vivienne Verity, Ambrosia Genevieve Wren, Aviva Paloma Lazuli, Celestia Calliope Blanche, Dahlia Sonnet Mireille, Valencia Carmen Noor, Agata Brigid Sarai.

Quote Originally Posted by llbaby22 View Post
    1st of all I wanted to say that all 3 of my kids I had "named" previous to finding out their gender. And 2 out of 3 times we changed it once we knew the gender and it felt more real, it suddenly becomes clear what things are important to pass on.
    I would definitely use Ann. Wouldn't use Grace, I know it's Ann 's definition but to me it makes it's significance more diluted. Plus every girl I meet this generation has the middle name Rose or Grace. Ann was so common a couple generations ago but now it's fresh.
    I think Willa Ann is really beautiful in its simplicity. So cute on a young girl, elegant on a woman.
    I also love the name Eloise and would never shorten it to Ellie. I don't think just because her sister goes by a nickname she has to. But I do also love the suggestion of Lulu. My daughter goes by Lulu. Gigi and Lulu are a bit cutesy together, yes. But, they are nicknames, nicknames are supposed to be fun and cutesy. I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker if you love Lulu. (Plus they may outgrow their nicknames. My daughter is almost 5 and is starting to prefer Lucille to Lulu already.)
    Yes! It makes such a difference when you know the gender. I’ve been playing with names all my life but it’s very different when it’s no longer hypothetical. I’m really starting to love Willa Anne. Thank you! <3