Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Willa Anne is a fine name but I do agree with you that Eloise Anne sounds better. If you're only apprehension about Eloise is the nn Ellie, then I'd say she's a winner because as others have mentioned, there's other great nicknames for this name. (Lulu is my favorite but Lola is great too, and there's other options like Lou/Louie.)

All that said, if Willa is your favorite, use it.
    If this is your last baby, you want to go with the names you really love.
    Last edited by brittanyanitarose; February 12th, 2019 at 12:28 AM.
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Isidore?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.

I think Willa Anne is cute! I also really like Eloise Anne. Also, with sister Georgia Lucy I like the combination of Willa Anne better than Willa Catherine. So, I really like both choices of Willa Anne and Eloise Anne.

Also, since you call Georgia by the nn Gigi, I feel compelled to follow suit and call Eloise with a similar nn like Cici or Lulu. There are a ton of ways to nn Eloise to suit your style that doesn’t have to be Ellie. You may end up calling her Annie

I love both options of Willa Anne or Eloise Anne - cute!!

I think Willa Anne is perfectly fine. Actually, I think it's lovely. I love Willa and Georgia together. I love the significance of Anne.

For what it's worth, I was in a similar situation when naming my first daughter. It was a non-negotiable for me to use Patricia as the middle name, and there were a lot of names I loved that sounded great with it, but they didn't necessarily "fit" my daughter once we saw her. Her first name sounds okay with Patricia, not ideal, but her name altogether makes me so happy; a first name I love for itself, a middle name I love for my family. I think you'd be really happy with Willa Anne, even if it might not be as melodic as possible.

To me, it sounds like if your contemplation of this being your last baby is prompting you to using namesake Anne in the middle, if you don't go with your personal favourite Willa as first, you will likely come to regret it. Therefore, in my opinion, Willa Anne would be perfect for you, incorporating both names you want to use, and together, they do sound really nice (not the best flow, but not at all bad, and really, how often is the full name said aloud anyway?). Also, Georgia & Willa sound brilliant together as sisters.

Puppy-Mama to my boys, Wynn & Cove

Reworking my combos...

I have a lot of thoughts -

I do not like the flow of Willa Anne, but her full name probably won't be used very often.

I prefer the name Eloise over Willa, and I think it sounds better with Anne.

I checked the popularity of Eloise and Willa. Eloise is at 190, Willa is at 454. However, Eloise sounds way different than most other popular names, but Willa sounds similar to popular names like Lily/Lilla/Lillian, Lola, Ella, etc. I feel like Eloise genuinely is the more distinct choice between the two. That said, screw popularity: it's more important for your child to stand out because of their personality rather than their first name. As for nicknames, you can call her Eloise, you can ask your family to call her Eloise, and she can ask people to call her by her full name. I know plenty of people with more formal/longer names like Elizabeth and Thomas who go exclusively by their full names, and do not shorten them.