Menu
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    That's a tough one.... if throughout your pregnancy and in the 4 weeks since your son has been born you haven't managed to find a single name you both like, it seems you may have exhausted all your options. A name one of you lots and one of you is just okay with may be as good as it gets... that said, it's such a permanent decision... he's fine without a name for 4 weeks, why not 1 more week to see if it clicks?
    Have you been calling him Noah? If not, I say reschedule and call him that for a couple days and see if that makes you like the name more or less. If you have been calling him Noah and you're still not sold, I'd say have your OH pick one of the names you like that he objects to the least and call him that a couple days... does it feel better?
    Proud Mom
    L.B.
    L.W.
    T.J.

Check out my blog at www.hiveof5.blogspot.com.

I'm totally against going with something you don't love. I'm convinced that the person carrying the baby should have the right to decide on his/her name. Besides, in the US it's the person who gave birth that is given the paperwork for the baby’s name, so it seems logical that you should be the one making the final choice.

To sum up, I don't think you should use Noah. Are there any similar names that you like? Have you considered Josiah, Bodhi, Jonah, Isaiah, Noam?

P.S. Oh, and we have a Teddy, too!
    Victoria "Vix"
    ♉︎ Cornelia Hermione Winter
    ♉︎ Endymion Atlas Faramir
    ♊︎ Baby brother or sister due in June!

♈︎ Sybilla ♋︎ Yseult ♌︎ Elsinore
    ♎︎ Galahad ♏︎ Oberon ♐︎ Lancelot

Thanks so much for your input everyone we’ve postponed it till Friday, im going to try calling him Noah for a few days see if it changes anything for me. I feel like I don’t even know what names I love anymore..so going to have a good think and write some down

I wish you the best of luck! If the name still diesn't click for you after calling him Noah for a few days then sit down with your SO and review some names that might be a blend of your tastes.

I went ahead and put Teddy (the name you both agreed on for kiddo #1) Noah, and Rex into the name generator to see what popped up and here are a few things that struck me as possibilities:

Henry
    Nolan
    Milo
    Jonah
    Wyatt
    Buster
    Harvey
    Theo
    Jude
    Sonny
    Jack
    Hunter
    Flynn
    Landon
    Roscoe
    Xander/Zander
    Barney
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Leopold?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.

[QUOTE=brittanyanitarose;4506777]I wish you the best of luck! If the name still diesn't click for you after calling him Noah for a few days then sit down with your SO and review some names that might be a blend of your tastes.

Thank you 😊 Henry is one of the middle names! My SO wanted to call Teddy Sonny but I didn’t like it and then I liked it for this one and my SO didnt, so weird! We did like Jude too but it doesnt work with our surname.. Will have a look at the others, Roscoe is cute!?