• Phaedra

34 41.98%
  • Hestia

14 17.28%
  • Persephone

39 48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I voted for Cressida, Phaedra, and Lorelie - I prefer the Lorelei spelling.

My daughter is called Lorelei and we get lots of nice comments on how unusual and pretty it is, some people mention gilmore girls but not many and it's never negative. It's definitely not a name you hear a lot of we haven't met any others so far, my daughter is 3.

Thanks for everyone’s input x I’m having a c-section on Monday & my husband & I have made a pact to have 24 hours with her before going firm on a name x

This may be offbeat, but while I think the sound of Phaedra fits well w/her sisters' names, it's only two syllables long & the others are 4, 4, & 3. Would Fiona work for a similar sound but longer name?

Like others, I'd skip Hestia because of already having a name beginning w/H, plus at least for me it seems slight in sound when compared to the others. I'd also skip Cressida because of already having a name beginning w/C.

That leaves Lorelie & Persephone...my favorite is Persephone: 4 syllables, different first initial, & enough familiarity w/the name to make it easier for most people to spell & pronounce it. Additionally, then you'd have two names that end in -a & two that end in -e.

If you really like Lorelie, I'd use the traditional spelling of Lorelei...autocorrect kept changing the spelling each time I typed the name, & I think enough people are familiar w/Lorelei to not have issues w/the spelling. Plus the traditional spelling of Lorelei goes nicely w/the mythological background of Sibylla. A bonus w/Lorelei is that the ending is not an -a, so that you'd have two sisters whose names end in -a, one in -e, & one in -i. As far as the Gilmore Girls references, I believe the show has been off the air for a while, so the association should be diminishing.

Good luck & please let us know what you choose!
    Mom of Kiersten Elizabeth, aka Kit

*Alexandria*Bryony*Cecelia*Deirdre*Emiliana*France sca*Holly*Isa*Jemima*Kyra*Larissa*Phoebe*Renée*Sa brina*Silvie*Tamsin*Willow*Wren*

*Alasdair*Archer*Brendan*Colin*Dominic*Evan*Holden *James (nn Jamie)*Ian*Karl*Theodore*

I would go Lorelie (LOR-lai?)

You already have H and C names, and Persephone sounds a bit like Hermione. Phaedra makes 3 names ending in -a, which I personally wouldn't like, but it's ultimately your choice!

Cressida would be perfect with Cordelia, Hermione and Sybilla!
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Ffion + Isabel + Zuelia + Robin
    GP Crushes: Xiomara + Zena + Moon + Imre + Zebulon

I love Cordelia, Hermione, and Sybilla as a sibset-- great names! I voted for Phaedra as the best option out of your short list as it has the Greek connection. Lorelei would be second. While I like some of the other names, I wouldn't do the same starting initial so this eliminates Cressida and Hestia. Then Persephone and Herminone have the same ending sound so I wouldn't use that either. I don't think any of the names are too popular so I would not worry about this. Would you consider Pandora? That's my first choice for a sister name for this sibset.

Some other possibilties:

Cordelia, Hermione, Sybilla, and

Antonia
    Araminta
    Augusta
    Davina
    Demeter
    Despoina
    Dorothea
    Edwina
    Evanthe
    Frederica
    Guinevere
    Imogen
    Ivelisse
    Jacinda
    Jemima
    Jocasta
    Lavinia
    Letitia
    Lucinda
    Lucretia
    Marina
    Minerva
    Octavia
    Olympia
    Paloma
    Perdita
    Philippa
    Theodosia
    Valerie
    Veronica
    Winifred
    Xanthe

They all go well, but I went with Phaedra because it "mushes" together least with the other names. Basically saying it has some distinct sounds.