Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Opinions on our top 4 baby girl names! :)

Hello nameberry crew!

We are looking for some opinions on our top 4 name choices for our baby girl arriving in a few weeks:

1) Madison (Maddie)
    2) Penelope (Penny)
    3) Scarlett
    4) Celeste

Possible middle names: Joy, Jean, Rose, Dawn

Would love to know your thoughts - we are having a tough time choosing!!

From your list, my favourite is Scarlett! Scarlett Rose would be lovely! I also like Penelope Jean as a combo.

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

First of all, they're all pretty names and I don't think you can go wrong.

Madison - I'm in my 20s, and I know so many Madisons / Madelines / Madelyns / Maddies / Maddys, I don't really love it anymore. That said, I don't know how many baby Maddie's are being born in 2019, so it could still be ok.

Penelope - I think Penny is my favourite from your list. I like that she's got a long name, but can easily shorten it, and that you've picked the most obvious nickname, which will save her years of effort of - "I know Penny makes sense, but I actually go by Lola" etc.

Scarlett - A pretty name, I feel it's somewhat dated.

Celeste - I just prefer the sound of Penelope to the sound of Celeste.

Eliza, Adeline, Felicity, Flora, Sophie, Beatrice, Rosalie, Harriet
    Charlie, Henry, Edwin, Felix, Lachlan, Leo, Wyatt,

Out of the options I think Celeste is the prettiest and also goes well with the others

Celeste and Penelope are both beyond gorgeous. I love nn Penny for Penelope, and I love how unique Celeste is, without being weird or unfamiliar.

I think Penelope "Penny" Joy and Celeste Dawn are the loveliest of your options.

Scarlett is pretty too, but Penelope and Celeste are just so stunning that Scarlett is #3 for me.

Madison comes in at a distant #4 for me. I know sooooooooo many, ranging in age from 0-30. When I've met ever so many, it doesn't feel special anymore, but that's just me.

PS. I really like the wonderful combined meaning of Celeste Dawn - Heavenly morning.
    Our rainbow baby - Jane Ada Kathryn
    February 2017

Little brother or sister arriving August 2019.

For a little brother...Desmond, Gareth, or Rory

For a little sister...Daphne, Phoebe, Rosalind, or Rosemary

I love Penelope best from your list. Penelope Joy would be my pick. It is classic and on-trend, the nickname gives it versatility, and it works well with all of your middle name choices. My second choice would be Scarlett Jean.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

Oh wow - thanks so much for the awesome feedback thus far It is so great to hear your impressions!! Claireelisewren I had never thought about celeste dawn as heavenly morning - lovely!!

I love Penelope!! Penelope Joy or Penelope Jean would be lovely!!
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Scout Elodie
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about...
    Tyra Mabel|Skye Miriam|Lois Winter|Anya Ottillie
    Quinn Barnaby|Silas Peregrine|Teddy Linus|Klaus Raphael

Scarlett Joy is stunning!
    In all things we are more than conquerors in Christ who loves us.- Rom. 8:37

Erin, 28, born with Spina Bifida, Jesus and name lover.

Juliet Hope, Carys Noelle, Elodie Winter, Charlotte Everly, Lydia Colette, Linnea wren, Colette Victoria, Stella Bridget, Lacy Madeline, Savannah Eden

Wesley Jay, Elliott Jude, Dawson Riley, Roman Grant, Asher Elliott, Evan Parker, Rhys Beckham, Josiah Liam, Riley Blake, Ronan Drew

You have a lovely list, and your daughter is going to have a lovely name.

Madison (Maddie): While this is a nice name, I just don't see it as fitting with your style. It's extremely popular, being within the top 20, and being 15, I've known so many that I've lost its luster. In addition, many of the names you like are timeless, where Madison seems tied to a specific era. It's also far less distinctively feminine than the other three names you like, and is very unisex. My favorite Madison combos are Madson Joy and Madison Rose.
    Penelope (Penny): This is such a striking, beautiful name. It is quite popular, but not so much as Madison, and fits with the feminine, ethereal style you love. Penelope Jean is my favorite because Penelope is contemporary but classic, and Jean is vintage and tailored. I also adore Penelope Joy (the "o" sounds!) and Penelope Dawn!
    Scarlett: I love this name. It is so feminine, lush, and beautiful. It's also very much a classic. Scarlett Rose is my favorite combo because of the color connection between the two; "Red Rose" is such an awesome meaning!
    Celeste: This might be my favorite for you. Etheral, bright, long history of use, and striking. I like the suggestion of Celeste Dawn a lot, but I also like Celeste Joy.
    Aine (she/her)

Esme Leocadia Lark *Kerensa Bloom * Juno Viveca * Vienna Soleil * Lyra Marisol * Junia Bellamy * Vega Sabine * Noor Leocadia * Bronte Olympia * Sarai Nicola * Anouk Theodosia * Geneva Lilias * Gaia Rosamund