Menu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What two names are perfect together??? And how is that name pronounced???

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom18 View Post
    What two names are perfect together??? And how is that name pronounced???
    I meant that I think Avelyn and Elliana are perfect as sisters. Avienda is pronounced Ah-vee-end-uh, and Avenida is pronounced Ah-ven-ee-duh.
    Aine (she/her)

Kerensa Bloom * Juno Veronica * Vienna Soleil * Lyra Marisol * Junia Bellamy * Vega Sabine * Noor Leocadia * Bronte Olympia * Sarai Nicola * Anouk Theodosia * Geneva Lilias * Gaia Rosamund

To my eye Avelyn is prettier, & I think both Avie & Vivi work as nicknames.

A previous suggestion of Octavia sounds fantastic w/Eliana IMO, & Avie & Vivi would still work as nicknames.
    Mom of Kiersten Elizabeth, aka Kit

*Alexandria*Bryony*Cecelia*Deirdre*Emiliana*France sca*Holly*Isa*Jemima*Kyra*Larissa*Phoebe*Renée*Sa brina*Silvie*Tamsin*Willow*Wren*

*Alasdair*Archer*Brendan*Colin*Dominic*Evan*Holden *James (nn Jamie)*Ian*Karl*Theodore*

Thanks guys!! I’m not a fan of Octavia But am really liking Avelyn. Do you guys think Aviva or Avelyn is nicer!????

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom18 View Post
    Thanks guys!! I’m not a fan of Octavia But am really liking Avelyn. Do you guys think Aviva or Avelyn is nicer!????
    That's a tough one, but I've always loved Aviva. Both names have some of the same fantastic sounds, but I prefer the flow of Aviva, and its liveliness.
    Aine (she/her)

Kerensa Bloom * Juno Veronica * Vienna Soleil * Lyra Marisol * Junia Bellamy * Vega Sabine * Noor Leocadia * Bronte Olympia * Sarai Nicola * Anouk Theodosia * Geneva Lilias * Gaia Rosamund

Thank you! . Anyone else have an opinion. I’d love to hear it

I like Aveline a lot and I pronounce it 'Av-uh-lin'.
    "Mightier than the waves of the sea is His love." Psalm 93:4

ember lynn. everly grace. indie mae. coralie wren.
    wilder reed. archer wade. ridge matthew. everett jude.

I would have assumed Avelyn was pronounced AY-vuh-luhn (like Avon).

I'm never sure whether Aveline is Av(a as in cat)-vuh-line or Av-uh-leen. I've never heard any spelling pronounced as 'Arv' at the start. (Is that what you mean by 'Ah'?)

I know a little Avelinn pronounced AYV-luhn.

Frankly, for me, there is such a mish-mash of spellings and pronunciations of this group of names that I'd be running a mile from them.

Honestly I don't find the pronunciation of Avelyn super intuitive. That's true of many names and not a huge deal but worth consideration.

I really like Aviva with Elliana. Sounds like a sophisticated princess.

Vivian or Aviva with the nickname Vivi is so pretty! Such an adorable name with big sister Eliana!

I do like Avalon but I think the spelling and pronunciation issues with Avalyn would keep me from using it.