Menu
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Love love love Arthur Bowie Finn and Walter Bowie Finn! Walter and Violet sound like the most delightful sibling set.

And believe it or not, but my husband is a huge Bowie fan, too. We even used to have a poster of him on our kitchen wall...
    Victoria "Vix"
    ♉︎ Cornelia Hermione Winter
    ♉︎ Endymion Atlas Faramir
    ♊︎ Baby brother or sister due in June!

♈︎ Sybilla ♋︎ Yseult ♌︎ Elsinore
    ♎︎ Galahad ♏︎ Oberon ♐︎ Lancelot

Quote Originally Posted by greensparkles View Post
    George and Jude would sound great too but we want to keep a Finn name as a middle option for honour reason and just because we love it lol.
    I totally understand!

Also, which names are your struggling with nicknames for? We had a similar dilemma with some relatives not liking our son's name so I know the importance of having a nickname that bridges the gap.
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Leopold?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.

Quote Originally Posted by thefairophelia View Post
    Love love love Arthur Bowie Finn and Walter Bowie Finn! Walter and Violet sound like the most delightful sibling set.

And believe it or not, but my husband is a huge Bowie fan, too. We even used to have a poster of him on our kitchen wall...
    I love Walter but I do have concerns that it’s not due it’s comeback yet, as another poster also mentioned.

DH is very pleased with the love for Bowie lol. I didn’t think it was going to be well received especially paired with more traditional first names but somehow it works.
    Violet Felicity Cara
    our little rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by brittanyanitarose View Post
    I totally understand!

Also, which names are your struggling with nicknames for? We had a similar dilemma with some relatives not liking our son's name so I know the importance of having a nickname that bridges the gap.
    We were struggling with a nickname for Miles. I feel for you! My MIL outright refuses to call her Violet but at least we’ve got her using a nickname for it rather than addressing her by her middle name or a nickname for it instead.
    Violet Felicity Cara
    our little rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by quirkflower View Post
    Thoughts on your revised list:

Arthur: Lovely with Violet, but what nickname would you use? Art? The only middle name pairing I would cut is Arthur Finley Jude. Finley just feels a little bit trendier than the other options, which are all nice.

Edmund: I like Edmund and I love it with Violet. Again, I'm curious about your nickname choice. Ed? Ned? I like Edmund Oliver Finn and Edmund Tobias Finn, but I like how Tobias feels a little more unexpected.

Theodore: Theodore is lovely with Violet, and this seems like it might already be your top pick. Would he be a Theo or a Teddy? I think I prefer Teddy, but Letty and Teddy are a little close.

Walter: Not a fan of Walter, personally. I don't think it's quite ready for a comeback, and it always makes me think of Walt Disney.

I like Theodore Bowie Finn best for you, followed by either of the Edmund options.
    I’m honestly not too fussed about nicknames as I think they’ll choose to go by whatever they like best eventually anyway. As long as we don’t outright dislike them, I’m not fussed. We never thought about them with Violet until after she was here and MIL started using one (as she doesn’t like Violet) and as I don’t see any name that she didn’t choose being good enough, I’d like to be well equipped in saying “You can call him/her X, Y, Z instead then”. Although, I do see us using Theo over Teddy for Theodore as it just seems more natural to me.

As much as I love Walter, I see what you mean. Arthur and Theodore seem to be much more in tune with Violet.
    Violet Felicity Cara
    our little rainbow