Menu

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    How is everyone doing?

Over here things are better than they were a few weeks ago. Got some time off coming up together with SO, we're planning on finally finishing the nursery. I feel like we're running out of time and I've been buying lots of baby stuff. It's not a bad feeling, I didn't feel like nesting before, and now it feels like this is finally getting "real".
    Still not 100% sure about baby's name though.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Víkingur * Ragnar * Addai * Dov * Bergur * Kjartan * Diethard * Mattias
    Zusa * Aramina * Eugenia * Karolina * Marganita * Elisabet * Júlirós

I've been doing great. I'm 29 wks and 6 days today. I had an ultrasound last week and prenatal. Little bean is doing awesome. She was a bit on the small side they said, but fine. Working and getting ready to do the nursery. I feel like everyone here doesnt find putting that together as an essential to baby anymore. They're always like they sleep in your room for the first few months anyways. Like yes, she will but still. Do you think it should be done before or does it matter to you? To me personally I'd like it all done before she arrives. Less stress.

That's about it. I hope everyone else is doing great too!
    Anthony Michael - Abel James - Callahan Jacoby
    Declan Joseph - Dominik Arthur - Xavier Thomas
    Malcolm Tobias - Lucas Paul - Archer Callum
    Killian Isaac

Eloise Grace - Thea Lux - Elleanora Ruth
    Annika Felicity Snow - Freya Kathleen
    Audra Magnolia - Sadie Leona
    Calla Jade - Jayda Louise Storm

expecting baby girl october 2019
    Margaret "Maggie" Kate

italicized names are honor names

@brigx: I want to have the nursery ready before baby arrives, even though he'll be sleeping with us for a few months. I think it's more of a symbolic thing, to make sure everything's ready to welcome him and give him his own space. It also helps Hjörtur to understand and realize that he'll have a baby brother soon, and he can help out with getting things ready for the nursery, which makes him feel involved.

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

@rosebeth That's great that you get some time off to get the nursery ready. Everything is starting to feel rushed and urgent over here too, but really we still have 2 more months so there's plenty of time!

@brigx I like to have the nursery ready before baby gets here. We keep baby in our room the first few months or so, but I nurse and change diapers and store a lot of baby items in the nursery. It's not the worst thing if it's not set up before the baby gets here, but it's a lot easier to do it now.

I didn't realize how long it's been since I last updated. We now have a set date for our repeat c section. Unless Lucy decides to come sooner her birthday will be October 7th! We're going to be moving Clara out of the nursery either tonight or this weekend so we can start cleaning out and setting up the nursery for Lucy. Alice keeps talking about how she loves her sisters "with her whole heart!" and it makes me so happy! We're watching the Daniel Tiger episode where he gets a baby sister and the girls love it.

Hope everyone is doing alright! It's not too much longer anymore!
    Alice Caroline 2016
    Clara Linda 2018
    Lucy Danielle coming October 2019

@cyoung: that's so cute of Alice. Hjörtur seems very excited about meeting his baby brother. I hope things will go well once baby is here, because Hjörtur is a very sensitive child, he doesn't cope well with chaos and loud noises, so this could be a problem with a baby in the house.

Today I'm 28 weeks and 2 days along. I've got one more week of vacation left, and after that it's pretty much a straight line until baby is born. It all feels very real now. The thing that's causing me the most anxiety at this moment is that baby is still nameless, since I cannot decide on a name. Nothing feels quite right. SO is more relaxed about this, but it's really bothering me.

I'm 33 weeks now. The 32 week ultrasound was good, but then I got sent to OB triage for my blood pressure being too high at my next appointment. Luckily I got released because all the labs were fine except I was dehydrated which is probably what caused my BP to be higher. But it does make the impending birth very real to me because with my last pregnancy, I got induced less than 3 weeks after I was initially sent to OB triage for BP issues. I'm not really doing the traditional nursery because baby will be sleeping with me and then we'll move him to what is currently the guestroom which my MIL uses a lot when he is big enough to need a crib. But I am finishing up getting the stuff we need for baby and setting it up.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9865107
    My little boy blue Indigo Robert
    If we had a girl tomorrow Majorelle Anne
    "Maggie"
    http://www.howtopronounce.com/french/majorelle/

Hi everyone! Definitely feel like things are moving faster. It feels more urgent/real now that I'm officially in the third trimester. We haven't bought many things yet, but I have mostly everything picked out. A nursery isn't really an option here for us - the baby will be in our room in a crib for the first year at least. We have 3 bedrooms, and my 2 older children each have their own rooms. Once the baby is 2 or so he can share with Tiberius, and maybe we can split the rooms again when Utopia leaves for college (only 4 years away, so crazy).

Things have gotten more stressful because it looks like I won't be able to go back to work after maternity leave - my boss has expressed concern that I will need time (a whole 15 minutes once a day, ffs) each afternoon to pump, and also expressed that she is uncomfortable with me taking 12 weeks off. I'd be forced to take a paycut upon returning. I'm paid hourly, no benefits, and I don't make enough to afford childcare... so it looks like I'm going to try to be self-employed again. Really disappointed in my boss honestly - we've been working together in the classroom for 4 years, and I've talked a lot about my desires to have more children and what that would mean for me in terms of time off, etc - she never gave any indication that she would be anything but supportive. Oh well.

In other news, the name front is still murky waters - I've been set on Ulysses for at least 2 years, but my husband has never really cared for it. He always just kind of shrugged and said ok and that it would grow on him, and has never enjoyed talking about names so didn't really have any other names to put on the table.Well, turns out he's really not okay with it and it isn't growing on him. He's ok with it as a middle name, but there's really nothing I like better as a first. His favorite is Dorian and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Right now we have tentatively agreed on Atlas, but I'm not 100% sold. Nothing I find feels right. LOL I should ask the Name Sage for advice but my name taste is so... unique. I wasn't able to settle on a name for my son until literally the night before I went in to be induced so I know I still have time, but still. Our name tastes are very different. We'll find something but I am pretty sad about not getting to use Ulysses as a first

Other than that, I feel great and things are progressing well. Summer is flying by and I'm having a ton of fun with my summer kids. We are doing tie dye (last week and this week) and the kids are each doing a onesie for me in addition to the things they are dying for themselves. I have some other plain white clothing showing up soon to dye, so at least I know he'll have clothing to wear!
    Auriel Rene Rose
    Utopia Xanadu ('04) | Tiberius Apollo ('09)
    Due Nov 2019: Atlas Ulysses

Veridian Elora Luna // Aristeia Éowyn Skye
    Astraea . Andromeda . Illyria . Artemis .
    Adora . Daenerys . Ilia . Nymeria . Nemea . Lyra . Theta . Phaedra . Zephyr

Rubeus Escher Eridani
    Atreides . Aurelius . Valen .
    Caladan . Cousteau . Calisto . Ignatius . Octavian . Zephyr . Marius . Lucian

Ooh @bluedanube that tie dying sounds so much fun! I'm sorry the naming difficulties are coming but I'm sure you'll find the right fit when baby arrives. Good luck! But mostly I just want to say that your situation with your boss makes me so angry! I feel so terribly for you! If you're in the US, not allowing employees up to 12 weeks FMLA is illegal unless a company is small, as is not allowing breaks for breastfeeding mothers to pump, and even though some states don't require 15 to 30 minutes for breaks most decent companies allow it. So your boss may or may not be doing illegal things, but she is definitely doing morally abhorrent things. Not that it should make you WANT to work for some with that kind of lack of ethics. I wish you the absolute best in your self employment!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9865107
    My little boy blue Indigo Robert
    If we had a girl tomorrow Majorelle Anne
    "Maggie"
    http://www.howtopronounce.com/french/majorelle/

@bluedanube: I have the same naming problem. All of the names I truly love are Icelandic names, which SO likes but doesn't love. We both like Vincent a lot, but it feels too plain next to Hjörtur and the other names on my list. We have a shortlist including Zohar, Baltasar and recently Barnabas, but I'm not sure I really, really love any of these. SO likes more popular names like Noah and Simon, which are lovely names, but I can't imagine them on my son and I don't want him to be in daycare with three other Simons. He also likes more obviously Jewish names like Baruch and Moshe, nice names too, but we're Catholics and not practicing Jews, so it feels a bit strange to use those. It's driving me crazy.

@orchid_lover : the company I work for is tiny - we're a nonprofit with maybe 6 direct employees. So they are too small to be covered under FMLA, but like... human decency I would think would win out especially since we run a preschool! Like I said, very disappointed in her. The break for pumping thing makes me so mad too, it would not be a huge issue at all and she's just kind of being really weird about it. "I'm not trying to push you out," she says, as she expresses discomfort with literally every aspect of what it means to be a working mother with an infant. LOL. I did nanny/preschool unlicensed daycare from home when my daughter was little and I was pregnant with my son, so I'm not too worried about it, it's just aggravating because I really love what I do and I've developed close relationships with a lot of my students and parents that I don't want to lose. Sigh. The only constant in life is change, right??

@rosebeth : isn't it aggravating to like a name but not feel in love with it? And I definitely feel like it is so hard to match with a sibling that has a unique or strong name. There are a lot of names that I think are perfectly lovely, but can't imagine them on my own child, especially next to my other two. You know, it's funny about Baltasar - my husband likes Balthazar and I don't, but I think it sounds fantastic with Hjörtur. I like to have things figured out, so I know how frustrating that is to not have the right name pinned down yet. For us, Atlas is a compromise - it's not either of our very favorite names, but we both like it. So for now, that's what we are running with. No clue if we'll find something better between now and November but it feels good to have something we've agreed on. I agree with you that it would feel a little strange to use a Jewish name if you aren't practicing, but if it is about cultural heritage for you or SO, I think it could be fine especially in a middle spot. An Icelandic first that you can both agree is nice and sounds good with Hjörtur and a Jewish middle that SO is very fond of could be a good compromise, and would certainly give him a name rich with meaning and culture! I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure we will both figure it out by the time November comes around!
    Auriel Rene Rose
    Utopia Xanadu ('04) | Tiberius Apollo ('09)
    Due Nov 2019: Atlas Ulysses

Veridian Elora Luna // Aristeia Éowyn Skye
    Astraea . Andromeda . Illyria . Artemis .
    Adora . Daenerys . Ilia . Nymeria . Nemea . Lyra . Theta . Phaedra . Zephyr

Rubeus Escher Eridani
    Atreides . Aurelius . Valen .
    Caladan . Cousteau . Calisto . Ignatius . Octavian . Zephyr . Marius . Lucian