Menu
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Babies due October-December 2019

Looks like it's time to start up this group! I am currently pregnant with baby #3 and my due date is October 12 based on my LMP. I have a dating ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks so I'll have a better idea soon enough. I am a mixed bag of excited and freaking out. We will have 3 under 3 and I'm not sure we're prepared for that chaos! I look forward to meeting all you lovely mamas and congratulations on your pregnancies!
    Alice Caroline 2016
    Clara Linda 2018
    Baby Due October 2019

Ruby Danielle ~ Ruby Elizabeth
    David Frederik ~ Oliver Daniel

Thank you for starting this thread! I'll join you I'm also nervous about the added chaos, even though it will just be two under 4. Everyone says adding a family member is scary but somehow the love always grows. I am 32, DH is 45, I have 2 adult stepchildren and a 3 year old son. Our older-ish ages have me a little paranoid about MC. Otherwise, I'm a lot more calm this time around having done it before and using the same OBGYN office (they are great).

I'm the sole breadwinner, DH is a SAHD, and last time I was put on disability (bedrest) at 35 weeks due to hypertension. Our policies at work regarding maternity leave have improved since last time around, but I still need to make it almost 34 weeks without being put on disability to have enough to cover my full paycheck for the entire leave...it would drop to 70% if I am disabled before then. Because of this, I'm doing everything I can to stay healthy. I've been pretty consistent with cardio exercise the past year and I've finally started doing core strengthening (I like this video called Katrina Fitness on Amazon...it's easy pilates/yoga).

Last time the OBGYN had me wait until 8 weeks to come in, but they had me come immediately this time and did my bloodwork, gave me some handouts and scheduled my 8 week ultrasound. EDD based on LMP is 10/2. I'm glad I had that "what to do if..." handout because the other night I had spotting after my elliptical workout. So that calmed me down a bit (it said we don't have to come in if it's just spotting without cramping) No cramping whatsoever, but I still will be much more relieved after that 8 week ultrasound to make sure all is well. It's Feb 22. My Clearblue with weeks indicator finally came the other day and I used it the morning after the spotting. It said 3+ which means my hcg is over 2400, which is where it should be at 6 weeks. So that was a nice reassurance. Side note--I'm so annoyed that the Clearblues were pulled in the US! I got one from the UK off ebay which is why it took some time to come in the mail. Seems they were pulled from the market because people couldn't be bothered to read the instructions to find out that 3+ weeks on the test means 5+ weeks LMP. Grr.

I can't wait to see more BFPs! It's so nice to have somewhere to vent a bit, especially since we're not telling many people yet.

Hello all! I'm also cautiously joining this thread as our daughter is getting a baby brother or sister this October. So excited!

@lovejoy & orchid_lover Welcome and congratulations!

@orchid_lover I didn't even realize that the Clearblue weeks estimator tests were taken away! I looked at Target yesterday simply because I would have liked the peace of mind and they weren't there. I've been loving our little family of four and I almost feel sad that things will change soon. I know bringing another baby into the family will be hard for a while, but in the end I know I'll love it too. You might have a fantastic helper on your hands too. Alice has always wanted to help with her little sister but really there's not too much a 2 year old can do. I imagine a 4 year old would be much better or at least be able to play more independently while you're busy with the baby.
    Alice Caroline 2016
    Clara Linda 2018
    Baby Due October 2019

Ruby Danielle ~ Ruby Elizabeth
    David Frederik ~ Oliver Daniel

Welcome and congratulations @lovejoy! Hope all goes well.

Yes, I'm hopeful that Indy will take to being a big brother well. He displays a surprising amount of empathy towards crying babies, real or on TV, lol. Our close friends have girls that are less than 2.5 years apart and we're trying to take some "what NOT to do notes" hoping to prevent some sibling jealousy like what is going on there. Indy is quite happy to play independently which I think is a big part of preventing some jealousy. I really hope we can get him into preschool in the fall! He is quite social and loves to go "dancing with his friends" aka library storytime.

Does anyone know if NIPT testing is being covered by insurance or if it's still just high-risk pregnancies? That's a big question I have for the 8 week appointment.