Menu
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    @brigx: if you feel like Eloise is right for her, than I'd say: just go for it. Your family will get used to it once they get to know her, and I'm pretty sure they'll even like it. When we weren't sure what to name this baby we've also tried calling him by different names on our list, until we found the one that felt right.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Johannes * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Alfred Leopold * Vincent Rikard

Beatrice Ondine * Greta Nineveh * Lavinia Maria * Freya Lilitu * Magdalene Katarina

Víkingur * Ephraim * Addai * Zohar * Bergur * Ragnar * Kjartan
    Hildur * Lotta * Aramina * Vaka * Eugenia * Karolina * Ísrún

@brigx, Eloise is a perfectly beautiful name and I adore the Eloise at the Plaza reference. Honestly, at the end of the day this baby girl is yours and though family input is important, I swear any name you choose they'll end up loving because it'll be associated with the little person they will love. My husband's family are quite opinionated and they were appalled when we announced our son would be an Abel. They said it was ugly, that the name only had bad associations and people would tease him. Nowadays they adore it... Go figure!
    🌼 Bell 🌼
    Mommy to four and counting

Lily & Cora
    Hugo & Abel

It's a BOY!
    Wren Theodore |Wren Christopher | Wren Sebastian
    Otis Jasper | Otis Barnaby | Otis Lysander
    Theo Caspar | Theo Frederick | Theo Sebastian

A girl would have been: Jane Lavender

@brigx, I love Eloise! I think it's cute and spunky and if that's the feeling you get from your baby, go for it. I love the nickname options for Eloise too. It's a classic fun name.

We named our first daughter Daisy, mainly because of the positive feeling we got from that name. We also loved that it seemed vintage and was easy to say and spell. It just felt like our daughter's name after going through SO. MANY. OPTIONS. There there a few raised eyebrows ("Is that a family name?" Sometimes I would respond, "It is now!") but everyone got on board quickly. She is 15 months now and has the sunniest, happiest personality. Her name suits her so perfectly and I love it more every day. She even says it now. DAY-zee. So cute.

I found out that the baby I'm expecting late November is a boy! It took me a minute, because I was expecting it would be another girl for some reason. But I'm super excited about it and just a little more all over the place with the names. I think we will find something that will go perfectly with Daisy though. Naming is my favorite part!

@june1070: Daisy is such a lovely name! It's so cute when they first start saying their own name, isn't it? I once got the stupidest reaction from one of neighbors to Hjörtur's name. She said "it's so complicated, can he even pronounce his own name?" Of course he can, he speaks Icelandic, it's not like those are completely unfamiliar sounds to him
    And congrats on your boy! Any ideas on what you'll name him yet?
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Johannes * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Alfred Leopold * Vincent Rikard

Beatrice Ondine * Greta Nineveh * Lavinia Maria * Freya Lilitu * Magdalene Katarina

Víkingur * Ephraim * Addai * Zohar * Bergur * Ragnar * Kjartan
    Hildur * Lotta * Aramina * Vaka * Eugenia * Karolina * Ísrún

Hello all! I previously posted on a couple other due date or TTC boards, but have had a few miscarriages. I figure it's time to introduce myself since I'm 14 weeks now, due Dec 11. We just did the Harmony test and everything looks good, it's time to think about names! I find thinking about names fun while TTC and stressful when actually expecting. At least I have lots of lists.

Best wishes to all!
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas