Menu

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Congratulations @brigx @bell's garden and @jackiebroadway!

So our son was born on Saturday October 5th at 3:09 AM. I had some contractions on Friday, but I thought they were just braxton hicks contractions. But on Friday evening they were very regular, about every 5 minutes, and I realized that this was probably it... Fortunately Hjörtur was with his dad anyway, so we didn't have to worry about dropping him off and raced straight to the hospital. We arrived there at around 11:30 PM and less than 4 hours later our son was born, after just three pushes. We named him Barnabas Húni (for the meaning behind his name you can check the birth announcements). He was born at 35 weeks and 2 days, but was doing good. He stayed in the hospital for 6 days and last Friday we were able to bring him home. Hjörtur adores his little brother, but I think he's a bit disappointed he can't really play with him yet. He does help us out with changing Barnabas, and loves to show him things.

@bluedanube: I quite like Virgil. I'm not sure where you live, but if it's an English speaking country I'd worry about the teasing potential (virgin?). For us that wouldn't be an issue, given where we live. And on the whole I think Virgil would work very well on a little boy.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Ephraim Óli * Thaddeus Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

33 Weeks today! DH has the carseat installed and the crib and bassinet put together. Still haven't selected a name, we have a shortlist, but they're losing their shine for me.
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas

WE HAVE A NAME!

LOL I am feeling so much better with this decided. My husband agreed that we could use my favorite first name if we use the middle name he wants, so the name we have arrived at is:

Ulysses Cain.

I'm over the moon that he will be named Ulysses. I really could not find any other name that had that "feels right" feeling to me.

In other news... 37 weeks. Feeling pretty good, but All the Things still aren't done. My last day at work is this Friday, so hopefully he doesn't decide to come early and I can finish things up. Excited to meet him, but I wouldn't mind if he hangs out for an extra week or so before deciding to show up LOL.

How is everybody doing with their new arrivals? So excited for everyone here <3
    Auriel Rene Rose
    Utopia Xanadu ('04) | Tiberius Apollo ('09)
    Due Nov 2019: Ulysses Cain

Veridian Elora Luna // Aristeia Éowyn Skye
    Astraea. Andromeda. Illyria. Artemis.
    Adora. Daenerys. Ilia. Nymeria. Nemea. Lyra. Theta. Phaedra. Zephyr.

Rubeus Escher Eridani
    Atlas. Atreides. Aurelius. Valen.
    Caladan. Cousteau. Calisto. Ignatius. Octavian. Zephyr. Marius. Lucian.

@theofania, getting the right name is so hard!! Is your shortlist in your signature? I am especially drawn to Helena and Alden with Thalia, for some reason. Anything picked for a middle name? I know some people pick honor names for the middle spot and that can help with the first name.

The name was literally the hardest thing for me! Which I never expected it to be hard to pick a name but I literally had free range since I was the only opinion. It took me months to decide on a name i felt was just right. I tossed around so many and i wanted one that felt connected to my family, mainly my moms side. I always wanted to honor my grandmother, but after some issues with that decision, i decided to honor her in a different way. I went with her mothers name, margaret.

Out of your signature, I love sylvie. It's so timeless. I also love love linnea. Those are both on my long list.
    Helena I agree with @bluedanube as well. It would be another timeless classic choice that stands well in any age.
    Anthony Michael - Abel James - Callahan Jacoby
    Declan Joseph - Dominik Arthur - Xavier Thomas
    Malcolm Tobias - Lucas Paul - Archer Callum
    Killian Isaac

Eloise Grace - Thea Lux - Elleanora Ruth
    Annika Felicity Snow - Freya Kathleen
    Audra Magnolia - Sadie Leona
    Calla Jade - Jayda Louise Storm

Margaret "Maggie" Kate
    October 9th 2019

italicized names are honor names

@bluedanube: I'm so happy for you that you get to use Ulysses! It's a wonderful name, and Ulysses Cain is just stunning.

Chosing a name was very, very difficult. With Hjörtur it was so much easier... Hjörtur's dad and I had very different tastes, so in the beginning I thought we'd never find a name we both liked. In the end it actually proved to be an advantage, because we had a short list and not too many names to chose from. Hjörtur felt right for both of us and holds so much meaning to me, I was over the moon that my ex husband loved it too.
    This time around, with Barnabas, it was much more difficult. SO loves looking for names, making lists etc. which is great, but in the end we had such a long list of names we both liked that it was nearly impossible to pick one. So we narrowed it down by adding more criteria and in the end we went with what felt right. SO was convinced we should use Barnabas, but I was terrified of what people would think of it. That didn't bother SO at all, and in the end I just put my fear aside and went with a name I love.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & Barnabas Húni

Ephraim Óli * Thaddeus Hreinn * Vignir Ulysses * Nikolai Svani * Zalman Torfi
    Ondine Lilach * Lucinde Meital * Mareva Bluma * Lavinia Perle * Magdalene Dune

Quote Originally Posted by bluedanube View Post
    @theofania, getting the right name is so hard!! Is your shortlist in your signature? I am especially drawn to Helena and Alden with Thalia, for some reason. Anything picked for a middle name? I know some people pick honor names for the middle spot and that can help with the first name.
    Well, Alden is out, we know we're having a girl :-D The middle name will be Chinese, my in laws are helping us select it. The husband approved short list at the moment is

Athena
    Sylvia
    Zoe
    Irene
    Elena

I've grown to love Thalia's name so much, it's hard to choose another name, even though I was just as indecisive with her, lol!
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas