Menu

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    @theofania: welcome! I'm sorry you had to go through some difficult times. I'm the same when it comes to thinking about names. I loved making lists when we were TTC (and even before that), but it's much more stressful when you're actually expecting.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Víkingur * Ragnar * Addai * Dov * Bergur * Kjartan * Diethard * Mattias
    Zusa * Aramina * Eugenia * Karolina * Marganita * Elisabet * Júlirós

Boy names

@rosebeth Thank you! Daisy’s full name is Daisy Josephine. I really just want a name that sounds great with Daisy.

So far the top contenders are:
    Theodore DavidTeddy
    August Owen or August DavidGus
    Frank DavidFrankie
    Something that gets us to “Barry” or “Harry
    Henry David?

David is a family name so we would like to use it, but it’s not absolutely essential. I don’t want to have Daisy and David/Davie for sure, so if we use that one it would just be as a middle name. I prefer to go by the name we use in the first spot in some form for simplicity’s sake.

We both liked that Daisy was short and sweet and nickname proof, but this time around the ones we can both agree on are longer with nicknames. The only drawback to Theodore for me at this point is popularity. Otherwise that’s our top choice. Love love love Teddy Roosevelt.

@june1070: I like most of the names you mentioned. Theodore "Teddy" is adorable, August and Frank "Frankie" are lovely too. I'd love to name a son Frankie (as a nickname or maybe with full name Franklin), but SO isn't convinced. Maybe Harris or Harrison to get to Harry, and Barnaby for Barry?

Yesterday I was exactly 20 weeks along, and this morning I had my 20 weeks echo and check up. Baby is doing fine, and it was so lovely to see him moving around a little. SO got really emotional, my gyn thought it was rather sweet. But when we left the hospital he was actually sobbing... The past couple of years have been incredibly difficult for him, sometimes he's still struggling, and he's happy with everything that's going on in our lives right now, but I guess he struggles to take it all in. Anyway, mixed feeling all around here But I'm relieved baby is doing so well.

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Long time no posting for me! Super busy with end of the school year and starting up my summer school program and trying to keep up with my own studies. So excited for everyone! Congratulations to the newly expecting!! And I'm loving the names you are all choosing!! Lucy is just perfect with Alice and Clara, Baltasar is fabulous and I think it balances nicely with Hjörtur, and I have to say I adore Eloise! As for family not "appreciating" your name choices, well, they will love the name once it belongs to your baby, as others have said. El and Ellie are sweet nicknames as well. Love the name Daisy, and I really like Theo as a little brother but Teddy is super cute, too. Thalia is an amazing name, I've only ever met one other in my life - she was in preschool with my daughter about 11 years ago. I hope I haven't left anyone out!!!

I know how it is when family doesn't necessarily agree with your naming style. I got a lot of raised eyebrows when I announced that Utopia would be my daughter's name at my baby shower - one guest went so far as to tell me she would grow up hating her name (she hasn't). My son's name wasn't decided until the very end for a variety of reasons, so people didn't get the chance to naysay. As for this baby, I've had my heart set on Ulysses for at least 2 years. My husband isn't particularly enamored with the name, but he's giving it to me because he chose the name we will use for a girl in the future, assuming that all works out. I just love it. It's got ancient and modern connections, and sounds great with his older siblings. I have a few options for a middle name, but I think both of us are leaning towards Oberon. My husband has asserted that he will pretty much always call him by a nickname (which he does with my older two as well, so it's not out of spite for the name) so I joked that if his middle name was Oberon he could call him Obi-Wan and make all sorts of Star Wars jokes. He had already said he liked the name when I brought it up, but I think that might have cemented it for him, lol. The other name I really like is Aurelius, but I think Oberon flows better.

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow and we will be touring the delivery ward at the hospital afterwards, so that is very exciting. I've been feeling small movements (very fluttery) for the past several weeks. Can't believe I'm at the halfway point already!! Time to do some nesting!
    Auriel Rene Rose
    Utopia Xanadu ('04) | Tiberius Apollo ('09)
    Due Nov 2019: Atlas Ulysses

Veridian Elora Luna // Aristeia Éowyn Skye
    Astraea . Andromeda . Illyria . Artemis .
    Adora . Daenerys . Ilia . Nymeria . Nemea . Lyra . Theta . Phaedra . Zephyr

Rubeus Escher Eridani
    Atreides . Aurelius . Valen .
    Caladan . Cousteau . Calisto . Ignatius . Octavian . Zephyr . Marius . Lucian

Well, I still can't go back to work... Too much stress and anxiety, and my blood pressure is too high. I'm now on sick leave until mid July, I hope to go back to work at that point. I'll work for three more weeks, then I'll have two weeks of holiday, and then work until about 10 days before my due date. I haven't been into work since the end of May, and I feel kind of guilty for abandoning my co-workers and patients. I know baby's health (and mine) are the most important thing right now, but still, it's annoying.

It seems like this thread is moving slowly. I hope that means everyone is enjoying their summer!

We are 26w3d now and I'm nearing my glucose test which is more annoying than anything. I failed the 1 hour last pregnancy and while I passed the 3 hour it was much harder. I'm really hoping I don't have to do that this time around. Lucy is moving lots lately and we're getting more serious about moving Clara out of the nursery. Hope everyone else is doing well!
    Alice Caroline 2016
    Clara Linda 2018
    Lucy Danielle coming October 2019

This thread is really very slow. I check it nearly every day (especially since I'm at home with not much else to do), but I usually don't post anything because I'm just talking to myself

Things are slowly getting better here, blood pressure is good and I'm feeling less anxious. If nothing changes for the worst I'll be going back to work next Monday. I'm looking forward to that, but on the other hand I'll miss spending more time with Hjörtur. On top of that this month is incredibly busy for SO at work, so it'll take some serious planning now that Hjörtur's off kindergarten. He'll be spending a few weeks with his dad too. SO and I both have time off in August.

I havent been active much either. My computer is giving me lots of problems so just been using my phone which is hard to do a reply to threads. I've fixed my computer once so far and just really dont have the energy to do it again. I should probably get it looked at but you know its kind of on the back burner right now.

I've been working, enjoying my summer when I can, and enjoying my little bean growing even more. I recently caught a stomach bug from my kids at work so the end of this week wasnt that fun. Nothing stayed down for at least a day but finally back to normal. Shes moving so much more! I feel like I feel almost every movement she makes but probably not.

The best news is little bean has a name! Margaret "Maggie". I'm not settled on middle name completely bit nothing has one upped margaret kate.
    Anthony Michael - Abel James - Callahan Jacoby
    Declan Joseph - Dominik Arthur - Xavier Thomas
    Malcolm Tobias - Lucas Paul - Archer Callum
    Killian Isaac

Eloise Grace - Thea Lux - Elleanora Ruth
    Annika Felicity Snow - Freya Kathleen
    Audra Magnolia - Sadie Leona
    Calla Jade - Jayda Louise Storm

expecting baby girl october 2019
    Margaret "Maggie" Kate

italicized names are honor names

@brigx: Margaret "Maggie" is a lovely choice. We're still thinking about a middle name too, I just can't decide. I suppose that will be a last minute thing.

Hi all, everything is good here. 30 weeks, no complications yet. The OB did order another ultrasound in two weeks out of an abundance of caution since my diastolic blood pressure has been in prehypertensive level, but I'm happy to get another sneak peek! I haven't really been around NB at all, why is it more interesting when I'm not pregnant, lol? Probably because there's actual baby-related stuff to do in my spare time. And I feel like I'm even procrastinating on the nesting! haha. Need to get the paperwork around for maternity leave, dig all the baby-related items out of the closet and sort them and start setting baby stuff up! I did get some good deals on Amazon Prime day so I have already gotten a crib, stroller and other smaller things I know we need. I live in Arizona and luckily summer was much later to arrive this year than last but holy hell it is hot now and getting more difficult to even go to the store with my ever-growing baby heater! Hope everyone else is doing well.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9865107
    My little boy blue Indigo Robert
    If we had a girl tomorrow Majorelle Anne
    "Maggie"
    http://www.howtopronounce.com/french/majorelle/