Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sibling name for August and Atticus

please help me with suggestions for a boy sibling name for my sons August and Atticus.
    We don’t know if we are having a boy or a girl, we have a girls name sorted but my husband and I cannot agree on a boys name

We both LOVE Abel, but our surname starts with B and rhymes with Tooth so think it’s too hard to pronounce with the B sounds. Thoughts?

I like but don’t love:
    Felix
    Sullivan
    Reuben
    Rupert
    Sawyer
    Everett
    Quentin
    Alistair

My husband doesn’t like any of my suggestions and suggested these which I don’t really love:
    Aspen
    Jasper
    Finn/Flynn
    Austin

We’ve used Spencer as a middle name already, and ideally we would love another ‘A’ name but we are really struggling to think of one. We know an Archie and Arlo so can’t use these. Help

August, Atticus and....

Apollo
    Axel
    Adair
    Azariah
    Adrian
    Abraham (a bit like Abel, but maybe the length would mean the b sounds don't clash. Abram found be another option)
    Anders
    Dorian
    Otto
    Evander
    Rowan
    Julian
    Micah
    Fabian
    Ezra
    Silas
    Marlon
    Raphael
    Rafferty
    Cedric
    Caspian
    Alden
    Oscar
    Wilder
    Isaac
    Judah
    Hayden
    Cecil
    Zephyr
    Winter
    Lachlan

For what it's worth though, I don't think Abel sounds bad with your surname. I think it's usable and fits well
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter|
    Tristan Wilder|Everett Orion|Ezra Apollo|Otto Elias

Names inspired by my bookshelf: to the ones they call frivolous and terrible
    Dora Penelope|Ginevra Florence|Isabella Delphine
    Rosamond Victoria|Amy Celestina|Lydia Hazel

More names!

For another ideal 'A' name I thought of Arthur (which I think sounds equally strong and 'kingly' as your other kids names). Otherwise I liked Felix, Quentin and Jasper from your lists and the suggestions of:

Julian
    Oscar
    Fabian

Would further add:
    Tobias
    Gideon
    Marcus
    Andreas
    Marcus
    Roman
    not expecting, just a name nerd with a name blog

I also thought of Arthur when I saw this; it's a great A name with a lot of history that fits in perfectly style-wise and sound-wise with your other boys' names. Shares sounds with Archie as well.

I like your husband's suggestion of Austin, but it's in the same family as August and starts with the same sound. Abraham/Abram could also be options (if the B sound isn't too much), or Adrian?

What do you think of Alan? It's my favorite "A" name. I also like Alessandro. Arthur is great, too.
    ♂ Daniel, Hugo.
    Liliana, Sabrina. ♀

Other loves:
    Luna, Meiying, Nalani.