Menu
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I had a great-grandmother called Kate whose nickname was Kitty, so personally I see them as pretty much the same name, and using one would honour both.
    Little Miss's
    ♥ Sienna ♥ Everly ♥ Clara ♥
    ♥ Annalise ♥ Kinsley ♥ Aria ♥ Eleni ♥ Hollie ♥
    ♥ Elowen ♥ Charlotte ♥ Lydia ♥ Emerson ♥ Athena ♥

Little Mr's
    ♥ Ramsey ♥ Harrison ♥ Nolan ♥
    ♥ Lester ♥ Atlas ♥ Elwood ♥ Mason ♥ Miles ♥
    ♥ Reid ♥ Wilder ♥ Chester ♥ Finnegan ♥ Hudson♥

Quote Originally Posted by cece84 View Post
    They're both lovely names, but I really don't think you can use Kitty and Kate within the same name - you're effectively just using the same name twice. It would be like calling a baby boy Edward Thomas Ted, or a girl Eliza May Bess.

I mean of course technically you *can* I'm just a bit baffled about why you'd want to - surely if your sister is Kate she's already named in honour of your grandmother? So by using the name once you'd just be carrying on the honour name anyway?
    Interestingly my sister wasn’t named after my grandmother. My grandmother was christened Kitty and my parents just so happened to like the name Kate which is why they feel like two different names to me.

I see your point as they both derive from the same name but i didn’t mind or have a problem with the examples you gave at all. I didn’t find them odd or would question them. They actually seem to work!

Every Kitty that I have known personally was either a prostitute, an adult film star, or a stripper. Just warning you, she may get those kind of comments when she's older and in school. There was a Kitty in my 10th grade class and she got asked all the time what her "prices" were and was voted "Most likely to become a stripper" which I guess was true as she now she runs Snapchat Premium accounts (if you don't know what those are, a quick google search will tell you).

It sounds cute on a child but when she gets older it really just sounds unprofessional and if I met anyone in a professional field named Kitty I really wouldn't be able to take them seriously at all.

Remember that a child's name will effect them throughout their entire life.

Kitty is a nickname for Katherine which would be much more suitable and would honor both your grandmother and your sister. If you'd like something more exotic you can go for Katerina.

Quote Originally Posted by interstellar View Post
    Every Kitty that I have known personally was either a prostitute, an adult film star, or a stripper. Just warning you, she may get those kind of comments when she's older and in school. There was a Kitty in my 10th grade class and she got asked all the time what her "prices" were and was voted "Most likely to become a stripper" which I guess was true as she now she runs Snapchat Premium accounts (if you don't know what those are, a quick google search will tell you).

It sounds cute on a child but when she gets older it really just sounds unprofessional and if I met anyone in a professional field named Kitty I really wouldn't be able to take them seriously at all.

Remember that a child's name will effect them throughout their entire life.

Kitty is a nickname for Katherine which would be much more suitable and would honor both your grandmother and your sister. If you'd like something more exotic you can go for Katerina.
    I wasn’t actually looking for advice on the first name - I was seeking advice on the middle names (as the title of my post reads). I’m also not acquainted with any strippers or prostitutes so, while these may be the type of people you associate with, I don’t and the people I do know with this name are actually in prestigious professions. As I’ve already mentioned, I find the name Katherine boring.

Thanks for every ones comments (who weren’t crude or rude!) I’ve made my mind up now!