Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Kepler?

My husband and I are really loving the name Kepler for #2. Its the first boy name we've found that both of us love so we're excited but I don't want to be hasty! Any downsides you can think of? It seems pretty easy to pronounce/spell to me. Anything I'm not thinking of?
    Secondly- our planned middle name for a boy was Johan (my husband's dad's middle name), but seems sort of funny to use that with Kepler as the astronomer was Johannes Kepler... thoughts?

I'm just not a fan, it doesn't sound like a first name to me. It isn't Horrible though, and I think you're right about ease of spelling/pronunciation.
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

One downside is that depending on your surname Kepler might be too surname-y. For example, if your surname was James, Kepler James would sound like a last name and then a first name. Also, the only obvious nickname is Kip which you might dislike.
    As for my personal opinion, I find it a bit too much of a surname to imagine as a first name, but everyone has different tastes.
    Kepler Johan could work, though some select few could assume you're big astronomy fans, which doesn't seem like the biggest issue to me.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

I think it is fine and I like that it is uncommon, strong and masculine, but not weird, so I think it would be easy to wear. Because it is uncommon some people may take a short time to adjust to it as a first name but it is straight forward both as the name itself, and in the spelling. Kepler Johan flows very nicely. You have found a name you love so I think you should go with it!

Why anyone thinks "this surname name is too surnamey" is a helpful or worthwhile thing to say is beyond me. I think it's fine.

Has nice scientific appeal to me! Fits right in with current trends. And Kip is a great nn idea.

I do think Kepler Johan is kind of funny. You could always use the grandfather's first name as the middle?

Not a fan.
    ♂ Teodoro.
    Liliana, Sabrina. ♀

Thinking about:
    Itai.

I’ll be honest.. I don’t like it (picturing seaweed from Kelp), but if you do that’s all that matters!! Keller might be a cleaner alternative.
    Girls: Chelsea, Anna, Sonia, Caroline

Boys: John (Jack), Gavin, Wade, Hudson

Ok, as one of the others said, let's assume your last name was James.

I think the name Kepler Johan James is a very good name. Go for it.

I really like it actually. I think it's unique and I like the connection to the astronomer. I think Kep/Kip is an adorable nickname as well.
    Mommy to twins Arthur Robert and Jasper Steven 💞

Thinking of: Phoebe Rosalind or Griffin Orlando

*Murray*Fabian*Florian*Griffin*Lachlan*Harry*
    *Barnaby*Sumner*Felix*Marius*Jonas*Frederick*
    *Cornelius*Kipling*Kit*Valentine*Murphy*Victor*

*Eliza*Kerensa*Celeste*Rosalind*Opal*Cleo*
    *Iris*Harriet*Helena*Delphine*Sylvie*
    *Wilhelmina*Ivy*Hero*Phoebe*
    *Clara*Vivian*Winifred*Victoria*Blythe*