Menu

View Poll Results: Theodora or something else?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theodora Faye

28 59.57%
  • Theodora Leni

6 12.77%
  • Frances Leni nn Frankie

5 10.64%
  • Eleanor Frances nn Leni

8 17.02%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Theodora

Hi all,

I posted recently asking for thoughts on my girls names and got a great response. I am pregnant with baby #2 and are unsure if we are going to find out the gender yet so looking at both girl and boy names. We have a daughter, Elsie Isabelle. She was named after my great grandmother and therefore we want to name this baby after my husbands side of the family. (I love the idea of our children having a family name)

I have been going through so many names lately and none are really jumping out at me. We have both said that we like Theodore John for a boy with the option of Teddy as a nickname (although not locked in as we haven't actually had a proper baby name chat, my husband wants to wait until I'm at least half way) My husband's granddad's name was Edward however he went by Ted. Would it be weird to name our girl Theodora with the same nn Teddy? This will be our last baby so there's no saving a name for next time. Her full name will be Theodora Faye or Theodora Leni.

Other options I have been thinking are
    Frances Leni nn Frankie - husband's nan's middle name is Frances and granddad's nn Lenny.
    Eleanor Frances nn Leni - as above

Naming babies is definitely a hard job! Please share all opinions good and bad!

Theodora is such a beautiful name! And I love how it's meaningful to you. I don't think it'd be weird at all to call her Teddy, people do things like this all the time! If you want there to be a small difference you could spell it Teddie.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

Theodora Faye is gorgeous and Teddy is a sweet nickname. I like Theo too.
    Mama to Beatrix

Winifred ۰ Mabel ۰ Louisa ۰ Frances
    Harriet ۰ Violet ۰ Dorothea ۰ Josephine ۰ Rosemary
    Prudence ۰ Daisy ۰ Ruby ۰ Alice ۰ Agatha ۰ Adelaide

Casper ۰ Archie ۰ Linus ۰ Harry ۰ Theodore
    Friedrich ۰ Alfie ۰ Ernest ۰ August ۰ Arthur ۰ Oscar
    Louis ۰ Albert ۰ Alfred ۰ George ۰ Miles ۰ Henry

Full List

I voted for Theodora Leni. Leni was in three of the four options, so I felt it was very important to you and that you should use it even if Faye seems to be more popular. I also love Theodora with the nickname Teddy! Teddy is adorable for a girl, and is a great sister for Elsie.

Would you consider Theodora Frances? That would be a gorgeous option!

Thea is also a cute nickname for Theodora, though I've always liked the spelling of Theadora which matches that nickname better.

I voted Eleanor Frances nn Leni before I saw your daughter is Elsie.
    I think my second choice is Fances Leni, Theodora Faye very close behind.
    I love the nn Leni, I prefer it as a nn to Lenora or Lenore
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    Eadie Thessaly
    Delphie Claire
    Elma Josephine

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Lewan Maxwell
    Edwin Cain
    Reggie Theodore
    Lennox Graham

Eleanor Frances is my favourite and I like Leni as a nickname for Eleanor, and it's also a nice way of honouring your husband's family.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Ffion + Isabel + Zuelia + Robin
    GP Crushes: Xiomara + Zena + Moon + Imre + Zebulon

I find Elsie and Eleanor a bit too close. I think it would be totally fine to go with Theodora nn. Teddy with a Ted in the family. I recently read and watched The Haunting of Hill House and two of the main characters are Eleanor and Theodora, she goes by Theo which I liked as well. Theodora Faye is really pretty and unexpected.
    Finn, Leo, and Kate <3

Mila Elena Arabella | Mason Calder Declan

Freya Violet Stella | Aurora Olivia Guinevere | Fia Lillianna Elizaveta | Morgana Rose Genevieve
    Juliet Belle Sophia | Anya Isla Persephone

Oliver Caspian James | Callum Nicholas Evander | August Victor Hugo
    Theo Bartholomew Lincoln | Dimitri Matthew Balthazar

Thanks everyone for voting and your thoughts. Theodora Faye is definitely a front runner for me at the moment and I'll keep Frances Leni on the list too. I have a few other names that I like with only using the middle name as a family name so I'm sure I'll be back again asking more questions. Thanks again for your help! :smile:

I love Frances Leni (prob nn Franny) or Helena or Lenora Frances nn Leni (bc Eleanor and Elsie too close as others have said). Good luck!
    Replying to posts to say what you made of the help should be standard NB etiquette - please reply! 🤓