Menu

View Poll Results: Theodora or something else?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theodora Faye

28 59.57%
  • Theodora Leni

6 12.77%
  • Frances Leni nn Frankie

5 10.64%
  • Eleanor Frances nn Leni

8 17.02%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Theodora

Hi all,

I posted recently asking for thoughts on my girls names and got a great response. I am pregnant with baby #2 and are unsure if we are going to find out the gender yet so looking at both girl and boy names. We have a daughter, Elsie Isabelle. She was named after my great grandmother and therefore we want to name this baby after my husbands side of the family. (I love the idea of our children having a family name)

I have been going through so many names lately and none are really jumping out at me. We have both said that we like Theodore John for a boy with the option of Teddy as a nickname (although not locked in as we haven't actually had a proper baby name chat, my husband wants to wait until I'm at least half way) My husband's granddad's name was Edward however he went by Ted. Would it be weird to name our girl Theodora with the same nn Teddy? This will be our last baby so there's no saving a name for next time. Her full name will be Theodora Faye or Theodora Leni.

Other options I have been thinking are
    Frances Leni nn Frankie - husband's nan's middle name is Frances and granddad's nn Lenny.
    Eleanor Frances nn Leni - as above

Naming babies is definitely a hard job! Please share all opinions good and bad!

Theodora is such a beautiful name! And I love how it's meaningful to you. I don't think it'd be weird at all to call her Teddy, people do things like this all the time! If you want there to be a small difference you could spell it Teddie.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Celia • Queer • Bird Mom to Bowie ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Helen Rosamund • Henrietta Joy
    Meadow Louise • Theodora True • Winifred Hope

Edmund Fox • Jem Augustus • Phillip Arrow
    Rafferty Noble • Reuben Shepherd • Stanley Ocean

💐💐💐

Theodora Faye is gorgeous and Teddy is a sweet nickname. I like Theo too.
    🐝 Beatrix Hazel June was born September 27, 2018! 🐝

Winifred Daisy Alice ۰ Philippa Mavis Honey ۰ Ruby Josephine Belle
    Millie Rowena Pearl ۰ Dorothea Primrose Nell ۰ Rosie Mirabelle Frances
    Violet Agatha Mabel ۰ Lucy Harriet Isobel

Casper August Kit ۰ Rupert Leo Ferdinand ۰ Linus Barnaby Neville
    Reuben Oscar Magnus ۰ Harry Arthur Julian ۰ Theodore Rufus Henry
    Archie Cecil Bear ۰ Miles Edward Hugh

Full List

I voted for Theodora Leni. Leni was in three of the four options, so I felt it was very important to you and that you should use it even if Faye seems to be more popular. I also love Theodora with the nickname Teddy! Teddy is adorable for a girl, and is a great sister for Elsie.

Would you consider Theodora Frances? That would be a gorgeous option!

Thea is also a cute nickname for Theodora, though I've always liked the spelling of Theadora which matches that nickname better.