Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Would you use the name Noah?

So I think we've whittled down our top names to either Noah or Easton. I love both the names but both have their pros and cons...

Noah - Super popular in the UK & the US, I think it's even in the top 5 name lists for both countries. It makes me reluctant to use it as it's been so popular for years & shows no signs of dropping in the charts.

Easton - Not common in the UK at all but it seems to be a love or hate it kind of name? I get a lot of mixed reactions when I run it by people/read up on forums about it. It's hard not to let the negative feedback affect our decision...
    Last edited by stephielc; April 19th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

I would use Easton - which I do like but am slightly hesitant for some reason - or another name like it, Westin, Ethan, Cormac, Baylor, Nolan,* Everett, Emmett or Landon. For me, Noah isn’t just popular, it is not hefty enough. I like softer names like Jasper, Silas, Declan and Marcel, but I find Noah is in the mouth / easy to swallow up. It does go with the other names though as a nice balance. I wouldn’t worry too much about people’s reactions (if they’re just a matter of taste more than a legit reason) since they’ll change anyway once they meet your son with the name. I think Easton is the name unless one really knocks it off perch!

*Nolan is a mix of both!
    Replying to posts to say what you made of the help should be standard NB etiquette - please reply! 🤓

Noah for me! Easton isn't my cup of tea and I like the ring of Noah, Fin and Parker better than Noah, Fin and Easton. I think it's better to use a popular name you love than to use a more unusual name you only like or are okay with. Popularity shouldn't be a massive deal breaker when it comes to names IMO.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Danica + Sarina + Margarita "Marga" + Evander + Jude + Emiliano
    GP Crushes: Fantine + Despina + Keturah + Milas + Bertram + Rogelio

They both have their pros and cons.
    I'm not a fan of Noah. Like you said, it's crazy popular at the moment and I personally dislike the obvious religious connection.
    Easton is not my style as I'm not into trendy names. However, I think I think it works really well with your other sons' names and I like that it's a bit more unique. The important thing is that you like the name. Have you thought about other -on names like Harrison, Lennon, Orion, Leon, Solomon, Deacon? Good luck!
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

I vastly prefer Noah, I think it just sounds a lot nicer.

Easton is ok, but I think Noah is a nicer name and I think the name Easton in the UK does have a love/hate reaction. Easton feels very American in style, whereas Noah is more universal.
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Marigold *Liora* | Lucas Avery *Ya'ir* | Eliza Beatrice *Yehudit* | Isaac Sebastian *Lavan*

Dearest, Darling
    Eira Solstice * Annabeth Willow * Ivy Claire * Cynthia Mairead *
    Cleo Adelaide * Freya Naomi * Mira Frances * Rhea Juliet *

Sweet, My Love
    * Simon Alexander * Oscar William * Everett Morgan * Spencer Milo
    * Benedict Lewis * Rory James * George Russell * Hugo Timothy

I'm a Noah fan and Easton makes me think of a Bristol suburb, sorry! I think Noah is great as part of the sib set too!

E x
    Proud Mummy to Jude Barnaby
    ~ 9th March 2018 ~

I'd go with Noah, despite it's popularity. I don't really mind how popular a name is, and I think if you love it, you should use it.
    I don't mind Easton, but I can't say I like it either. I suppose most people would have a love or hate reaction, and if that bothers you I'd avoid a name like Easton.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Víkingur * Ragnar * Addai * Dov * Bergur * Kjartan * Diethard * Mattias
    Zusa * Aramina * Eugenia * Karolina * Marganita * Elisabet * Júlirós

Noah, definitely. You may regret not using it, despite its popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by eloiset View Post
    I would use Easton - which I do like but am slightly hesitant for some reason - or another name like it, Westin, Ethan, Cormac, Baylor, Nolan,* Everett, Emmett or Landon. For me, Noah isn’t just popular, it is not hefty enough. I like softer names like Jasper, Silas, Declan and Marcel, but I find Noah is in the mouth / easy to swallow up. It does go with the other names though as a nice balance. I wouldn’t worry too much about people’s reactions (if they’re just a matter of taste more than a legit reason) since they’ll change anyway once they meet your son with the name. I think Easton is the name unless one really knocks it off perch!

*Nolan is a mix of both!
    Thank you for your great suggestions! All of those are names I would favourite - I know a couple of Ethan's already but if I didn't that would have been a strong contender too. I've decided against Noah now and now dithering between Easton & Leon? Which is also a bit different but perhaps not quite as 'trendy' sounding... So tricky third time round.

Quote Originally Posted by scillyellie View Post
    I'm a Noah fan and Easton makes me think of a Bristol suburb, sorry! I think Noah is great as part of the sib set too!

E x
    Haha I think Easton does seem to be a popular town name, which I don't mind. Easton is also a big sports brand in the states apparently.

We're also considering Leon now, which I think has a similar ring to it but perhaps not as 'trendy' sounding which I was worried about x