Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Would you use the name Noah?

So I think we've whittled down our top names to either Noah or Easton. I love both the names but both have their pros and cons...

Noah - Super popular in the UK & the US, I think it's even in the top 5 name lists for both countries. It makes me reluctant to use it as it's been so popular for years & shows no signs of dropping in the charts.

Easton - Not common in the UK at all but it seems to be a love or hate it kind of name? I get a lot of mixed reactions when I run it by people/read up on forums about it. It's hard not to let the negative feedback affect our decision...

I really love both names though despite the cons... it's so hard! My son's names are Fin & Parker (apologies I've posted here quite recently with our full list).

I would use Easton - which I do like but am slightly hesitant for some reason - or another name like it, Westin, Ethan, Cormac, Baylor, Nolan,* Everett, Emmett or Landon. For me, Noah isn’t just popular, it is not hefty enough. I like softer names like Jasper, Silas, Declan and Marcel, but I find Noah is in the mouth / easy to swallow up. It does go with the other names though as a nice balance. I wouldn’t worry too much about people’s reactions (if they’re just a matter of taste more than a legit reason) since they’ll change anyway once they meet your son with the name. I think Easton is the name unless one really knocks it off perch!

*Nolan is a mix of both!
    Replying to posts to say what you made of the help should be standard NB etiquette - please reply! 🤓

Noah for me! Easton isn't my cup of tea and I like the ring of Noah, Fin and Parker better than Noah, Fin and Easton. I think it's better to use a popular name you love than to use a more unusual name you only like or are okay with. Popularity shouldn't be a massive deal breaker when it comes to names IMO.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Laura + Malia + Naia + Kit + Philip
    GP Crushes: Azura + Isaline + Jacinthe

They both have their pros and cons.
    I'm not a fan of Noah. Like you said, it's crazy popular at the moment and I personally dislike the obvious religious connection.
    Easton is not my style as I'm not into trendy names. However, I think I think it works really well with your other sons' names and I like that it's a bit more unique. The important thing is that you like the name. Have you thought about other -on names like Harrison, Lennon, Orion, Leon, Solomon, Deacon? Good luck!
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Celia • Queer • Bird Mom to Bowie ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Helen Rosamund • Henrietta Joy
    Meadow Louise • Theodora True • Winifred Hope

Edmund Fox • Jem Augustus • Phillip Arrow
    Rafferty Noble • Reuben Shepherd • Stanley Ocean

💐💐💐

I vastly prefer Noah, I think it just sounds a lot nicer.

Easton is ok, but I think Noah is a nicer name and I think the name Easton in the UK does have a love/hate reaction. Easton feels very American in style, whereas Noah is more universal.
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Marigold. Eliza Avery. Mira Frances. Lucas Avery. Isaac William. Oscar Edward.

If my S/O were fully in control:
    Alice Jane. Ivy Claire. Cleo Elizabeth. Ruby Helen. Sylvia Catherine.
    Luke Russell. Edward Paul. William George. Henry Isaac. Patrick John.