Menu
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Girls name help please. Sisters Molly and Tilly

I have daughter Molly and step-daughter Tilly so looking for a girls name which will go with both.

So far we like:
    Amalia (we’re in the uk - is this too similar to the very popular Amelia?)
    Alexis (nn would be Ally)
    Ally (like all girls would have the ‘lly’ connection but are they too ‘samey’?)
    Isabella (too popular?)
    Leah
    Hadley
    Grace (love this but is very popular in UK along with Gracie)
    Aubrey
    Genesis
    Cassidy

Last name is double barrelled.

Opinions on these names please? And whether which ones go best with Molly and Tilly?

Thank you!

I can see why you might want to continue the -lly theme, but I’d personally look to branch out. Two girls with a strong pattern like that feels like a coincidence (especially as they’re step-sisters); three feels matchy to the point of being a little twee.

Isabella (could be Bella for short, giving you the double L but with a different ending), Leah and Grace feel like natural sisters for Molly and Tilly. Hadley also fits quite nicely in an unexpected sort of a way.

Amalia is, in my opinion, both so close to Amelia as to be constantly confused for it, and a little too close to Molly. The others just feel like a very different style to me.

How about:

Phoebe
    Isla
    Lucy
    Alice
    Violet
    Elodie
    Luna
    Lola
    Poppy
    Daisy
    Haven
    Seren
    Stella
    Neve/Niamh
    Rosa
    Pippa
    Sadie
    Alma
    Florence
    Ruby
    Jessa
    J. M. (2015) + K. V. (2017) ♂
    baby sister due in February!

My favorite is Hadley! Cassidy is also pretty cute.
    Alexis "Ally" or just Ally and Amalia seem too close to your other girls' names. I do think Isabella and Grace are too popular. I also would avoid Leah, because saying "Molly, Tilly, Leah" sounds kind of awkward since it starts with a lee sound. I'd ignore it if Leah was your favorite name ever but since it's not I believe you have better options.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Celia • Queer • Bird Mom to Bowie ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Helen Rosamund • Henrietta Joy
    Meadow Louise • Theodora True • Winifred Hope

Edmund Fox • Jem Augustus • Phillip Arrow
    Rafferty Noble • Reuben Shepherd • Stanley Ocean

💐💐💐

I love Grace with your sister set. I like Alexis used in full, but the nn Ally might be too much. I second the suggestions of Daisy, Lucy, and Stella. Some other ideas:
    Clare
    Abigail nn Abby
    Jane
    Rose
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

I think samey is nice for siblings especially in a blended family. I think Sally is the name you should go with. It's a name on its own and it has the same old fashioned quality that Molly and Tilly do.